Unexpected Readathon Time / Books Out of the Blue discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Readathons & Events > Readathon #12: July 27th → 31st

Comments Showing 1-50 of 73 (73 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by destiny ♡ (new)

destiny ♡ howling libraries (howlinglibraries) | 312 comments Mod
Hello, everyone! :'D

It's time to announce another readathon! This one is going to start at 12:00AM (your time) Monday, July 27th and will end at 11:59PM (your time) Friday, July 31st. The challenges are...

🌺 read a book with less than 300 pages
🌺 read a book that has been on your TBR more than 2 years (or as close to that as possible!)

As usual, the challenges are totally optional, and if you can find a book that fits both prompts, you're more than welcome to double up! ♥

That's about it, lovelies — go ahead and post your TBR whenever you'd like, and I can't wait to get started on this next readathon round with you all!

message 3: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Ames-Foley (samesfoley) | 49 comments Wahoo! I'll post my TBR this weekend probably :)

message 5: by Runell (last edited Jul 30, 2020 10:46PM) (new)

Runell | 7 comments Yay! I've been waiting for another unexpected readathon!

1. Intercepted: (Currently Reading) 114/309
2. Daughter of the Burning City: (Oldest on the TBR) 0/384
3. Goddess in the Machine: (Currently Reading) Started on 106/400
4. The Roanoke Girls: (Under 300 pages) completed 279/279
5. The Highwayman: (Currently Reading) 0/356
6. Wundersmith: The Calling of Morrigan Crow: (Currently Reading) Started on 64/525
7. The Rogue of Fifth Avenue: (Currently Reading) Started on 53/382

message 6: by Bookqueen (new)

Bookqueen | 2 comments my tbr is...
the keeper of lost things by ruth hogan
and...
mist metal and ash by gwendolyn clare

message 7: by ailen (new)

ailen (ailenreads) | 1 comments I'm in! this is my TBR:
• book with less than 300 pages: complices by benito taibo and the tea dragon tapestry by katie o'neill
• book that has been on my TBR more than two years: unbelievable by sara shepard and the upside of unrequited by becky albertalli

all of them are light reads so I'm hoping I'll be able to read at least one more but we'll see

message 8: by lily (new)

lily (ofthevalley) | 2 comments i'm in! this is my loose tbr for now, but it could change!

The Black Tides of Heaven (Tensorate, #1) by J.Y. Yang Every Heart a Doorway (Wayward Children, #1) by Seanan McGuire

message 9: by Andi (new)

Andi | 1 comments I haven't read anything three months! I'm so down for this.

message 10: by ☀ Kat (new)

☀ Kat Nova ☀ (katvnova) | 10 comments Yess I'm so excited! my tbr (for now):

oldest:
Caraval (Caraval, #1) by Stephanie Garber

Under 300p:
Meet Cute Club (Sweet Rose #1) by Jack Harbon Lost Boy The True Story of Captain Hook by Christina Henry

NAT.orious reads ☾ (thevoiceofthewolf) | 5 comments Definitely in!

On my tbr for +2 years:>
The Book Thief by Markus Zusak

less than 300 pages
How to Argue With a Racist History, Science, Race and Reality by Adam Rutherford

message 12: by rachel ☾ (new)

rachel ☾ (typedtruths) i have been so inconsistent with these readathons! but i'm hoping to stick through the whole week this time haha. i kind of want to focus on knocking out a couple of sequels during the week but for the challenges:

on my tbr for 2+ years :

Far From You by Tess Sharpe
this is the oldest standalone on my goodreads tbr that i also own.

less than 300 pages

The Avant-Guards, Vol. 2 by Carly Usdin
this is the shortest book on my tbr at the moment

message 13: by rachel ☾ (new)

rachel ☾ (typedtruths) lily wrote: "i'm in! this is my loose tbr for now, but it could change!

The Black Tides of Heaven (Tensorate, #1) by J.Y. Yang Every Heart a Doorway (Wayward Children, #1) by Seanan McGuire"

every heart a doorway is one of my favourites book of all time! can't wait to see what you'll think of this one

message 14: by lily (new)

lily (ofthevalley) | 2 comments rachel ☾ wrote: "lily wrote: "i'm in! this is my loose tbr for now, but it could change!

The Black Tides of Heaven (Tensorate, #1) by J.Y. Yang Every Heart a Doorway (Wayward Children, #1) by Seanan McGuire"

every heart a doorway is one of ..."

oh, awesome! from what i've heard it sounds like that series will be right up my alley; i'm excited to finally dive in!

message 15: by Chrissie (new)

Chrissie | 1 comments I'm in - going to have a look at what would fit both prompts.

message 16: by Axel (new)

Axel | 56 comments I'm on vacation during this readathon so it will be fun! I'll post my list later.

message 17: by Stephie (last edited Jul 30, 2020 08:27AM) (new)

Stephie I'll be finishing for the less than 300 pages

Race After Technology Abolitionist Tools for the New Jim Code by Ruha Benjamin

and reading for a book over 2 years on my TBR

Dark Matter by Blake Crouch DONE!

I had a book pop into my TBR when I finally got it from the library holds. I completed Clap When You Land by Elizabeth Acevedo
It is AMAZING!

Finished:
2 books
772 pages

message 18: by Rita (last edited Jul 27, 2020 02:18AM) (new)

Rita (anarittafp) | 28 comments Wow, this is great timing as I start my vacations next week!

EDIT: Had to change up my TBR since I found out that Purple Hibiscus is perfect for a Newt's prompt, so I'll read it in August!

Read a book with less than 300 pages
I'm thinking maybe a graphic novel or a poetry collection, don't know yet.

Read a book that has been on your TBR more than 2 years
The Foxhole Court by Nora Sakavic or Wild Beauty by Anna-Marie McLemore

I also want to finish my current read: Not That Bad: Dispatches from Rape Culture edited by Roxane Gay

message 19: by len ☾ (new)

len ☾ (sleepyravenking) | 3 comments I haven’t participated in one of these in ages but I think it’s about time 😂 here’s my tbr:
Less than 300 pages: Witch Hat Atelier #4 (might change it)
On my tbr for 2 years: Warcross

message 20: by Nikki (new)

Nikki (thecatsm3ow) | 5 comments Debating between

Complicit by Stephanie Kuehn and Dead Girls Society by Michelle Krys

I will probably only have time to read one book so I am picking one that fits both prompts.

Justine (Milkz)  (milkz) | 17 comments Ahhh I love these readathons but man am I in a reading slump this year >

message 22: by hayley (new)

hayley For under 300 pages:
The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky

For a book that's been on my tbr for 2+ years:
Starfish by Tom and Nicola Ray

I'm hoping to read them both but if not then I'm positive that TPOBAW has been on my tbr for a good few years too.

message 23: by Lemmily (new)

Lemmily | 79 comments I’ll go through my books and post my TBR this weekend. Thanks!

message 24: by Mimi (new)

Mimi (didsomeonesayviolin) destiny ♡⚔♡ wrote: "Hello, everyone! :'D

It's time to announce another readathon! This one is going to start at 12:00AM (your time) Monday, July 27th and will end at 11:59PM (your time) Friday, July 31st. The challen..."

Hi! I hope I will able participate, but I have been in a huuuge depression slump for the last month or so, so no promises :)

message 25: by Olga (new)

Olga Zelenova | 44 comments I was on the fence about participating in this one, just because I have so much going on. But I heckin LOVE doing these, so I'm not missing it. I'm also not doing any reading at all this weekend to give my brain some chill time.

As for the challenges...I'm going to double up and pick books that fit BOTH challenges at once...

Lost Boy The True Story of Captain Hook by Christina Henry (0/292)
The Women in the Walls by Amy Lukavics (0/278)
The Djinn Falls in Love & Other Stories by Mahvesh Murad (0/284)
Mermaid A Twist on the Classic Tale by Carolyn Turgeon (0/258)
Midway Relics and Dying Breeds by Seanan McGuire (0/48)
The Scarecrow King by Jill Myles (0/212)

message 26: by Emma (new)

Emma | 13 comments I'm actually quite busy next week so I'm keeping my TBR small for now! I'm hoping to get a lot of reading done this weekend before the readathon starts. :)

So far, the books I'm planning on reading are To Be Taught, If Fortunate (Under 300 pages) + When the Sky Fell on Splendor (Has been on my TBR for close to two years)

message 27: by Glenda (new)

Glenda | 51 comments I'm in! I have several books that fit the prompts so I'm not sure which ones I'll pick yet. I also have a couple of ARCs I need to get to.

message 28: by Annmarie (new)

Annmarie B | 4 comments So I finally put my tbr list together:
300 or less pages- The Night We Said Yes
Been on my tbr for 2 yrs or more- Evermore
other books I hope to read - Fallen Vampire Academy

message 29: by Lakin (new)

Lakin Glaze (lakinglaze) | 9 comments I’m in! I want to finish Glass Sword and start the next book in the Red Queen series!!

message 30: by destiny ♡ (new)

I'm so glad you're all excited! ♥ I love seeing everyone's TBRs so much. Even if you're busy and only read one book, I'm still excited to see people participate! 🥰 I'll probably post my TBR tomorrow!

message 31: by Brandy (new)

Brandy Franklin | 2 comments Here is my TBR for this round! So excited to participate!

Less than 300 pages- Here We Are: Feminism a For The Real World (edited) by Kelly Jensen
On TBR more than 2 years- What A Mother Knows by Leslie Lehr

message 33: by Duskangelreads (last edited Jul 26, 2020 07:44AM) (new)

Duskangelreads | 28 comments TBR:

Serpent & Dove
Skyward (Audiobook)
Fence, Vol. 2 (Under 300 pages)

It's already 12:45am on the 27th for me and have just started Serpent & Dove! 28 pages in so far!

message 34: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Bria | 5 comments My TBR:

1.) Book with less than 300 pages:
For Every One By Jason Reynolds

2.) Book that has been on my TBR for over 2 years:
After the Funeral By Agatha Christie

message 35: by Glenda (new)

Glenda | 51 comments Well, I've somewhat narrowed down my TBR :)
I want to make progress or finish some current reads:
The House that Fell from the Sky by Patrick R. Delaney Cry, the Beloved Country by Alan Paton and Wither by Amy Miles
I also want to start A Waffle Lot of Murder (All-Day Breakfast Cafe Mystery #4) by Lena Gregory Boy's Life by Robert R. McCammon and/or The Ordinary Seaman by Francisco Goldman

I'll post my updates midweek and at the end.
Have fun!!

message 36: by Sam (new)

Sam (bookdog99) | 89 comments NICE another readathon!!! I don't know how much I'll be able to read, as I have a pretty busy week planned, but who knows!!!

TBR:

Shadow Scale

A Land of Permanent Goodbyes (Less than 300 pages)

Skeleton Crew

I don't think I'll get through all of these, but it'll still be fun!!!

message 37: by destiny ♡ (last edited Jul 28, 2020 06:38AM) (new)

It's almost 6hrs into the readathon for me, but I've been playing Sea of Thieves with my family and didn't realize I hadn't posted my TBR yet! 😅 I have an EXTREMELY ambitious goal for this readathon because I need to catch up on my "ARC limit" rules and some other goals before August 1st. So...

reading goals :
The Ghost Tree {currently reading}
The Only Good Indians {currently reading}
Pet {currently reading; less than 300pg}
Cinderella Is Dead {currently reading}
The Unsuitable {currently reading}
The Song Rising {currently reading; on TBR for 2+ yrs}
Illuminae {REREAD; currently reading}
The Last Olympian {REREAD; currently reading}
The Green Witch's Grimoire: Your Complete Guide to Creating Your Own Book of Natural Magic
Daphne Byrne
Wicked as Sin
Llewellyn's Little Book of Moon Spells
Laughing at Shadows
The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue

—————

completed reads :
The Wives

message 38: by Lemmily (new)

Lemmily | 79 comments Here are my challenge books

TBR is The Search by Nora Roberts
300 pages or less is Hotter Than Hades by Serena Akeroyd

I’ll add as I go lol.

message 39: by Jodie "Bookish" (last edited Jul 31, 2020 11:06AM) (new)

Jodie "Bookish"  Cook (jodiebookishcook) my TBR was Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and The Tombs of Atuan by Ursula K Le Guin.

* I have finished Good Omens and am halfway through The Tombs of Atuan so I will probably read book 3 and 4 as well during this readathon as they count for both prompts. All the books are less than 300 pages and the first 4 books have been on my TBR for over 2 years. *

*finished Tombs of Atuan - starting The Farthest Shore*

*finished the Farthest Shore - I am finishing off my re-read of Nevernight and then will hopefully be able to read Tehanu before the end of the month*

*finished Nevernight just Tehanu to read before the end of the month*

*DNF'd Tehanu at 30% didn't like it at all - highly recommend the original Earthsea trilogy they were amazing*

*I read Damsel by Elana K Arnold*

Total number of pages read: 1300 (50 pages is from Tehanu which I didn't finish)

message 40: by Justine (Milkz) (last edited Jul 30, 2020 06:01AM) (new)

Justine (Milkz)  (milkz) | 17 comments Ok, still in a huge slump this year, but here are some books I'm thinking about reading

Current Read Gideon the Ninth (Starting 104/444) ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Less than 300 pages Burning Roses
Less than 300 pages Vigilance
2 Years on TBR The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms
Beach Read

Gideon the Ninth (The Locked Tomb, #1) by Tamsyn Muir Burning Roses by S.L. Huang Vigilance by Robert Jackson Bennett Beach Read by Emily Henry

> Pages Read <
Monday: 106
Tuesday: 114
Wednesday 120 (1 book)

message 41: by Annmarie (new)

Annmarie B | 4 comments Currently reading The Night We Said Yes and I’m more than half way done. How’s everyone else doing with their reading?

message 42: by ☀ Kat (last edited Jul 27, 2020 07:40PM) (new)

☀ Kat Nova ☀ (katvnova) | 10 comments First dayy here we goo!

The First Sister by Linden A. Lewis (Current read - 44%)
Meet Cute Club (Sweet Rose #1) by Jack Harbon (<300)
Lost Boy The True Story of Captain Hook by Christina Henry (<300)
Caraval (Caraval, #1) by Stephanie Garber (might read, oldest)

Grace, Queen of Crows and Tomes | 14 comments First day, and I forgot to post a TBR! But that’s fine cause I normally don’t stick to it. I finished two books and two short stories today:

1. The Pilgrim’s Progress by John Bunyan-134 pages
2. The Crucible by Arthur Miller-143 pages
3. What Men Live By by Leo Tolstoy-24 pages
4. Three Questions by Leo Tolstoy-5 pages

Total pages= 306
Total works= 4

I think I’m in a classics mood so next I’m reading The Phantom of the Opera and hoping to make progress on The Bone Witch. Good luck to everyone!

message 44: by Duskangelreads (last edited Jul 28, 2020 05:45AM) (new)

Duskangelreads | 28 comments Day 1 Progress!

Serpent & Dove: 56 pages
Skyward: 20 pages

Total: 76 pages

Monday is the day when I don’t have time to get anything done so that’s actually pretty good progress for a Monday. 😂

message 45: by Annmarie (new)

Annmarie B | 4 comments Day 1 update: 250 pages
172- The Night We Said Yes
30- The Sound of Stars
48-Big Friendships

message 46: by Lemmily (new)

Lemmily | 79 comments Monday July 27

The Search by Nora Roberts - 168 pages
Hotter Than Hades by Serena Akero - 31 pages

message 47: by Rita (last edited Jul 28, 2020 02:23AM) (new)

Rita (anarittafp) | 28 comments Day 1 update:

67 pages of Not That Bad: Dispatches from Rape Culture edited by Roxane Gay
-> Finished

TOTAL SO FAR:
pages:
books: 1

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to finish "Not that Bad" on Sunday, so I finished it yesterday. Hope it counts as book finished during the readathon lol

Today I'm not feeling my TBR, so I think I'm going to deviate from it and pick up a re-read....

message 48: by destiny ♡ (new)

I forgot to post an update, but for Day 1, I finished The Wives! So far for Day 2 I've read about 20-25% of The Ghost Tree but I'm about to try and log off all games & internet for a few hours to make some progress! 😂

message 49: by Axel (new)

Axel | 56 comments Busy personal life, so not much reading. Ended up reading 24 pages of The Complicated Life of an Immortal and 13 pages of Cradle: Foundation these first 2 days.

Grace, Queen of Crows and Tomes | 14 comments I totally failed today 😂 I read 8 pages of The Phantom of the Opera and 26 pages of A Song for Ella Grey.

Total pages= 340
Total works= 4

Hopefully I’ll have more done tomorrow 😄

« previous 1
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.