Teen Book Club discussion

Book Recommendations > Recommendations

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi, I need help with some new books for 2021, so please recommend any book on here or even on a pm. And if you wish for a recommendation them pm for one, give me your favorite genres and I'll get one for you lickity split!

message 2: by Kara (new)

Kara | 44 comments Interference by Kay Honeyman was a good romance with a little political stuff involved idk how to explain it I’m sorry

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

thanks Kara but I'm not much of a romance fan, I'll check out it though.

message 4: by Kara (new)

Kara | 44 comments Np what kind of books are you into cause maybe I have one I can suggest?

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

I love science fiction stories, mainly dystopian future books but I'm open to all Sci-Fi
I enjoy page turning Mysteries and Thrillers too but my main focus is YA novels and series

message 6: by Ari (new)

Ari (manilabread) | 69 comments Hey! I haven't read a lot of sci-fi but there's this book called A Thousand Pieces of You by Claudia Gray which is pretty great. Check it out if you're interested in parallel universes and stuff like that

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Thanks ari I will!

message 8: by Kara (new)

Kara | 44 comments Ik it’s for a 8-12 year old age range but the moon base alpha trilogy by Stuart Gibbs is really good! I suggest reading the description online I don’t wanna spoil anything just in case 😅

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Ok thanks kara i’ll check it out!

message 10: by Ari (new)

Ari (manilabread) | 69 comments Hey! I found another rec for you. It's called Scythe. It's a dystopian book about a world with immortal people and there's a group of assasins(?) who kill people to maintain balance. I'm not sure if you'd be interested in something like that but it's one of my favourite books

Maya {Hurt me with the truth, but never comfort me with a lie} Oooh!!! The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer is really, really good!!!!!

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Hey ari I've heard of scythe and it sounds good too but thanks for the suggestion, and Maya I looooove reading the lunar chronicles I started the series in March but I had to stop due to lockdown and I lost track of it.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

thanks kashvi!

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

sure!

message 16: by Kara (new)

Kara | 44 comments If you enjoy Percy Jackson you should read the hero’s of Olympus series they are both connected!

message 17: by Amelie (new)

Amelie Some books I’d recommend include:
Harry Potter series
Renegades trilogy
The Magisterium series
Wolves of The Beyond series
Ruby Redfort series
We Were Liars
Before I Fall
Red Queen series

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Maybe, if you haven't already:
Maze Runner
Hunger Games
Heartless
The Giver
Infinity Ring

message 19: by azure。*☾ (last edited Jul 28, 2020 07:29AM) (new)

azure。*☾  (azure_dust) Legend series by Marie Lu! It is absolutely amazing, and one of the best dystopias out there. I love June and Day so much, and it's brimming with the best action.

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

thanks all for your reccomendations! I have added ones that interested me to my reading list and those I didn't add I'm sorry my library didn't have them or I didn't get intrigued by them.

message 21: by marzzzzz (new)

marzzzzz I recommend:
Heartless - Marissa Meyer (Fantasy)
Renegades Trilogy - Marissa Meyer (Fantasy/kinda Dystopian)
A Good Girl's Guide To Murder (Crime/murder mystery)
The Chaos of Standing Still (Realistic Fiction)

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

Thanks for the recommendations i did add A Good Girl’s Guide to Murder and i will add renegades series soon!

message 23: by Alicia (new)

Alicia | 56 comments Some YA thriller/mystery recommendation is the “Stalking Jack the Ripper series”. It’s historical fiction about a girl called Audrey Rose, and she works and studies secretly on forensic with his uncle. I really liked the first two books (are the ones I’ve read). Also, there’s a romance subplot I love.