TW Book Club discussion

Sept and Oct books

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tracy (new)

Tracy Wendt (wendtastic) | 422 comments Mod
Hey guys. Our Oct book is The Testaments by Atwood. It's available in paperback starting Sept 1. You can preorder it on Amazon now fairly cheap. However, our September book, Dutch House, is not available in paperback until Jan 2021. I propose we move it to next year and pick a new book for Sept. What does everyone else think? If I'm the only one who wants to wait for paperback I will buck up and pay for hard cover :)

If you all agree we should swap Sept for a different book, please make suggestions on this thread.

message 2: by Chris (new)

Chris Evans | 140 comments I'm fine either way! I already bought it in hardcover.

message 3: by Jackie (new)

Jackie | 194 comments Ugh I forgot I need to read Handmaid's. I'm also good with the switch up but not sure I have much to suggest....

message 4: by Jackie (last edited Jul 23, 2020 06:44PM) (new)

Jackie | 194 comments I'm definitely going to read: The Radium Girls-Kate Moore, If You Tell- Gregg Olsen, This Tender Land-William Kent Krueger, American Dirt- Jeanine Cummins, and The Honey Bus-Meredith May

If any of these sound interesting to anyone else we can maybe add one of them

message 5: by Chris (new)

Chris Evans | 140 comments I have Pale Rider, Being Mortal, Kitchen Confidential, Fascism all on my to read list....am currently on And The Band Played On.

message 6: by Chris (new)

Chris Evans | 140 comments Prague Winter and Memo to the President are also on my list as are White Fragility and So You Want to Talk About Race. some of them are pretty heavy reading though...

message 7: by Tracy (new)

Let's talk about it on our call meeting tomorrow. I am fine keeping the list as planned. Just wanted to suggest the swap because I thought others had mentioned waiting for paperback on a different book.

message 8: by Sam (new)

Sam | 224 comments I've already read Dutch House (got a copy from the library) a few months ago so I'm fine either way. Yes let's chat on Zoom later this morning. My Spokane book club just read So you Want to Talk about Race and it was a good discussion.

message 9: by Tracy (new)

alright. between these posts and our meeting-call Sunday it sounds like we will just keep the reading lists as-is. works for me!!