Space Opera Fans discussion

The Long Way Home (Sequoyah, #1)
This topic is about The Long Way Home
BOTM THEMED > August 2020 THEMED: The Long Way Home by Chase

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Teresa, Plan B is in Effect (last edited Aug 09, 2020 04:48PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Teresa Carrigan | 2492 comments Mod
The August 2020 Themed Pick is The Long Way Home (Sequoyah, #1) by Sabrina Chase The Long Way Home by Sabrina Chase. The theme is Binge-Starter. We read this book in May 2018 and want to reread it. The previous discussion is here: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

Please use this thread to post questions, comments, and reviews, at any time. You can also use the previous discussion thread, particularly if you are responding to a comment made on that thread.

Official description:
Webspace pilot Moire Cameron is one of the best--but even she can’t fly her way out of a catastrophic drive failure that triggers a time-dilation bubble. Left suddenly eighty years out of date, she is on the run in a world she no longer knows, caught in the middle of a human-alien war while agents of Toren hunt her for the information only she has--the location of the pristine world of Sequoyah.

The Long Way Home is the first book in the Sequoyah trilogy.

message 2: by Teresa, Plan B is in Effect (new) - rated it 4 stars

I have read this book at least three times. I really cared about some of the characters, and the aliens are truly alien not just humans in costumes. The bad guys are rather cliche: faceless greedy mega corporation and its employees or highly prejudiced bigoted bullies.

This is the first book of a trilogy. There’s a lot of action both in space and on planets, likely enough to satisfy readers who are into military SF.

Jemima Pett | 152 comments I've just finished it, I couldn't wait to get back to it every time I had to put it down!

I really enjoyed the sense of mystery (not just surrounding Moire), and the great world-building. I see your point about the bad guys, but there are some interesting nuances in there for the Fleet element, and as I remembered who was who throughout, the characters must have been well drawn.

I've added the other two in the series to my TBR... one off, two on, that's how it grows :)

message 4: by Teresa, Plan B is in Effect (new) - rated it 4 stars

Quote from this book:
He should be glad he could still serve Fleet, even if his new job title was Bait.

From book 2:
Covert ops with an eight–‌year–‌old had problems all its own.

From book 3:
“Can I make the guns green?” came his muffled voice. “Yes, on standby,” said his long–‌suffering mother. “Don't shoot unless I say so. If you start another galactic war you will be grounded until the heat death of the universe.”

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Long Way Home (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Sabrina Chase (other topics)