dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Will (new) - added it

Will Written response 2 by Will Blaikie
Title: The Hunger Games
Author:
Genre: Drama/Action
Rating out of 10: 9

Why did I decide to read this book?
I have watched the movies before and really liked them. So i decided to read the book. I thought that since the movies were so incredible, the book would be the same. Which it was.

Why I liked it (or didn’t like it) and my favourite quote and why.
I really liked this book because it was extremely similar to the movie. It was extremely intense and I couldn’t stop reading. It put you on the edge of your seat and you really felt it when a character died.

My favourite quote is “Destroying things is much easier than making them.” I liked this quote because it made me think about the current state of the world, especially in America.

Something new i learned from the book/The book made me think differently about.
This book made me think about how the richer countries take advantage of the poor by using up all their resources. In the book this was in district 12 the coal mines. It also made me think about all the poverty in the world and how some countries take advantage of others.

A character or setting in this book that was interesting to me (and why).
A character I found interesting in this book is Katniss Everdeen. She shows that an underdog can do anything and shows a sheer determination to protect the people she loves. A setting I found interesting in this setting is how one countries got split into all of the 12 districts. I also found it interesting how there is so much difference between district 1 and district 12

Ojas Wow! Will, this is amazing!