Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > remove book from author profile

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kagan (new)

Kagan Tumer (kagan_tumer) | 11 comments Hello,

Can you please remove "Intelligent Engineering Systems Through Artificial Neural Networks, Volume 19: Computational Intelligence in Architecting Complex Engineering Systems" (isbn 0791802957) from my author profile?

I'm not an author to this conference proceedings but was one of the organizers.

thank you.

message 2: by Scott (new)

Scott | 22314 comments You are listed as an editor on the cover.

message 3: by Kagan (new)

Kagan Tumer (kagan_tumer) | 11 comments Yes, but this is a conference proceedings, so I don't want it to appear on my author page.

message 4: by Emily (new)

Emily | 14838 comments Kagan wrote: "Yes, but this is a conference proceedings, so I don't want it to appear on my author page."

While not a traditional book, it counts as a published work on Goodreads. I think readers will understand why it is there, given your background in the field.

message 5: by Kagan (new)

Kagan Tumer (kagan_tumer) | 11 comments Thanks, I understand. But these conference proceedings are a snapshot of the time. This one was a 2010 conference and was obsolete by 2012. Normally, they'd be out of print, but now they hang on.

As a science fiction writer, it's confusing, so I'd really prefer to not have it appear, if at all possible. This is a set of conference papers no one will ever buy or comment on at this point.

message 6: by Emily (last edited Jul 22, 2020 05:14PM) (new)

Emily | 14838 comments We cannot violate Goodreads policy and remove valid data, no matter how obscure it may be. I assure you that readers will probably not get confused.

message 7: by Kagan (new)

Kagan Tumer (kagan_tumer) | 11 comments Fair enough, thank you, I was hoping there was a difference between author and editor, but I guess not.