What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Secret Keeper
This topic is about The Secret Keeper
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Sisters return to their childhood home, their mother is close to passing away, one sister is mildly famous. [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kathryn (last edited Jul 22, 2020 12:04PM) (new)

Kathryn Theodosakis | 2 comments The Secret KeeperI read this book a few years ago, maybe 3-4. I think there are three sisters that have returned to their childhood home to prepare for their mother's passing, while she is staying in a nursing home. They begin going through her things and reminiscing. I think one sister is mildly famous and is rarely there, but is really just avoiding dealing with it. As they go through the house, they find clues that hint their mother is hiding something from her past. I think one sister stays at the house but I'm not positive.

I also feel like the setting is in Britain/England.

message 3: by Becca (last edited Jul 22, 2020 06:08AM) (new)

Becca (beccalikesbooks) | 2821 comments Were there lots of Shakespeare references? Your post reminded me of this post, to which the answer was The Weird Sisters by Eleanor Brown, although A Thousand Acres by Jane Smiley was also mentioned.

message 4: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn Theodosakis | 2 comments It's The Secret Keeper by Kate Morton! I found it upstairs and realized that was it! Thanks for the help :)

message 5: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 19600 comments Glad you found it!

Thanks for letting us know. :)