2022 Reading Challenge discussion

ARCHIVE 2020 > Irma reads ONE Non-fiction per month

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Irma (new)

Irma Alam (irmaalam) | 145 comments I enjoy Fantasy a lot but feel the need to expand my genres to include non-fiction. This is my attempt to read atleast one non-fiction book a month for the rest of 2020.

message 2: by Irma (new)

Irma Alam (irmaalam) | 145 comments July 2020: The 80/20 Principle by Robert Koch

message 3: by Ilona, Global Moderator (last edited Jul 29, 2020 06:27AM) (new)

Ilona | 4118 comments Best of luck, Irma! What kind of topics are you interested in?

message 4: by Irma (new)

Irma Alam (irmaalam) | 145 comments I am interested in psychology/neuroscience, personal development or history. The 80/20 principle is a bit hard for me to comprehend especially the corporate part. I got through the part where the book talks about applying 80/20 rule to personal life. That's the point of non-fiction I guess. Getting out of one's comfort zone.

message 5: by Martha (new)

Martha | 57 comments Hey there Irma, I really like your name!

I also enjoy reading non-fiction a lot. I quickly looked up some of my favorite non-fiction books, but sadly they're all in German with no english translation - so I am afraid they're not accessible.

A book that's non-fiction and about personal developtment I really enjoyed was The Rules Do Not Apply by Ariel Levy.

I hope you have a nice day, Martha :)

message 6: by Irma (new)

Irma Alam (irmaalam) | 145 comments Hey Martha! Thanks for the suggestion! Will add that to by TBR.

When I was younger someone told me my name is German and I even tried learning the language on Duolingo so that I can realise my dream of moving to Germany. It's never too late I guess!

message 7: by Irma (new)

Irma Alam (irmaalam) | 145 comments August 2020:
📘Factfulness: Ten Reasons We're Wrong About the World--and Why Things Are Better Than You Think
✍️By Anna Rosling Rönnlund, Hans Rosling, and Ola Rosling

Read awesome reviews and hope to enjoy this read. Waiting to have by mind blown and my outlook on life altered by the end of this!

message 8: by Irma (new)

Irma Alam (irmaalam) | 145 comments #1 80/20 principle : July 2020 ✅
#2 Factfulness: August 2020 ✅

#3 Becoming : August 2020
#4 Sapiens : August 2020

message 9: by Saumya (last edited Aug 26, 2020 03:24AM) (new)

Saumya (saumya412) | 45 comments Irma wrote: "I am interested in psychology/neuroscience, personal development or history. The 80/20 principle is a bit hard for me to comprehend especially the corporate part. I got through the part where the b..."

All the best Irma! You can try reading Man's Search for Meaning by Viktor E. Frankl :)