Holy knife(Peace Talks)

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Darkcain11, Merlin (new) - rated it 5 stars

Darkcain11 | 324 comments Mod
The knife Harry stole in Skin Game

message 2: by Darkcain11, Merlin (new) - rated it 5 stars

The knife Alfred said harry needed in peace talks. My thoughts on its effects are it brings victory to whoever holds it. It will be a battle of wills between Harry and the Titan.
In Skin Game, Harry was getting whooped for a majority of the book. Until he acquired the knife after that he beat Asher, Uriel, and Nicodemus.

Christian | 148 comments When did he fight uriel? And beating Nicodemus, I would question as well. The only one outright beating Nicodemus was Butters.

message 4: by Darkcain11, Merlin (new) - rated it 5 stars

I meant Ursiel in the Genoskwa.

Vicki | 3 comments That's an interesting theory. I did think when he said about imprisoning her that yes he has a strong will, but can it really take on the last Titan? My theory was that it would take the White (or maybe just the Grey) counsel coming together as one to lend their will to Harry. Maybe the knife will facilitate this as well as helping with the binding itself

message 6: by Darkcain11, Merlin (last edited Jul 22, 2020 04:12AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Let's think about the weapons for a minute.
The placard is the sign where christ died by the spear. That's why I think it creates a territory of the user's choice.
The crown was used in torture. I believe removes effects or spells or makes a person negate such things maybe.
The Shroud I would assume will heal the user. I was always surprised that Harry didn't offer the OG shroud to Marcone in skin game to balance things. After the end of Death Masks, I think Marcone would have appreciated it.
The knife is the end of spear. It was used to kill Christ. So I figure it gives victory to the beholder. If you re-read skin game. Harry when he has the knife in his cast goes off. Low diffs Asher/Lash and defeats the Genoskwa after getting manhandled by him earlier.
I believe the grail will bring about the apocalypse trilogy in the 20th book. Nicodemus will kill an innocent unmaking the grail.
I'm far from perfect on religious lore. So Please give your thoughts on the weapons

Caryl Huffstetler | 90 comments Vicki wrote: "That's an interesting theory. I did think when he said about imprisoning her that yes he has a strong will, but can it really take on the last Titan? My theory was that it would take the White (or ..."

Maybe the combined wills of Harry's mortal allies will be enough to tip the scale. I mean, c'mon, Murphy's will alone would be steel and Michael's or Sanya's or even Butters'... There ARE two - count them - 2 Knights of the Sword in town just in time for this big brouhaha. That would explain the plurals in the loss column in the Christmas Eve short story, too.

Christian | 148 comments Having two knights of the cross in town makes me even wonder, if butcher has something else up his sleeve.

Caryl Huffstetler | 90 comments Christian wrote: "Having two knights of the cross in town makes me even wonder, if butcher has something else up his sleeve."

So many things going on; mmmm, could be.

Christian | 148 comments Just imagine Nicodemus popping up in a book not divisible by 5.

message 11: by Darkcain11, Merlin (new) - rated it 5 stars

the genoskwa might have that ability though liver spots did

message 12: by Monica, White Council (new) - rated it 5 stars

Monica T. Rodriguez (monicatrodriguez) | 374 comments Mod
I did think it was a bit outrageous that Harry thought he could pit his will against a Titan and win. He's so out of his weight class he's not even using the same scale. At the very least the rest of the Council would have to lend their strength to help him.

But then you raise the idea of this weapon being more than just a weapon. So many possibilities.

60 days and counting!