Schlafly Global Book Discussion Group discussion

Freshwater - Awkaeke Emezi

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Looking forward to talking about this challenging novel with you all this Thursday. The Zoom link is below:

https://us02web.zoom.us/s/81107312045...

message 2: by Lucy (new)

Lucy (lucy47) | 146 comments Travis, I didn't manage to get to SC to pick up a copy of this bk before my Michigan trip, and have been too cheap to buy the Kindle or audio version. But I am reading [glowing] reviews & commentary. If no one minds my lurking, I will sit in tonight and enjoy hearing what the others say about it, surely the most unusual book our group has tackled.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

No, please join. The plot really isn't the most discussable part of this book. I think you'll absolutely be able to contribute!

message 4: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 7 comments Lucy, I’ll be glad if you join in! “See” you tonight.

message 5: by Readridinghood (new)

Readridinghood | 54 comments Hi Everyone. I also will be sitting in the discussion without I have been going through a difficult time. I downloaded zoom and look forward to hearing thoughts about this months selection.

message 6: by Readridinghood (new)

Readridinghood | 54 comments Hi Travis. I have downloaded zoom
And clicked on the linc. Nothing happened.

message 7: by Anne (new)

Anne | 85 comments Sorry I missed you all Thursday—I pulled a muscle in my neck and shoulder and couldn’t move! I’m feeling better and finished listening to the book today. It was a tough read at times but such a well-executed and vivid depiction of “battling with inner demons.” And how those “demons” often come from a place of offering protection. The end with the priest made me think of Fleabag. Great pick.