Fast readers book club discussion

Books we love and hate > Books that have disappointed

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by kirsty gray (new)

kirsty gray (kirstygray) | 145 comments Mod
Heres somewhere you can let us know about any books you have not liked and that have disappointed you.

message 2: by LaTasya (new)

LaTasya (lbooker1217) | 43 comments Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern was a colossal disappointment. One of my book clubs is reading it, and it is so dull. It has so much potential but the writing is dry.

message 3: by kirsty gray (new)

LaTasya wrote: "Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern was a colossal disappointment. One of my book clubs is reading it, and it is so dull. It has so much potential but the writing is dry."

Ohh i have this book but havent got round to reading it!! I might just leave it then lol!!!!

message 4: by Jill (new)

Jill (jill_rampacek) | 16 comments The Southern Book Club's Guide to Vampires was a let-down after so many people had recommended it. I thought a suburban, overly polite book club with a vampire in the neighborhood would be entertaining, but not so much. The characters were hard to relate to
and often it was just gory.

message 5: by kirsty gray (new)

Jill wrote: "The Southern Book Club's Guide to Vampires was a let-down after so many people had recommended it. I thought a suburban, overly polite book club with a vampire in the neighborhood would be entertai..."

Aww no i was really looking forward to reading that book!!!! Its been on my to read list for a while!!!

message 6: by Jill (new)

Jill (jill_rampacek) | 16 comments kirsty gray wrote: "Jill wrote: "The Southern Book Club's Guide to Vampires was a let-down after so many people had recommended it. I thought a suburban, overly polite book club with a vampire in the neighborhood woul..."

Go ahead and give it a try- you may like it. I tend to overly romanticize vampires and this vampire is sooooo not likable.

message 7: by Michele (new)

Michele Keys (michelekeys) LaTasya wrote: "Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern was a colossal disappointment. One of my book clubs is reading it, and it is so dull. It has so much potential but the writing is dry."

I had really looked forward to this one. I listened to the audio and just couldn't follow it. I may still try it in physical copy. It was an interesting premise.

message 8: by Kris10 (new)

Kris10 (kris10piston) | 42 comments In Five Years by Rebecca Serle: The ending really disappointed me. The whole book was gold until then- I am still upset about it. Has anyone read this one?

message 9: by kirsty gray (new)

Kristen wrote: "In Five Years by Rebecca Serle: The ending really disappointed me. The whole book was gold until then- I am still upset about it. Has anyone read this one?"

Ive not read it yet but i keep looking at it!! Ill read it asap and get back to you!! I hate when you read a good book then the ending doesnt live up to it!!!

message 10: by Kris10 (new)

Kris10 (kris10piston) | 42 comments YES! Let me know- It was a great concept and a beautiful story. I would have gave it 5/5 if it weren’t for the ending.

message 11: by kirsty gray (new)

Kristen wrote: "YES! Let me know- It was a great concept and a beautiful story. I would have gave it 5/5 if it weren’t for the ending."

i just finished it, i loved it and read the whole thing jn 1 day but i completely agree the ending was rubbish!!!!!

message 12: by Kris10 (new)

Kris10 (kris10piston) | 42 comments I know right! Very upsetting. I can’t believe she would do that to her friend! Is it safe to write spoilers here?

message 13: by Kris10 (new)

Kris10 (kris10piston) | 42 comments It had such great potential for a home run, but then it leaves you with a bad taste in mouth.

message 14: by kirsty gray (new)

Kristen wrote: "It had such great potential for a home run, but then it leaves you with a bad taste in mouth."
100% agree witb you, if not for the dodgy ending it would definitely have been a 5 star book imo

message 15: by Kris10 (new)

Kris10 (kris10piston) | 42 comments I agree! But that is what good book do - the excite emotion whether positive or negative.

message 16: by Kris10 (new)

Kris10 (kris10piston) | 42 comments I totally picture Dannie as Anne Hathaway.

message 17: by kirsty gray (new)

yep i agree its the books you dont really have anything to say about that disappear from your memory, books you have lots to say about both positive and negative tend to stay with you dont they

message 18: by Kris10 (new)

Kris10 (kris10piston) | 42 comments Indeed they do!

message 19: by kirsty gray (new)

Kristen wrote: "I totally picture Dannie as Anne Hathaway."

Yes i can see that too!! Or gwyneth paltrow