Judy Bolton Fans discussion

#19: Secret of the Musical Tree > Book Discussion Begins on Monday, August 3rd ... (WAS Monday, July 27th)

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by William (new)

William Land (williamland) | 1252 comments Mod
The book discussion for "The Secret of the Musical Tree" will begin on Monday, July 27, 2020.

message 2: by Roni (new)

Roni Denholtz | 20 comments Thank you so much for posting these WIlliam!
Roni Denholtz

message 3: by Rebekah (new)

Rebekah (rebroxanna) | 631 comments Looking forward to this one, Bill! I know it's your fave, so we'll be expecting lots of insights! Just kidding, No pressure.

message 4: by Beverly (new)

Beverly | 1057 comments William wrote: "The book discussion for "The Secret of the Musical Tree" will begin on Monday, July 27, 2020."

Looking forward to Christmas in July.

message 5: by Faye (new)

Faye Kisker | 408 comments I posted just about the same message as Beverly about Christmas in July, but mine never showed up.

message 6: by Beverly (new)

Beverly | 1057 comments Faye wrote: "I posted just about the same message as Beverly about Christmas in July, but mine never showed up."

Of course we think alike, Faye.

message 7: by William (new)

Originally I had hoped to begin the book discussion for "The Secret of Musical Tree" on Monday, July 27th and that some of you are looking forward to Christmas in July.

Let's change it to Christmas in August instead and begin the discussion on Monday, August 3rd. The reason? There has been a lot of stress for me lately and today I feel like my head is going to explode. :-) (An aside: my stresses aren't anything life threatening for me, but they are life changing and I still need to process some of what is happening).

I thought if I gave myself another week before posting I could better devote time to Judy Bolton fans.

I have received on list and off list message from fans thanking me for posting the summaries. It isn't a lot of work and it is a pleasure to be discussing this wonderful series with like-minded people. I am willing to continue this and hope we can get through the entire series.

Of course, if anyone would like to post summaries for any title instead of me, I am willing to step down for another person who is interested in leading a discussion. Just let us know on list!

message 8: by Rachelle (new)

Rachelle | 74 comments Mod
You lost your aunt, so I am sure that would put a lot of stress on you. Thanks to the virus, enumeration has to be done outside of homes and it has been hot. I took off two days do to a car needed to be fixed, so I am trying to reduce my overload of e-mails and find I am not getting far.

message 9: by William (new)

Thanks, Rae, for your kind words. Yes, even though the passing of my aunt was expected, it has been a very hard two week for me (the week before I learned she didn't have long to live; and when she died last Saturday).

I am so glad that she is no longer in pain and that I had her in my life for so long. I feel the loss keenly, but I'm trying to function and return to whatever normal is this year. One thing that will help is continued posting of Judy Bolton book summaries for discussion.

Sometimes life is incredibly challenging.