Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > I created a new Good Reads author by mistake

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Paula (last edited Jul 22, 2020 05:30AM) (new)

Paula Gouveia | 3 comments Hello my name is Paula Gouveia and I'm a Good Reads Author. I tried to manually add my fourth book "As aventuras de Analisa" but I took down the 2 spaces on my name and as a result the book is now credited to a new author with the same name as me. I want to claim it as my own but Good Reads says it's not possible since I already claimed my profile. Could you fix this mistake please? I'm so sorry for the inconvenience. Thank you for the attention. Best regards

message 2: by Suzi (new)

Suzi | 8667 comments Paula wrote: "Hello my name is Paula Gouveia and I'm a Good Reads Author. I tried to manually add my fourth book "As aventuras de Analisa" but I took down the 2 spaces on my name and as a result the book is now ..."

reviewing

message 3: by Suzi (new)

Suzi | 8667 comments Paula wrote: "Hello my name is Paula Gouveia and I'm a Good Reads Author. I tried to manually add my fourth book "As aventuras de Analisa" but I took down the 2 spaces on my name and as a result the book is now ..."

There were 3 profiles for the name Paula Gouveia.

I added a couple of stray works from them to your profile. If one is not yours, please advise.

Your profile has 3 spaces between your first and last name. It is how Goodreads separates authors of the same name. When you add a book, the 3 spaces are important. It is also helpful when you ask for librarian assistance to mention that, but this is not required.

message 4: by Paula (new)

Paula Gouveia | 3 comments Thank you so much for the assistance. I didn't know it was 3 spaces. "As palhinhas... no mundo das lendas" is not mine. Could you please remove it?

message 5: by Suzi (new)

Suzi | 8667 comments Paula wrote: "Thank you so much for the assistance. I didn't know it was 3 spaces. "As palhinhas... no mundo das lendas" is not mine. Could you please remove it?"

I will take care of it.

message 6: by Paula (new)

Paula Gouveia | 3 comments Thank you so much for your help. If I have any other problem in the future I will be checking this forum. Best regards