What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > YA novel about two brothers who are trying to get away from their abusive father when things take a turn for the worst and they get separated and in completely different states with almost no memory of how he got there

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anya (new)

Anya Adams | 2 comments book where there are two brothers and the older one starts talking to this girl and his father doesn't approve and they get into a physical fight and then he drives up into this mountain in an attempt to take them away from this girl. While they are still fighting the brothers fall off the side of the mountain and land in the river and get separated and the dad gets found by a bicyclist and is taken to the hospital. The younger brother gets found by a farmer who calls the police and when he is at the station he doesn't remember his name or where he is from except for the girls mom who he has called Debbie Sweet Cakes (because of a cake she made him). The older brother hit his head in the river and has amnesia, he cant remember anything except that he has been to Las Vegas. So he hops on a bus and heads to Las Vegas where he regains some of his memory and heads back to the town where he lives currently, while on the bus home he sees the girl he was talking to and then all of his memory comes back and he is reunited with his brother.

i read this book in 2016 and im desperate to find the name of it!

message 2: by Tina (new)

Tina (tinatome) | 28 comments You need to add details to the header. They will delete the thread if you don't have things like genre and some plot details.

message 3: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 19602 comments How old are these brothers? Are they in high school?

message 4: by Anya (new)

Anya Adams | 2 comments Rainbowheart wrote: "How old are these brothers? Are they in high school?"
one highschool and one younger, around 6-7ish i believe

message 5: by Joe (new)

Joe | 1 comments If I’m right the book you’re thinking about is “I’ll Be There” by Holly Goldberg Sloan

message 6: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 19602 comments I'll Be There for Joe's suggestion.