2022 Reading Challenge discussion

Never Fade (The Darkest Minds, #2)
This topic is about Never Fade
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
ARCHIVE 2020 > Never Fade (The Darkest Minds #2)

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by SarahKat, Buddy Reads (new)

SarahKat | 3174 comments This thread is to discuss Never Fade, the second book in the The Darkest Minds Series by Alexandra Bracken.

Pages: 507 pages

Length: 1 Month (August)

Participants: Eirelyn, Michelle

Everyone reads at their own pace during a Buddy Read. Because participants can be at different parts of the book at different times, it is extremely important to mark spoilers so that the book is not ruined for someone who is not as far along as others!!!

Mark spoilers by placing {spoiler} before the text and {/spoiler} after the text but use the < and > instead of the { and }.

Happy Buddy Reading!

Eirelyn (ladyeirelyn) | 1244 comments Thanks, SarahKat! :D

Michelle (spookiieej) | 313 comments Thank you! Can't believe we're on to the third book already ;).

message 4: by Eirelyn (last edited Aug 06, 2020 09:43AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Eirelyn (ladyeirelyn) | 1244 comments I am about to finish another book, and I'll be starting this one next! Maybe later today or tomorrow. :D

Michelle (spookiieej) | 313 comments Yay! I started this already, am on chapter eight (about 30% in) And so far it's not that great in my opinion. (view spoiler)

Michelle (spookiieej) | 313 comments I'm at chapter 19 now.

(view spoiler)

Eirelyn (ladyeirelyn) | 1244 comments Well, I thought my hold was coming through, but it hasn't yet. So as soon as it does, I'll start. XD

Michelle (spookiieej) | 313 comments hehe, no problem! I just finished this book. I'm going to sleep now, but will try to write some thoughts on it tomorrow!

Michelle (spookiieej) | 313 comments So,

(view spoiler)

Eirelyn (ladyeirelyn) | 1244 comments I finally started today! XD I've only finished Ch. 1 so far, but (view spoiler) I'm not sure how I feel about it yet.

Michelle (spookiieej) | 313 comments I know the struggle ;)

Eirelyn (ladyeirelyn) | 1244 comments I'm in Ch. 5 now, and I like that (view spoiler)

Also, I think it has gotten more intriguing now that Ruby & a couple of the others know for sure that (view spoiler)

I'm already ready for the group to be (view spoiler) lol

Michelle (spookiieej) | 313 comments I agree with you that [spoiler] it does feel a bit like the beginning of book one. However, I felt like it was mysterious then and now I personally sometimes felt a bit bored by it. The bad people come into play a lot in this book, so keep tuned for that! I also was very ready for the group to be back together. This was also what I mentioned in my first book comment :) [/spoiler]

Eirelyn (ladyeirelyn) | 1244 comments I just finished Ch. 8, and Ruby has just found (view spoiler)

Michelle (spookiieej) | 313 comments I do think the book gets better with time. I didn't really like the beginning, but started to like it more towards the end :).

Eirelyn (ladyeirelyn) | 1244 comments Oh, good! :D I was a little worried when you originally said it wasn't that great. But I am just now passing that part, so I'm glad to know it should be getting better from here on. :D

message 17: by Eirelyn (last edited Aug 20, 2020 02:41PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Eirelyn (ladyeirelyn) | 1244 comments EDIT: Nevermind. Looks like we're on for books 3 & 4. It's all been sorted now! haha

Hey, Michelle. I know we discussed continuing/confirming for book 3 in last month's thread, but it looks like it still needs to be confirmed in the Buddy Reads thread. Are you still good for reading book 3 next month? And if so, would you mind confirming that in the Buddy Reads thread before the cutoff on the 25th? :D

Michelle (spookiieej) | 313 comments Glad that's sorted! I do really want to continue book 3 :)

message 19: by Eirelyn (last edited Aug 24, 2020 12:10PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Eirelyn (ladyeirelyn) | 1244 comments I just finished! I'll have to gather my thoughts & post some more about it later. XD But at the moment, I'm just so (view spoiler)

Michelle (spookiieej) | 313 comments I had to gather my thoughts after finishing too. Take your time :). I'll hope with you, but I don't think so.

message 21: by Eirelyn (last edited Aug 25, 2020 08:21AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Eirelyn (ladyeirelyn) | 1244 comments All right, I wrote my review. :D

(view spoiler)

Eirelyn (ladyeirelyn) | 1244 comments And yeah, I agree with you. I don't really think it'll happen, but... I hope so. :(

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.
unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Never Fade (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Alexandra Bracken (other topics)