The Royal Masquerade discussion

Talesworth Fortress > Entrance Hall/Outer Courtyard

Comments Showing 1-50 of 71 (71 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Hayden (new)

Hayden (the_dinohead) | 1016 comments Mod
Here's the entrance/courtyard.

Here are some pictures for reference:

https://images.app.goo.gl/t9cUqNv21rb...
https://images.app.goo.gl/Fk1BnLLHv16...

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Anassa, the Elven Heir, rode into the courtyard, followed by an entourage of guards. Her lady-in-waiting dismounted first, curtsying, and Anassa dismounted. Her guards bowed in unison.

Abby {On Hiatus For A Few Weeks Or Months} (yourclassicintrovertbooknerd) | 1218 comments Kolvar perked up as his Royal Carrige stopped in front of the entrance gates of Talesworth Fortress.

"Well that took forever." A female voice from behind him spoke dully.

"Oh come on Al!" Kolvar turned to look at his best friend, Alvina, who sat beside him.

"You wouldn't rather be stuck at home with Mom and Dad, right?!" He teased.

"Well- Your Mom is awesome, but your Dad is honestly unbearable." She rolled her eyes. "Just get out!" She shoved him playfully out of the carriage door.

"Ok! Ok!" He laughed, waiting for Al to get out after him and for the carriage to drive away before walking into the entrance hall.

message 4: by Hayden (new)

Princess Athena and her parents, King Quaren and Queen Farrah, exited the main doors in a dramatic entrance. Behind each royal was their personal servants. Their butler, George, walked down the stairs. "Your Highness," He bowed, offering is arm.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Anassa stopped in front of the stairs, her entourage following suit. Her lady-in-waiting curtsied again, and her guards bowed to the Meldina royals. "Your Highnesses," Anassa greeted, her voice clear and confident.

message 6: by Hayden (new)

Athena perked up. She did a small bow to her parents and walked down the stairs with purposed, passing her butler George and the Elven Heir Anassa, stopping momentarily to bow and say hello to her. She reached the bottom of the stairs and her face broke out into a huge smile. "I'm so glad you guys could make it!" She exclaimed, going in for a hug but retreating a few seconds later, knowing her parents were watching.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

(is she talking to Kolven?)

message 8: by Hayden (new)

((my computer is lagging so I'm responding a little slower))

King Quaren and Queen Farrah bowed. "Welcome, Princess Anassa. Thank you for joining us." The Queen smiled. "How is your family?"

Abby {On Hiatus For A Few Weeks Or Months} (yourclassicintrovertbooknerd) | 1218 comments ((It's Kolvar, and no, I'm waiting until you guys are done))

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

"Well, Your Highness," Anassa said, sweeping a curtsy. "It'll be a few more decades before Father and Mother really start aging," she said with a smile.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

(ack sorry)

message 12: by Hayden (new)

AspiringAuthor wrote: "(is she talking to Kolven?)"

((Yeah. I think the two would be friends, or at least would hang out during boring dinners and stuff, if that's ok))

Abby {On Hiatus For A Few Weeks Or Months} (yourclassicintrovertbooknerd) | 1218 comments (Oh lol, they can totally be friends, didn't realize she was talking to him))

message 14: by Hayden (new)

AspiringAuthor wrote: ""Well, Your Highness," Anassa said, sweeping a curtsy. "It'll be a few more decades before Father and Mother really start aging," she said with a smile."

"Indeed," the Queen laughed. "Come my dear, stand with us as we welcome the others."

Abby {On Hiatus For A Few Weeks Or Months} (yourclassicintrovertbooknerd) | 1218 comments Kolvar smiled at her, glancing at the King and Queen of Meldina before reaching out and briefly hugging Athena.

"It's great to see you again." He stepped back and bowed.

"You remember my friend, Alvina. She's accompanying me for your birthday this year." He gestured to the girl that stood behind him.

"Your Majesty." Al curtsied, then stood up straight.

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Anassa smiled and stood by the Queen, waving a hand at her guards. They left to take care of the horses and attend to the guest quarters. Deva remained, standing slightly behind Anassa.

message 17: by Hayden (new)

Abby wrote: "Kolvar smiled at her, glancing at the King and Queen of Meldina before reaching out and briefly hugging Athena.

"It's great to see you again." He stepped back and bowed.

"You remember my friend, ..."

"Yes of course! Welcome!" Athena curtsied again.

"You're going to love it here! The lake, if you remember from my party, is open anytime to us, and there's a secret cave which I have to show you, ooh and so many secret passages in the castle."

Athena got a mischievous glint in her eye. "Carlos and I will have to show you them. He's the expert, but he let's me tag along." She waved at the curly haired boy standing behind her parents. He smiled and waved back.

message 18: by Hayden (new)

"Kolvar and Alvina, if you remember, this is Anassa, the Elven Heir. Anassa, this is Kolvar and Alvina." Athena introduced them when they reached the top of the stairs.

message 19: by Abby {On Hiatus For A Few Weeks Or Months} (last edited Jul 21, 2020 08:56AM) (new)

Abby {On Hiatus For A Few Weeks Or Months} (yourclassicintrovertbooknerd) | 1218 comments Kolvar grinned and waved at the boy.

"That sounds awesome!"

"Your parents don't know about it, right?!" He whispered.

Both Kolvar and Alvina shared the mischievous glint in their eyes as Athena.

message 21: by Abby {On Hiatus For A Few Weeks Or Months} (last edited Jul 21, 2020 08:58AM) (new)

Abby {On Hiatus For A Few Weeks Or Months} (yourclassicintrovertbooknerd) | 1218 comments "A beautiful name." He bowed to the princess.

"Prince Kolvar, of the Aranel." He introduced himself politely.

Alvina stepped up behind Kolvar and curtsied quietly.

message 22: by Hayden (new)

Abby wrote: "Kolvar grinned and waved at the boy.

"That sounds awesome!"

"Your parents don't know about it, right?!" He whispered.

Both Kolvar and Alvina shared the mischievous glint in their eyes as Athena."

"Nope," She whispered as all three of them went to stand on top of the stair.

message 23: by Hayden (new)

((if no more royals show up I think we'll just head to like the dining hall or something))

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

Anassa swept another curtsy to Kolvar. "An honor to meet you, Prince," she said, giving him a court smile. Deva bowed with her.

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

(probably should)

message 26: by Hayden (new)

AspiringAuthor wrote: "(probably should)"

((Yeah))

message 28: by Abby {On Hiatus For A Few Weeks Or Months} (last edited Jul 21, 2020 09:04AM) (new)

Abby {On Hiatus For A Few Weeks Or Months} (yourclassicintrovertbooknerd) | 1218 comments "Your a Dark Elf?" He guessed. "I don't know of your Kingdom, but you certainly share similarities of one side of my family."

message 29: by Hayden (new)

The regal group stood and met a few more royal guests before the King spoke up.

"Welcome!" He bellowed, "Thank you all for joining us! Since this is to be your home for the next few months, please feel free to explore. The servants and staff will help you if you've lost your way. Dinner will be served in the dining hall at 7! Now go, enjoy!"

Off the royal heirs went.

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

(Rose's character is already inside, technically?)

message 31: by Hayden (new)

((I'm going to go eat breakfast real quick and I'll be back later))

Abby {On Hiatus For A Few Weeks Or Months} (yourclassicintrovertbooknerd) | 1218 comments ((Oof, just pretend he asked that after the announcement))

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

Abby wrote: ""Your a Dark Elf?" He guessed. "I don't know of your Kingdom, but you certainly share similarities of one side of my family.""

Anassa nodded. "Half-elf?" she asked, looking at him. Her eyesight was sharper than human senses - it was easier to tell.

Abby {On Hiatus For A Few Weeks Or Months} (yourclassicintrovertbooknerd) | 1218 comments "Yes, my Mother is an Elf. Where do you come from?!" He asked curiously.

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

"Rajaine. The Dark Elves kingdom," Anassa replied.

Abby {On Hiatus For A Few Weeks Or Months} (yourclassicintrovertbooknerd) | 1218 comments "Haven't heard of it. What's it like?!"

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

"Well, it's a forest kingdom," Anassa explained. "The palace is built from obsidian in the heart of the forest, surrounded by the oldest trees. We try to leave as much of the building as possible to nature, so we can see the sky and stars every night." She smiled, a genuine smile. "They call it the Elven Kingdom, but we really host all kinds of creatures. Deva is a shadow-wraith," she said, gesturing at her friend and handmaiden. "Outsiders call it dark, but that's only because we like the night time. And we're a fairly isolated people, which is why I was sent here, to forge new alliances."

message 39: by Abby {On Hiatus For A Few Weeks Or Months} (last edited Jul 21, 2020 09:23AM) (new)

Abby {On Hiatus For A Few Weeks Or Months} (yourclassicintrovertbooknerd) | 1218 comments "It sounds amazing." Kolvar smiled.

"And I'm sure you won't have any trouble forming an alliance with Meldina. The King and Queen are some of the best, and you seem to have hit it off with them extremely well. Unlike myself." He chuckled and rubbed his neck..

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

"It is beautiful," Anassa laughed. "What did you do to offend the King and Queen?"

message 41: by Abby {On Hiatus For A Few Weeks Or Months} (last edited Jul 21, 2020 09:37AM) (new)

Abby {On Hiatus For A Few Weeks Or Months} (yourclassicintrovertbooknerd) | 1218 comments "I didn't exactly offend them." He shrugged. "When I was 7 and we were visiting for the first time, Athena and I dumped ice cream on their heads as a prank." He tried to stop himself from snickering.

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

"That...still sounds offensive," Anassa shook her head, smiling. "I thought your kingdoms were still close allies? You and the Princess Athena certainly seem like it." She turned, indicating that they should go into the palace after the King and Queen.

Abby {On Hiatus For A Few Weeks Or Months} (yourclassicintrovertbooknerd) | 1218 comments He nodded and started walking down the hall.

"We are close allies." Kolvar shrugged. "They didn't take much offense to it, and instead it sort of helped us become closer, after they saw what good friends Athena and I were. However, 2 years later my father started making me attend peace meetings and all of that boring stuff." He rolled his eyes.

"Not that it isn't important, I just don't understand why there has to be one every month." He sighed wearily.

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

"Every month? You mortals and your lifespans," Anassa said, laughing quietly. "We have them every decade or so. I've only attended two." She lifted the hem of her trailing purple gown as she walked up the stairs.

message 45: by Abby {On Hiatus For A Few Weeks Or Months} (last edited Jul 21, 2020 09:47AM) (new)

Abby {On Hiatus For A Few Weeks Or Months} (yourclassicintrovertbooknerd) | 1218 comments "That would've been awesome, then I would only have had to go to one." He laughed lightly.

When they reached the top of the stairs, he turned and waited for Alvina to step up next to him.

"Do you have any mountains where you live?" He turned back to Anassa.

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

"No. Hills, sometimes, where the fortresses are, but the only mountains are on the border," Anassa shook her head.

Abby {On Hiatus For A Few Weeks Or Months} (yourclassicintrovertbooknerd) | 1218 comments ((Alright, I gtg vacuum, I'll try and respond as quickly as possible))

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

(bye)

message 49: by Abby {On Hiatus For A Few Weeks Or Months} (last edited Jul 21, 2020 10:07AM) (new)

Abby {On Hiatus For A Few Weeks Or Months} (yourclassicintrovertbooknerd) | 1218 comments "You should visit my kingdom sometime. We live on the face of these massive mountains, and then we have a few villages in the valley below. But the sunrises and sunsets are beautiful if you look at the from the roof of my home." He sighed dreamily.

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

"That sounds gorgeous," Anassa said, smiling. "I think I could convince my parents to let me travel. For diplomatic reasons, of course," she added. Deva chuckled quietly, following her.

« previous 1