Adrenaline Book Rush discussion

Chat

Comments Showing 1-50 of 130 (130 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by laura, best person ever :P (new)

laura (plotofgold) | 26 comments Mod
Hi I'm Laura! so how's everyone's summer going?

message 2: by Lizzie (new)

Lizzie Stone Hey, I'm Lizzie. Thanks for the invite, Anika! My summer has been great so far

message 3: by laura, best person ever :P (new)

is everyone doing something interesting? i feel like i'm doing hw everyday 😭

message 4: by Lizzie (new)

Lizzie Stone I've been writing a lot but that's because I want to. My mom isn't making me do any type of school during summer

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm Destiny, and my summer is actually turning out better than my past ones, surprising due to covid

message 6: by Aleya (new)

Aleya I’m good! Has better summers. But considering our current situation it’s pretty good. How about you?

message 7: by Haleema (new)

Haleema Q | 10 comments Hii im hal thx for the invite anika!

message 8: by Haleema (new)

Haleema Q | 10 comments Thanx :)

message 9: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany Thanks for the invite, Anika.
Hi, everyone. I'm sorry I didn't comment sooner. I was trying (and failing) to get my messages on Goodreads where I can access them.

There's something I need to talk about that will probably seem weird because a lot of you don't know me, but I need insight on this. I was trying to message my friend Coco about it, but I don't think my messages went through.

So here's the whole story. There's this person on Goodreads who sent me a friend request the other day. However, I saw a statement she made on her profile that offended me. I told her so.
She answered by twisting what I said, bringing up stuff that had nothing to do with anything. I responded to try to clarify stuff, but she had to answer again. She treated me as though I knew absolutely nothing when I know for a fact I knew more about it than she did because she just got the facts wrong in her last response. She even insulted me.

Later she apologized, (condescendingly, though, but she did it) but just this morning she decided to talk to me again. Apparently I misread one sentence in a really long message she sent me, so she very strongly implied that I'm stupid. I don't know what to do. I explicitly told her I don't want to talk to her after she basically told me I'm stupid. What should I do if she tries to talk to me again?

Sorry if that was weird, but I don't know what to do. This person made me really and I do uncomfortable and I was wondering if you people could help me decide what to do about it. Thanks so much.

message 10: by Haleema (new)

Haleema Q | 10 comments Tiffany wrote: "Thanks for the invite, Anika.
Hi, everyone. I'm sorry I didn't comment sooner. I was trying (and failing) to get my messages on Goodreads where I can access them.

There's something I need to talk..."

Oof im sorry that happened to you tiffany.. well i would say, so far, just completely ignore their rude comments.. as i dont rlly know them in afraid i cant help you too much but ill still say that you shouldnt take anyones harsh comments to heart..
Stay strong, girl!

message 11: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany I'll try to ignore her, then. Thanks for the advice.

message 12: by laura, best person ever :P (new)

Tiffany wrote: "Thanks for the invite, Anika.

There's something I need to talk..."

honestly there's not much you can do with people like that. As long as you know you are right and they are wrong, and you have proof that they are being rude or disrespectful when you didn't do anything wrong, then it's fine.

message 13: by Haleema (new)

Haleema Q | 10 comments Tiffany wrote: "I'll try to ignore her, then. Thanks for the advice."

Sorry for the extremely vague advice XD
But yh..that would be what i would do..

message 14: by Haleema (new)

Haleema Q | 10 comments laura :) wrote: "Tiffany wrote: "Thanks for the invite, Anika.

There's somethin..."

Agreed.

message 15: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany Thanks, everyone. I'll see if she says anything else after I told her to stop talking to me. If she does, I might flag her comments.

message 16: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany By the way, Hal, I'm not a girl, (you said "Stay strong,girl!") but thanks for the sentiment. Don't worry, I'm not offended; there's no way you could have known.
All of you have excellent advice. Thanks a lot!

message 17: by Haleema (new)

Haleema Q | 10 comments Tiffany wrote: "By the way, Hal, I'm not a girl, (you said "Stay strong,girl!") but thanks for the sentiment. Don't worry, I'm not offended; there's no way you could have known.
All of you have excellent advice. T..."

Oh! Im so sorry XD

message 18: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany No, it's fine. Don't worry about it.

message 19: by Haleema (new)

Haleema Q | 10 comments Tiffany wrote: "No, it's fine. Don't worry about it."

:)

message 20: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany It's to be expected; I don't mind the first time someone says it (before I correct them, of course.) It's totally fine.

message 21: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany I didn't know about the character thing. I'll make one when I have a chance.

message 22: by Haleema (new)

Haleema Q | 10 comments Tiffany wrote: "I didn't know about the character thing. I'll make one when I have a chance."

Yah same

message 23: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany So when do we get to the good stuff? Namely, books, of course!

message 24: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany That person I mentioned contacted me again.
She said that I was bothering her by talking nonsense, that her point was more reasonable than mine, and asked me what my problem was. This is in answer to a simple request for her to not talk to me. I told her that I am uncomfortable talking to her and that we were both perfectly reasonable, just disagreeing. I hope that satisfies her because if she says one more thing, I'm flagging her comments.

message 25: by Haleema (new)

Haleema Q | 10 comments Tiffany wrote: "That person I mentioned contacted me again.
She said that I was bothering her by talking nonsense, that her point was more reasonable than mine, and asked me what my problem was. This is in answer ..."

Yep

message 26: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany I forgot to mention that she used the f-word twice in her last message. I have never once cursed at her. Not once, but she thought I deserved such language, apparently.

message 27: by Lizzie (new)

Lizzie Stone I don't like swearing, I never swear. If anyone ever swore at me, personally, I would definitely flag them.

message 28: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany I never swear, either. I have never sworn in my life.

Apparently the person is done talking to me, because she just said this:
"Well, you keep flooding my inbox. Why is that?
I said bye a number of times already.
BYE-BYE!"
Let's see if she keeps her word this time.

message 29: by Lizzie (new)

Lizzie Stone yeah, hopefully, she does

message 30: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany I don't know; I'm afraid she'll somehow find some other way to be mean to me if I provoke her by flagging her, especially since she sent me that charming farewell I posted earlier. She hasn't sent me anything since, thank goodness.

message 31: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany I'll think about it. Thanks so much, and I'm sorry for unloading all my problems on you all. You were all so nice and understanding.

message 32: by Lizzie (new)

Lizzie Stone It's okay, there are some mean people out there that need to be dealt with

message 33: by laura, best person ever :P (last edited Jul 25, 2020 05:31PM) (new)

Tiffany wrote: "I don't know; I'm afraid she'll somehow find some other way to be mean to me if I provoke her by flagging her, especially since she sent me that charming farewell I posted earlier. She hasn't sent ..."

if she's still bothering you, you can just tell us who she is so we can ALL flag her :)

^if that's too mean then ignore it (i don't want to get kicked out🤞)

message 34: by laura, best person ever :P (last edited Jul 25, 2020 05:32PM) (new)

yeah i really hate it when people talk bad behind my back too :/

message 35: by Lizzie (new)

Lizzie Stone I don't think it is mean to stand up to the girl. I've had 'friends' not do anything in a conversation when someone was saying something bad about me. I'm so glad I don't have to deal with that anymore. I've had a 'friend' insult me on something I shared her, she wasn't nice to me about it at all.

message 36: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany This is her name:
☘Misericordia☘ ~ The Serendipity Aegis ~ ⚡ϟ⚡ϟ⚡⛈ ✺❂❤❣

message 37: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany Don't flag her, though, please. I'm not ready to deal with what she'd suspect if a bunch of random people flag her.

message 38: by laura, best person ever :P (last edited Jul 25, 2020 05:40PM) (new)

now that we are on the topic of "friends", i'm just gonna say that people like that don't deserve to be your friends. you will find someone better!

message 39: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany I have 16 decent friends already. They've never called me stupid or any of the other stuff this person said.
I'm always open to more, though, as long as they're not a bully.

message 40: by laura, best person ever :P (new)

aww i'll be happy to be your friend!

message 41: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany Sorry, that last one is to Laura.
Anika, I don't know if it counts as "a lot", but does it make any difference if I say that the first offensive thing she said, the thing I pointed out at first, had to do with gender?

message 42: by laura, best person ever :P (new)

woah apparently she's the:
#1 most followed
#1 best reviewers
#1 top librarians
#1 top readers
#1 top reviewers

message 43: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany I don't really want to go into detail with anyone, but I might private message you about it when I figure out how to articulate it.

message 44: by laura, best person ever :P (new)

idk check her page she has A LOT of friends

message 45: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany I don't care if she's the #1 most popular person in the world. All I know is that she's a #1 bully.

message 46: by laura, best person ever :P (new)

and she's a gr librarian?! how do you become one anyways??

message 47: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany What kind of problem do you mean?

message 48: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany (Sorry, my last comment was to Anika's saying we might have a problem on our hands. People are commenting so fast.)

message 49: by laura, best person ever :P (new)

Tiffany, you should probably ss the rude messages she sent in case she deletes them

message 50: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany I already knew how many followers she had; I saw her page too many times myself. That was one of the reasons I didn't want to flag her.

« previous 1 3