100 Letters Book Club discussion

Introduce Yourself!

Comments Showing 1-40 of 40 (40 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by liv (last edited Jul 25, 2020 05:06PM) (new)

liv (visitkingdoms) | 9 comments Mod
Hey guys! Welcome to the 100 Letters Book Club! This has been a long time coming, but we made it!! WOOOO!!! I'd like to thank the Academy--

Let's start by introducing ourselves. It might take a little while to get used to this site, so I figured an introduction post is easy enough to start with. :)

If you don't know, I'm Liv and my twitter handle is @visitkingdoms. I'm the moderator of this club. My favorite artist (aside from Halsey, as that is implied by ... everything about this club) is Taylor Swift (oh my god folklore ..................), my favorite book is The Girls by Emma Cline, and a book I'm reading right now is The Shining by Stephen King. I'm a songwriter, I love to bake, and I have a pet pug named Pups who is my best friend even though I am allergic to her and break out into hives whenever I touch her :( (the hives are worth it).

POST ABOUT YOURSELVES! OR DON'T! Whatever you're comfortable sharing about yourself, please share! I'm looking forward to reading with you guys and getting to know a lot of you better than I already do. :)

message 2: by Helena (new)

Helena (brogart) | 1 comments aye it’s @colorstripped !! Have revived the goodreads acc just 4 this Im so excited to read again. Basically spent my teen years w my head in a book I’m so keen to get back in to it w yall :*

message 3: by Valentina (new)

Valentina (puginbaby) | 4 comments Hi!! It’s 1.45am and I can’t sleep so why not introducing myself right now?

My name is Valentina, I’m from Italy but live in London. I started using twitter a couple of months ago so I’m still trying to figure it out eheh my handle is @violentxrain. Other than our gal pal Halsey my favourite artists are Muse, Arctic Monkeys, Paramore etc etc the usual AlternativeBandsTM. I go to too many concerts - it’s an addiction 😔

I work in digital marketing (boring) and I have a combined degree in German & Film and Media because I like cinema and foreign languages and I couldn’t choose just one. I also speak Spanish. Aaaand I love reading, I’m a messy reader cause I read lots of books at the same time sigh :( My favourite authors are probably Philip Roth, Haruki Murakami and Elena Ferrante. I also like poetry (mainly Italian poetry so I won’t bore you with that)

I love dogs. I think that’s it!

message 4: by Nicole (new)

Nicole | 1 comments What up it’s @nicolekxm keen to see what books ends up being chosen need to get back into reading and this is such a sick idea xxx

message 5: by Kenly (new)

Kenly CG (kenlycg) | 7 comments Hi! I'm Kenly (@kenlycg on twitter and instagram) and I'm from Costa Rica. My favorite musicians are Halsey, Taylor Swift, and twenty one pilots. I'm obsessed with Brie Larson. I love reading, but I haven't read as much as I'd like to for a long time. My favorite movie is Sweeney Todd. My favorite book is 11/22/63 by Stephen King, and my current reading (not really current because I haven't read it since February lol) is Cherry by Nico Walker.

message 6: by Tori (new)

Tori Forte | 1 comments hi! i’m tori, @invincibletori on twitter! I love fantasy, non-fiction, and biographies. my favorite book is a little life and i’m currently reading the overstory! I can’t wait to read with y’all and get to know you better!

message 7: by Pepper (new)

Pepper (campcopes) | 1 comments Hi all! This is @campcopes 🤠 I’m a US citizen who decided to run away to Australia just before COVID struck, so now I’m here for the foreseeable future! I’m a barista by trade and that brings me the most joy, along with the DIY music scene and my pets (a cat named River and a dog named Sybil)

I’ve always enjoyed non-fiction and the section I go straight to in bookstores is cultural studies / queer / non-white non-fiction. Back home in the US, I have piles of books about Black journalism. I’ll also devour any book on coffee spotted at local shops. The last book I read was, “First, They Erased Our Name: A Rohingya Speaks” by Habiburahman with Sophie Ansel and I’m currently working through, “Revolutionary Yiddishland: A History is Jewish Radicalism” by Alain Brossat and Sylvia Klingberg.

I generally use they/them pronouns :)

message 8: by Ozthaniel (new)

Ozthaniel  (jstkeepswmmng) | 1 comments Henlo. I’m @wizard0f_0z on Twitter. I read mostly fantasy, suspense, paranormal, sci-fi, and things of the sort. I also enjoy poetry autobiographical, and anything remotely science based. A lot of the time I have to do audiobooks instead due to a brain condition that kinda messes with me. I don’t read as much as I should but I’m hoping to change that.

message 9: by Alexys (new)

Alexys Carrasquillo | 2 comments Heyy guys :) my name is Alexys (Alexys_C on twitter and lxy.crsql on Instagram). I’m 24 and live in Charlotte, NC in the US. I spend most of my time working, playing animal crossing, listening to music, and reading. I mainly love reading fiction books because I love escaping the real world and my mind lol. I can’t wait to read with you guys!

message 10: by Kali (new)

Kali (livebylyrics) | 2 comments <--- Kali Berry aka @livebylyrics17 on twitter
I used to read and write a lot more than I do. My old laptop had an estimated 80 songs and 30 poems written, as well as at least 20 fanfics and 3?4? NaNoWriMo novels. Unfortunately, my ex sold my laptop for drugs and not all of the content made it to the cloud or backup drives. The only NaNo that was even slightly considered publishable was one that is gone. Oops.
It's hard to write after that...
When I first heard Halsey's music, in 2014 or 2015, I immediately liked it. But I didn't stan. I go through phases where I become ABSOLUTELY ADDICTED TO AND OBSESSED WITH something in such a way that leaves no room for anything else. At that time, it was Alesana. Great band. Haven't listened to them in a couple years because that phase faded.
For while, my stan was local music and going out to concerts every week. Whew lemme tell you I was broke and drunk.
Now I come in all late to stan Halsey and missed so many eras. Yes, I heard the music, but I wasn't online for the countdowns and the pre orders and the community. :(
Oh well, I'm here now. And I plan to stay <3
P.S. Ten years ago, I stanned twilight and the nostalgia keeps love for it in my heart.

message 11: by Emily (new)

Emily | 1 comments i’m emily @emilyveda on twitter, it’s 3:15am here in the uk and i’m just joining now and i can’t bloody wait for what’s to come💖

message 12: by Milo (new)

Milo | 6 comments Hello everyone! I'm Murilo/Milo (@neptunicmanic on twitter), an 18yo brazilian boy who likes pop music in general with focus on Halsey's work. I used to read a lot a few years ago and I lost touch with this section of art when I started to flirt with other stuff like dancing, science, drawing and music, obviously. I'm joining here because I feel like getting back with reading and being able to do that with such great company as other stans is an exciting two-for-one!

message 13: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 1 comments Hello everyone! I’m Ashley (but not Halsey 😂). I’m new to twitter but my handle is @MurthaAshley but I’ve been a fan of Halsey’s since Badlands. I also listen to Taylor Swift (currently listening to folklore 😍) and most stuff that plays on today’s radios. I’m 26 and am married to the best wife I could ever ask for, my best friend. We also have two dogs. I mostly read (and write) young adult fiction and my favorite author is Cassandra Clare. I can’t wait to read with all of you!

message 14: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 2 comments Hi everyone!
I’m Sarah (sarahm0617 on twitter and sarahm_xo on insta) from Chicago! I am an avid music lover. Aside from Halsey, PVRIS is my favorite band. I also love the 1975, Maggie Rogers, the Japanese house, banks, etc. I’m a grown emo kid. One of my favorite books is the girl on the train. I love potato chips and chocolate. Can’t wait to get started!

message 15: by becca (new)

becca | 2 comments hey all! i’m becca (@personaIbests on twitter). i really love to read, but don’t do it enough as i should. i also really love tv shows, films and music! some of my favorite artists are halsey, sabrina carpenter and taylor swift, and i’m going to college for filmmaking. i love reading YA fiction. my favorite book is “one of us is lying” and karen m. mcmanus is my favorite author. i’m so excited to get to know you all and start reading!

message 16: by Tamara (new)

Tamara | 1 comments heyy, I'm tamara! (@HeavenIyWave on twitter) very much a fan of halsey, aswell as a few other artists such as Taylor Swift, kehlani & a whole bunch more. used to read all the time and can't wait to get started and read with everyone!!

message 17: by Kit (new)

Kit (homoarigato) | 7 comments hey everyone!! i'm kit (@homoarigato on twitter). my pronouns are they/them. i love halsey and now taylor (FOLKLORE??????). i just finished reading my sister the serial killer by oyinkan braithwaite and i'm now reading women don't owe you pretty by florence given. i've been dreaming of a halsey fan book club so i'm excited to see what kind of books we choose and where this will go!!

message 18: by Daniel (new)

Daniel | 1 comments hey guys, my name is dan (@tastedblood on twitter) and i’m obviously a big fan of halsey and like quite a few people here love taylor swift and have been utterly obsessed with folklore the past couple of days !! i’m currently at university studying journalism and i’m hoping to do a masters next year followed by a phd !! i’ve always loved reading since i was a little kid and i’m happy to try out almost any genre of book but in the past couple of years i’ve really fallen out of the habit so i can’t wait to get back into it with everyone here !!

message 19: by Dominique (last edited Jul 26, 2020 09:51AM) (new)

Dominique (dommarie123) | 1 comments Hi, everyone!!! My name's Dominique (@dommarie123). I'm a huge Halsey fan, as I'm sure most of us here are. I work and volunteer as an EMT and will be starting paramedic school soon. I love reading all different kinds of books. I'm starting to get back into writing and playing music again. I can't wait to get to know you all more as time goes on. I'm really excited that we all get to be part of this journey together!!!

message 20: by Madelyn (new)

Madelyn Trapani (madelyntrapani) | 3 comments hey y'all! My name is Madelyn (@madelyntrapani). My favorite artist is Halsey and outside from her, I guess you could say I love country music. I am from a lil beach city Pacifica, CA. I am currently majoring in Criminal Justice with a minor in Sociology. My favorite books being the Twilight Saga... been a twihard since I was 11? (Currently 20). Outside from Twilight, I love to read poetry and I have now started enjoying thriller books (I absolutely hate scary movies but find it a little bit easier to read scarier things instead). I am really excited to be a part of this book club!! I can't wait to get into more books and actually be able to discuss them and hopefully make some new friends!! :)

message 21: by Chari (new)

Chari (hfkblud) | 1 comments hii my name is Chari, I’m 21 y/o and I live in Belgium! my twitter is hfkblud and my instagram is throwbackhalsey. I joined because I used to read so many books but ever since I started college, I didn’t have the time anymore. I just dropped out and hope to read again. I’m excited to pick reading back up with you all!

message 22: by Skylar (last edited Jul 29, 2020 09:40AM) (new)

Skylar (opheiias) | 2 comments I'm Skylar or Sky (@lavanduias on twitter), and I'm 21. She/her pronouns. Obviously love h with my whole heart and I mostly stick to the indie/pop/rock scene. I love love love music and most creative outlets. I write and world-build, paint and draw, cook, and I've been in the middle of at least seven books for the past couple years. I've been really into narrative non-fiction recently but my greatest love is female-authored literature. I am a sucker for some good fantasy and sci-fi, though. I'm excited to have a group to hold me accountable for actually reading again and I'm looking forward to reading new things and getting to know everyone!!

message 23: by Rowan (new)

Rowan Youngblood | 1 comments hi! my name is rowan (@_rowieeee on twitter and insta), my pronouns are she/her, i’m 22 and i live in texas. i’m kinda new to stan twitter so i thought maybe this would be a good way to hopefully make some friends! when i was younger i used to be obsessed with reading however i’ve kinda fallen off and i would love to start reading again!

message 24: by hannah (new)

hannah aureum (hannahaureum) | 1 comments hey guys! I’m Hannah, I’m 19, and I’m from Michigan! My pronouns are she/her and I’ve been a halsey stan for almost 6 years now (room 93 stans rise). My twitter account is @clementineskiwi. I’m currently reading little fires everywhere and i’m about to start percy jackson for the first time :) currently don’t have a favorite book series bc the author of said series has ruined it for me (iykyk) but I’m really excited to get back in to reading 🧚🏼‍♀️

message 25: by Paulas (new)

Paulas (umymooniight) | 1 comments Hi everyone! My name's Paula (@umymoonIight on Twitter) I've turned 18 this month and I am from Brazil. I'm so excited to read with you guys. Hopefully we can share, learn and grow a lot while trying to survive quarantine.

message 26: by madie (new)

madie | 1 comments Hi, I'm Madie (@loveslesss on Twitter) and I'm 18! I've been a Halsey stan for 6 years (I feel old). I haven't been reading any books currently since I've been in a reading slump, but by being apart of this book club, I'm hoping it'll only spark the interest again! :)

message 27: by Ina (new)

Ina | 2 comments Hello lovelies!

My name is Ina and my twitter @ is @/inangelus.
I’m super excited for this club because I haven’t read in a while even though all through my teens all i did was read. I started reading big little lies but still haven’t finished it so maybe this book club will inspire me to do so!
My fav artist is Halsey but i love to listen to any type of music, I’m a writer and I’m about to start law school!

Love to y’all <3

message 28: by Julia (new)

Julia (julia8se) | 1 comments Heyy girls and gays! I'm @julia8se on socials! My pronouns are she/her and I'm German. Besides Halsey I love listening to linkin park, blink 182, Fort minor, Mike shinoda, MGK and yungblud. My music taste is all over the place, and so is my book selection. Recently I've read books like Macbeth but also The white tiger and a few German books! I hope I'll be able to keep up with this :)

message 29: by tatiana (new)

tatiana (readingwithtati) i’m Tati (she/her) @forsakenmess on twitter!! my favourite person is also taylor :-) and i’m so excited to read with y’all !!

message 30: by Caroline (new)

Caroline | 1 comments Hey my name is Caroline :)

My fave artist is Halsey. Been a fan since just before badlands came out :) I’m also a huge fan of Taylor Swift and Lorde.

My favorite books are probably gone girl, the girl on the train, the song of Achilles, the secret life of bees, the help and the dragon tattoo series

I’m also a big animal lover and have a dog named boomer :)

message 31: by Angel (new)

Angel Cantolina | 1 comments Hi I’m angel. I love Halsey, Taylor swift and pop punk bands 😝 I’m from central PA, I have 3 cats, I write songs and a little poetry, and I’m also vegan. I’ve been reading more lately and I feel like this will help to keep me on track lol

message 32: by María (new)

María | 1 comments Hey everyone! I’m María, i live in Mexico and my pronouns are she/her. You can find me on twitter as @killingbxyz. I used to read lots of books but for the past few years I’ve struggled to concentrate. I wanted to join the club as motivation to keep reading even if it takes me a while to finish a book

I’m currently reading “Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe” by Benjamin Alire Sáenz

message 33: by Mallory (new)

Mallory  (malfortune) | 1 comments Hey all you lovely folx!

I am Mallory (she/her), I live in Rhode Island (Taylor Swift has been to my local Marshall’s). I am an entrepreneur, amateur poet, trained cultural anthropologist focusing largely on taboos, textiles and fashion. I am a kingian nonviolence instructor, plant and animal lover. Sun sign taurus, moon sign Virgo, Leo ascending. Huge music lover- having to miss my last 7 scheduled concerts due to covid is KILLING me.
I have always loved a good book- my favorite is Cat’s Cradle by Kurt Vonnegut . I am excited to participate in this book club and connect and share ideas and thoughts about literature with all of you.

message 34: by chloe (new)

chloe | 3 comments i just saw this cuz i'm the worst hello my name is chloe, @angeluschloe on the twitter, and i love taylor swift and halsey & all time low & i just finished reading the dark artifices trilogy and now i'm in a very emotional state,,, n i have a cat named jude who is an angel<3 and i have seen the vampire diaries like 46 times i think. :))))

message 35: by mary (new)

mary (angelonfire) | 1 comments hi! i'm a little late here but hello! i'm mary and my twitter @ is loverinhfk. i'm 19, my pronouns are she/her and i live in ireland c: i've always been an avid reader and i continuously buy books to read but i haven't read a lot in recent months due to lack of motivation and concentration :( but i'm trying !! :) i love hals, taylor swift and bts; among many others. im pretty spiritual and love astrology and tarot. i also LOVE writing; it's my passion. i write poetry a lot. and i also enjoy painting and drawing. im unemployment boooo so i have a depop where i sell handmade and preloved stuff and a redbubble where i make designs/digital drawings and sell them. i also have a dog. her name is daisy lol. i'm bad at introducing myself oops but um. yeah!! i'm rly excited for this :D

message 36: by Kaiya (new)

Kaiya | 1 comments Hi I’m Kaiya! (@coiorfuiminds on Twitter), sorry for being late life has been crazy busy! I never had time to read for pleasure when in school, so I’m so excited to be apart of this group! I’m a working artist, mainly drawing portraits and painting, but recently started making earrings! The last book I read was The Devil All The Time, should be pretty interesting to see how they adapt the movie.

message 37: by Micah (new)

Micah Walker | 1 comments Hi! I’m Micah! I’m 17. My Twitter is @micahbwalker I’m excited to be reading with you guys! Reach out if you ever need anything! Also stream August by Taylor Swift and I’m Not Mad by Halsey!

message 38: by Tauri (new)

Tauri | 1 comments Hi!! This is so cute. I’m so excited ! I’m Tauri! My Twitter is @TauriOFFICIAL I’m a musician (I do kinda experimental pop stuff) I’m currently not reading anything but I used to read literally all the time. I’m trying to get back into actively reading so hopefully this will bring that back ❤️

message 39: by Ivana (new)

Ivana | 1 comments Hello everyone!
I’m Ivana (@aloneinmymind2 on Twitter) and I adore Halsey and reading. My favorite book is The kind worth killing by Peter Swanson. I love to write songs and poems and to draw and paint all day long. Although I spend most of my days playing with my kitties.

message 40: by Steph (new)

Steph DiNenno | 1 comments Hi sorry im late!! My name is Steph and I live in the suburbs of Philadelphia. I recently graduated with a bachelors in biology and have been spending this quarantine watching a lot of survivor and reading lots of books! Im excited to finally share my love for books with a group of people that are interested in the same things I am ❤️