Tea party discussion

A Good Girl's Guide to Murder (A Good Girl's Guide to Murder, #1)
This topic is about A Good Girl's Guide to Murder
Group reads > August read #1 2020 - A Good Girls Guide To Murder

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Lucy Smith (lucykaysmith) | 16 comments Mod
This month we will be reading ‘a good girls guide to murder’! Any other recommendations for this month can be listed below!

Brittany Smyth | 5 comments Just bought it and can’t wait to start it

Me too! As soon as I read the blurb I felt hooked already🤣

Brittany Smyth | 5 comments My book came in the mail yesterday and my husband opened it. He came in our room holding the book and asked if everything was okay and if I needed to talk hahaha

Maria (mmenezes) | 30 comments Mod
Hi everyone! today is the start of our first August read! Grab your book and tea. Get excited :)

Another reminder that the end date is on the 7th of September so you will have a whole month.

Have a good time tea lovers

Grace Anatomy | 4 comments Thanks! 🤗

Just wanted to do a quick update!

Page 218 - I am getting through this book quite quickly as I’m so drawn in to this story! Is there anyone in the book who you have suspicions about already? 🧐

Hi all! Time for the discussion!

1. What was your favourite part of the book?

I think my favourite part of the book was when it started to turn real when Pip got the note saying "stop digging, Pippa". I think this was when I started to really get drawn into the story as it started to take a darker turn.

2. What was your overall opinion about the writing style?

For me I really enjoyed how this book was written as it didnt feel like a heavy read. I loved the illustrations and 'production logs' as it was something I hadn't really seen being done well in any other books, but in this style of genre it really added a sense of mystery for me.

message 10: by Lucy (new) - rated it 5 stars

3. Which characters in the book did you like best?

I think my favourite character had to be Sal as you could see everything he had gone through as a character and I felt a little sorry for him. I loved how as the book progressed he really started to open up to Pip and trust her, which I think was hard for him to do after everything that had happened to him.

message 11: by Lucy (new) - rated it 5 stars

4. Did the book impact you in any way? Would you remember it in a few months or years?

I don't think I was deeply impacted by the book personally, however, the story can open your eyes to how murder and kidnap cases can go unsolved for so long due to bad police work. I think it really is something that should be improved in society as there are too many cases today that go and stay unsolved.

message 12: by Lucy (new) - rated it 5 stars

5. What did you think of the book’s length? If it’s too long, what would you cut? If too short, what would you add?

Personally, I think the book was a good length as it wasn't too drawn out which I think can happen very easily with these sorts of stories. All the way through I never felt bored and was always intrigued to find out the ending of this story.

message 13: by Lucy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Finally, if this book wasn't your sort of book you can also discuss this below :]

Lucy wrote: "Hi all! Time for the discussion!

1. What was your favourite part of the book?

I think my favourite part of the book was when it started to turn real when Pip got the note saying "stop digging, Pi..."

That was mine too, I was also shook when Barney died :(

Lucy wrote: "2. What was your overall opinion about the writing style?

For me I really enjoyed how this book was written as it didnt feel like a heavy read. I loved the illustrations and 'production logs' as i..."

The mixed media was really cool, I think the author did a good mix of first person narration and third person so we got a lot of different views.

Lucy wrote: "3. Which characters in the book did you like best?

I think my favourite character had to be Sal as you could see everything he had gone through as a character and I felt a little sorry for him. I ..."

I loved Victor tbh, so funny.

message 17: by Lucy (new) - rated it 5 stars

*i meant my favourite character was Ravi🤣🤣

Lucy wrote: "4. Did the book impact you in any way? Would you remember it in a few months or years?

I don't think I was deeply impacted by the book personally, however, the story can open your eyes to how murd..."

The story showed how murder cases can heavily impact a victim, the way Pip got so emotionally investigate that it took a toll to her school career and family life.

Lucy wrote: "5. What did you think of the book’s length? If it’s too long, what would you cut? If too short, what would you add?

Personally, I think the book was a good length as it wasn't too drawn out which ..."

It looks like it's gonna be a massive story but it is a quicker read because, personally, I was very invested.

Overall I think the book was a great mystery which I definitely didn't predict. It did everything I wanted it to as a great summer read with the right amount of mystery, humour and romance. I did wish there was more of a mention of Cara at the end because I thought she was a bigger character.

Brittany Smyth | 5 comments I really enjoyed it overall. Not my normal genre but was pleasantly surprised to like it! I was so sure I had it figured out the whole time... I didn’t!