What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > YA: If anyone needs a gray sweatsuit and a buzzcut, it's Barbie

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Korin (new)

Korin Bradley | 3 comments I'm looking for a book I purchased from a school bookfair in the late 90s/early 2000s. It seemed to be published around that time.

General plot: A girl lives with her mom and dad. Mom is away (possible at work) leaving dad to take care of the house. He's a slob, the house is a disaster. Mom and dad had both encouraged the girl to be more "normal" so she decided to try in this new town. Becomes friends with a couple "popular" girls and constantly thinks about how stupid it is, thinking everyone should wear a grey sweatsuit and have a buzzcut so they won't be defined by clothes, looks, money, etc. Her friend comes to visit unannounced and is disgusted to see how dirty her house is. Girl explodes at her father, saying he was the one who wanted her to be this way and now he's ruined it all.

message 2: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 19622 comments Are these girls in middle school or high school?

Did it seem like a stand-alone book, or part of a series?

message 3: by Korin (new)

Korin Bradley | 3 comments I believe they were in high school and it was stand-alone