Homeschooled for life discussion

Your Homeschool life! > Typical questions you get as a homeschooler

Comments Showing 1-50 of 89 (89 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Helena (new)

Helena Henriques  (bluebellgirl) Post the typical questions you get as a homeschooler here!

message 2: by Helena (new)

Helena Henriques  (bluebellgirl) "How do you meet people?"

message 3: by Helena (new)

Helena Henriques  (bluebellgirl) "Can you work in your pajamas?"

message 4: by Helena (new)

Helena Henriques  (bluebellgirl) "Do you work and eat at the same time?"

message 5: by Helena (new)

Helena Henriques  (bluebellgirl) "How do you get grades?"

message 6: by Helena (new)

Helena Henriques  (bluebellgirl) "Who teaches you?"

message 7: by Ella (new)

Ella Ferris (eferris) | 105 comments Do it even socialize?
That one really annoys me.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

"Why aren't you at school, kid?!"

message 9: by Gwyneth (new)

Gwyneth Bare (gwenirelandb) "Can you sleep in EVERY DAY???"

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

"Why don't you go to regular school?"

message 11: by Jesse (new)

Jesse | 232 comments My Mum sends me to school because she wants me too have friends. Your Mum mustn't care.

message 12: by Jesse (new)

Jesse | 232 comments ƬΉӨMΛƧ (GΉӨƧƬ ΣΛGᄂΣ) wrote: ""Why aren't you at school, kid?!""
I get that one all the time!

message 13: by Helena (new)

Helena Henriques  (bluebellgirl) Jesse wrote: "My Mum sends me to school because she wants me too have friends. Your Mum mustn't care."

Now that I've never had. That sounds mean. Like, do y'all go to school just to make friends? Bet I'm not as distracted as you.

message 14: by Gwyneth (new)

Gwyneth Bare (gwenirelandb) ………?

message 15: by Jesse (new)

Jesse | 232 comments Helena wrote: "Jesse wrote: "My Mum sends me to school because she wants me too have friends. Your Mum mustn't care."

Now that I've never had. That sounds mean. Like, do y'all go to school just to make friends? ..."

IKR

message 16: by River 💙 (new)

River 💙 Not actually a question we get but I can tell people wonder if we socialize. The answer is yes my family is very social. We go to church,a homeschool program,do sports,and other activities

message 17: by Helena (new)

Helena Henriques  (bluebellgirl) Zachary hi! You can go to the welcome topic https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 18: by ClaraBelle (new)

ClaraBelle (elsiecorriedale) | 60 comments “Do you know how to socialize?”
“Does your mom really know how to teach you?”
“Do you stay in your pajamas all day?”
“Do you feel isolated and too sheltered?”

message 19: by ClaraBelle (new)

ClaraBelle (elsiecorriedale) | 60 comments Ella Ferris wrote: "Do it even socialize?
That one really annoys me."

Yes me too😫😠

message 20: by Elisabeth (new)

Elisabeth (the_world_through_catholiceyes) ClaraBelle wrote: "“Do you know how to socialize?”
“Do you feel isolated and too sheltered?”"

🙄🤣

message 21: by Elisabeth (new)

Elisabeth (the_world_through_catholiceyes) I haven't met many people who go to school, so I haven't gotten many. Though at a catholic summer school a boy said that all home schooled people were snobs 🤣
Of course he was immediately shouted down as over half the people were home schooled. 🤣

message 22: by Elisabeth (new)

Elisabeth (the_world_through_catholiceyes) ClaraBelle wrote: "“Do you know how to socialize?”

Lets answer these questions:
"Yes I do. better than you I'll warrant"
"Yes she does! and anyway my mother is not the only one who teaches me."
"No I get dressed as soon as I wake up including Saturdays and Sundays!"
"No! I don't!"

message 23: by Helena (new)

Helena Henriques  (bluebellgirl) ClaraBelle wrote: "“Do you know how to socialize?”

Let's answer these sarcastically...
"Nope! After school I lock myself in a closet till dinnertime!"
"Nope! My dog does!"
"Oh yeah, working in bed, is the coolest and most productive way."
"Sometimes I feel so isolated and too sheltered I imagine myself as an icicle or a Shetland pony."

message 24: by Elisabeth (new)

Elisabeth (the_world_through_catholiceyes) 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

message 25: by Helena (new)

Helena Henriques  (bluebellgirl) And those are all meant to be said in the most brightest, most matter of fact tone.

message 26: by Elisabeth (new)

Elisabeth (the_world_through_catholiceyes) 🤣

message 27: by Jesse (new)

Jesse | 232 comments Has anyone ever gotten: "You're lucky to be homeschooled."?

message 28: by Elisabeth (new)

Elisabeth (the_world_through_catholiceyes) Um... I don't think so

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

Jesse wrote: "Has anyone ever gotten: "You're lucky to be homeschooled."?"

Yup

message 30: by ClaraBelle (new)

ClaraBelle (elsiecorriedale) | 60 comments Jesse wrote: "Has anyone ever gotten: "You're lucky to be homeschooled."?"

Yes I have😫😊

message 31: by Helena (new)

Helena Henriques  (bluebellgirl) I have.

message 32: by Ella (new)

Ella Ferris (eferris) | 105 comments I have a lot actually.

Rose (AKA the crazy weird redhead) Or that moment when your chatting with someone who's being really friendly and then they ask what school you go too, and you say your homeschooled and all of a sudden their friendly switch has been turned off
(anybody else experience this??)

message 34: by ClaraBelle (new)

ClaraBelle (elsiecorriedale) | 60 comments Rose wrote: "Or that moment when your chatting with someone who's being really friendly and then they ask what school you go too, and you say your homeschooled and all of a sudden their friendly switch has been..."

Yes I experience this all the time, it’s kinda disconcerting and sad……

message 35: by Jesse (new)

Jesse | 232 comments Rose wrote: "Or that moment when your chatting with someone who's being really friendly and then they ask what school you go too, and you say your homeschooled and all of a sudden their friendly switch has been..."
Yeah, only once, though.

message 36: by Elisabeth (new)

Elisabeth (the_world_through_catholiceyes) Never, I have only known one person well who went to school, and I was 5 then:-)
Actually the only real experience I have with school kids was not a nice one at all.

message 37: by Helena (new)

Helena Henriques  (bluebellgirl) Rose wrote: "Or that moment when your chatting with someone who's being really friendly and then they ask what school you go too, and you say your homeschooled and all of a sudden their friendly switch has been..."

I haven't.

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

Helena wrote: "ClaraBelle wrote: "“Do you know how to socialize?”

Let's answer th..."

I want to use those now!!! Next time someone asks me if I feel sheltered I am totally going to tell them I imagine myself as an icicle sometimes!

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

Jesse wrote: "Has anyone ever gotten: "You're lucky to be homeschooled."?"

ALL THE TIME! Most of those come from bullied kids though.

message 40: by [deleted user] (last edited Oct 30, 2020 10:09PM) (new)

Rose wrote: "Or that moment when your chatting with someone who's being really friendly and then they ask what school you go too, and you say your homeschooled and all of a sudden their friendly switch has been..."

Yup. I was at a youth rally, and me and my friend were going back to grab something i left behind with this one guy driving us. So he started talking to me and he's all nice and everything. Then he's like " So where do you go to school?" I told him i was homeschooled. He immediately started ignoring me and turned to my friend Hannah. "What about you Hannah?" She politely said that she was also homeschooled and he went really quiet. He said next to nothing from then on.

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

"How does that even work?"

message 42: by Elisabeth (new)

Elisabeth (the_world_through_catholiceyes) So prejudiced.

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

One time i was with a friend and her friends (I didn't know them) and she asked what school I went to, and when I told her I was homeschooled she was like "I wish that I could do that! It sounds so nice! I would just have a pajama day everyday and stay in bed." Like really people we still get up and get ready for our day. We ACTUALLY do school, thank you very much

message 44: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (catqueen555) | 120 comments Do you ever go some where during a school day and someone’s like shouldn’t you be in school?

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

Olivia wrote: "Do you ever go some where during a school day and someone’s like shouldn’t you be in school?"

All the time lol. And I always forget until they say something.

message 46: by Helena (new)

Helena Henriques  (bluebellgirl) "Day off from school?"
Me: at the grocery store

message 47: by Elisabeth (new)

Elisabeth (the_world_through_catholiceyes) Yup, it is really annoying.

message 48: by Claire (new)

Claire I get a lot of questions, but the ones that reeeally bug me are the comments.
“If I was homeschooled, I would just sleep in all day and then do whatever I want.”
“You must be able to go on all sorts of vacations all the time.”
And then the COVID one that wants to make me scream:
“Oh I’m homeschooled too now! You know, i never thought homeschooling would be like this!”

message 49: by Charlotte (new)

Charlotte Fairbanks | 149 comments OMG SAMMEEE

Rowyn and Tristan (cosplayforlife) | 73 comments (This was said to me yesterday) "omg!! Homeschool is so HARD wow in the world did you DO it?????"

« previous 1