2022 Reading Challenge discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
ARCHIVE 2020 > A Map of Days (Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children #4)

Comments Showing 1-35 of 35 (35 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by SarahKat, Buddy Reads (new)

SarahKat | 3160 comments This thread is to discuss A Map of Days, the fourth book in the Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children Series by Ransom Riggs.

Pages: 496 pages

Length: 1 Month (August)

Participants: Ruthie, Squidget, Trisha, Eirelyn

Everyone reads at their own pace during a Buddy Read. Because participants can be at different parts of the book at different times, it is extremely important to mark spoilers so that the book is not ruined for someone who is not as far along as others!!!

Mark spoilers by placing {spoiler} before the text and {/spoiler} after the text but use the < and > instead of the { and }.

Happy Buddy Reading!

message 2: by Eirelyn (new)

Eirelyn (ladyeirelyn) | 1244 comments Thanks, SarahKat! :D

message 3: by Trisha, Buddy Reads (new)

Trisha (trishabisen) | 2275 comments Yet to get my hands on the copy! :'(

message 4: by Eirelyn (new)

Eirelyn (ladyeirelyn) | 1244 comments :( Oh no. I hope you're able to soon!

message 5: by Ruthie (new)

Ruthie (ruthieram_reads) | 985 comments Don't have it yet either!

message 6: by Trisha, Buddy Reads (new)

Trisha (trishabisen) | 2275 comments I got my copy! :)

message 7: by Eirelyn (new)

Eirelyn (ladyeirelyn) | 1244 comments Yay, Trisha! :D

message 8: by DieAReader (new)

DieAReader Unfortunately I am not going to be able to read this with you all. I am dealing with both several “health obstacles” currently & am unable to split my focus for this. I’m terribly sorry for any inconvenience.

Thanks for understanding.

message 9: by Eirelyn (new)

Eirelyn (ladyeirelyn) | 1244 comments @Squidget, don't worry about the buddy read. I hope everything goes okay for you.

message 10: by Eirelyn (new)

Eirelyn (ladyeirelyn) | 1244 comments I've started this one! I wasn't going to start it until later in the month, but the hold on the book I planned to read 2nd hasn't come through yet, so I began this one instead. :D

I'm liking it so far. I'm through ch. 3, and it has been really interesting to see (view spoiler)

message 11: by Jamie (new)

Jamie Johnson | 5 comments If y'all read book 5 soon I'd like to do that as a buddy read! I've read book 4 already.

message 12: by Eirelyn (new)

Eirelyn (ladyeirelyn) | 1244 comments Jamie, The Conference of the Birds is planned as a buddy read for next month. :D

message 13: by Claudia (new)

Claudia Desrochers | 1 comments I have yet to come across book 4 but hopefully soon I can find it

message 14: by Eirelyn (new)

Eirelyn (ladyeirelyn) | 1244 comments Good luck finding it, Claudia! :)

message 15: by Trisha, Buddy Reads (new)

Trisha (trishabisen) | 2275 comments Squidget wrote: "Unfortunately I am not going to be able to read this with you all. I am dealing with both several “health obstacles” currently & am unable to split my focus for this. I’m terribly sorry for any inc..."

I’m so sorry to hear about your health! Please take care yourself; nothing takes preference over health. Wishing you a speedy recovery!

message 16: by Trisha, Buddy Reads (new)

Trisha (trishabisen) | 2275 comments Eirelyn wrote: "I've started this one! I wasn't going to start it until later in the month, but the hold on the book I planned to read 2nd hasn't come through yet, so I began this one instead. :D

I'm liking it so..."

Eirelyn, I’ll probably start this book next, guessing in a day or two. Glad to know you’re liking it so far - will check your spoilers once I’m through those chapters.

message 17: by Trisha, Buddy Reads (last edited Aug 10, 2020 02:41AM) (new)

Trisha (trishabisen) | 2275 comments Jamie wrote: "If y'all read book 5 soon I'd like to do that as a buddy read! I've read book 4 already."

I’ll put down your name in the confirmed participants list once you post your confirmation in the buddy read sign-up thread. We will be glad if you join us.

message 18: by Ruthie (new)

Ruthie (ruthieram_reads) | 985 comments I have a few other library books to get through that are going back to the library soon before I can start this one! Looking forward to it!

message 19: by Eirelyn (new)

Eirelyn (ladyeirelyn) | 1244 comments I'm halfway through ch. 14 & really enjoying this book. I think I like it even better than Book #3! I love that, so far, it has basically (view spoiler)

message 20: by Ruthie (new)

Ruthie (ruthieram_reads) | 985 comments good to know! Can't wait till I can start it!

message 21: by Trisha, Buddy Reads (new)

Trisha (trishabisen) | 2275 comments Better than book#3? Whoa, that’s saying something! I’m starting this today although my initial plan was to start a different book but I can’t control my curiosity now. 🤓

message 22: by Eirelyn (new)

Eirelyn (ladyeirelyn) | 1244 comments Haha, for me, yes! XD I hope you guys like it as much as I do! ♥

message 23: by Trisha, Buddy Reads (new)

Trisha (trishabisen) | 2275 comments 30% in and it’s nice so far! (view spoiler)

message 24: by Trisha, Buddy Reads (new)

Trisha (trishabisen) | 2275 comments Eirelyn wrote: "I've started this one! I wasn't going to start it until later in the month, but the hold on the book I planned to read 2nd hasn't come through yet, so I began this one instead. :D

I'm liking it so..."

I agree, Eirelyn! (view spoiler)

message 25: by Ruthie (new)

Ruthie (ruthieram_reads) | 985 comments Library app is saying I still have to wait 2 weeks. Hopefully someone returns it early!

message 26: by Trisha, Buddy Reads (new)

Trisha (trishabisen) | 2275 comments Finally done! :D

I enjoyed this book just as much as the first book, I think! It was more believable than the other installments for sure. Here is my review.

message 27: by Eirelyn (new)

Eirelyn (ladyeirelyn) | 1244 comments Great review, Trisha! :D I agree wholeheartedly! (view spoiler)

I'm excited to read the final book! :D

message 28: by Ruthie (new)

Ruthie (ruthieram_reads) | 985 comments Finally got my copy from library hope to start today or in the next few days

message 29: by Eirelyn (new)

Eirelyn (ladyeirelyn) | 1244 comments Yay, Ruthie! :D I hope you like it as much as we did!

message 30: by Trisha, Buddy Reads (new)

Trisha (trishabisen) | 2275 comments Awesome! 🥳

message 31: by Ruthie (new)

Ruthie (ruthieram_reads) | 985 comments Started today! Liking it so far!

message 32: by Ruthie (new)

Ruthie (ruthieram_reads) | 985 comments I'm on chapter 6!

message 33: by Ruthie (new)

Ruthie (ruthieram_reads) | 985 comments I finished it!

I think this is my favorite one so far! I think it captured the essence of the first one while also having fast-paced and cool action moments. Just like the first one, I couldn't put it down.

message 34: by Trisha, Buddy Reads (new)

Trisha (trishabisen) | 2275 comments Ruthie wrote: "I finished it!

I think this is my favorite one so far! I think it captured the essence of the first one while also having fast-paced and cool action moments. Just like the first one, I couldn't p..."

Can’t agree more! That’s exactly how I felt! 🤓

message 35: by Ruthie (new)

Ruthie (ruthieram_reads) | 985 comments Great review Trisha!

(view spoiler)

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.