Mental Health Bookclub discussion

Valley of the Dolls
This topic is about Valley of the Dolls
2020 Group reads MH Fiction > August fiction- Addictions: Valley of the Dolls

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Di (new) - rated it 4 stars

Di | 366 comments Mod
In August our fiction group read is Valley of the Dolls by Jacqueline Susann. You chose this via poll (results here).

Description:
Dolls: red or black; capsules or tablets; washed down with vodka or swallowed straight-for Anne, Neely, and Jennifer, it doesn't matter, as long as the pill bottle is within easy reach. These three women become best friends when they are young and struggling in New York City and then climb to the top of the entertainment industry-only to find that there is no place left to go but down-into the Valley of the Dolls.

Please use this thread to post questions and comments at any time.

message 2: by F (new) - rated it 4 stars

F | 3 comments Cant wait to start reading this! It has been on my TBR for years

RM(Alwaysdaddygirl) (alwaydaddygirl) | 543 comments Mod
F wrote: "Cant wait to start reading this! It has been on my TBR for years"

Aloha,

I hope all is well. Have you had a change to get started, please?

Mahalo,
RM
🇺🇸🦋🐼💀

Aloha All,

I hope everyone is well. I have been running on fumes and relaying more and more in caffeine. It has caught up with me. I am behind again with so much. Life can be worst. Tis why I been absent again.

How are folks liking this book? I read this book before I join Goodreads Era. THIS weekend I will find my copy of this.

Mahalo,
RM
🦋🐼💀🇺🇸

message 5: by Di (new) - rated it 4 stars

Di | 366 comments Mod
I read it in 2017. Really enjoyed it, the characters were very intriguing. The only reason I didn't give it full 5 stars, is because I didn't like with whom one of the characters ended up with romantically :D

message 6: by F (new) - rated it 4 stars

F | 3 comments i finished this in 2 days. Loved it. Some of the writing is very outdated though! Really enjoyed reading this.

Di wrote: "I read it in 2017. Really enjoyed it, the characters were very intriguing. The only reason I didn't give it full 5 stars, is because I didn't like with whom one of the characters ended up with roma..."

At least your honest. Lol. Hope all is good.🤗💐

message 8: by RM(Alwaysdaddygirl) (last edited Aug 27, 2020 06:47PM) (new)

F wrote: "i finished this in 2 days. Loved it. Some of the writing is very outdated though! Really enjoyed reading this."

May I ask what you love about it, please? You don’t have to respond if you don’t want too. Mahalo for contributing! It means a lot to us when anyone responds. We all know life can get busy.

Mahalo,
RM
🐼🇺🇸💀🦋

Aloha,

This is open all year. How are others liking this book or not liking it?
I did not find my copy. I still plan of finding it and rereading this.

Mahalo,
RM
🦋🐼💀🇺🇸

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Valley of the Dolls (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Jacqueline Susann (other topics)