What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > YA family drama from early 2000s, dead brother, younger sister confronts brother's girlfriend years later

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (sillytwigg) | 1 comments I read this book in 2005 and it seemed new at the time, probably published less than 5 years before then.
It was assigned to us in school. We had to get a parent signature since there was a sex scene.

Plot that I remember is a family (mom, dad, one or two sons, younger sister) and son's girlfriend. Son dies or is murdered. Daughter grows up and tracks down girlfriend (who is now engaged or married to someone else) so she can get full story of what happened to brother.
First part of story is set in rural/suburban US and second part more urban.

Hope someone can help!

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35703 comments Mod
Shannon, that's a good start. You must add plot details (from your comments) to the topic header (title), so someone could recognize your book from that description alone. Many members only read the headers.

We have thousands of YA book requests. We close threads with vague headers.

Click the small "edit" link after the header. This only works on the full Desktop website - not the Mobile website or app. (On the Mobile website, there's a "Desktop version" link at the bottom of the page.)

message 3: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 20151 comments Something by Jodi Picoult?

message 4: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca A Snuggs (omgbeckylookatherbooks) | 8 comments This actually sounds very similar to an Emily Giffin book called First Comes love. Except that was 2 sisters and an older brother who died in a car accident. Also I don’t think this would be read in school.