FLASHLIGHT READERS discussion

SO... > So...Unpopular Book opinions on Popular Books?

Comments Showing 1-34 of 34 (34 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amelie (new)

Amelie | 1106 comments What unpopular book opinions on popular books do you guys have?

I personally disliked the first book in the Throne of Glass series and The Hunger Games series, and ended up giving up on both series after the first book. Still not sure if I should try A Court of Thorns and Roses, since I really didn’t like Throne of Glass. I also didn’t enjoy The Handmaid’s Tale, which is quite popular too.

message 2: by Kaitlyn (new)

Kaitlyn (kaitlynreadskaitlyn) | 70 comments I know most people like a court of thorns and roses better but I haven’t read them so I don’t know

message 3: by Minal (new)

Minal | 472 comments I too didn’t like Twilight

Amanda Artist Cat (amandawholovesbooks) Unpopular opinion on Percy Jackson: I hate it...

message 5: by Amna (new)

Amna (iamnaa) | 340 comments I hated last book of Hunger Games and first book of Magnus Chase

message 6: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lizaland) | 82 comments I didn't like the Mistborn! The magic system of the world was just not for me!

message 7: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lizaland) | 82 comments Minal wrote: "I too didn’t like Twilight"

If you liked Twilight, that would be the unpopular opinion 😂!
No one likes Twilight anymore, so your opinion is popular!

message 8: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lizaland) | 82 comments Amelie wrote: "What unpopular book opinions on popular books do you guys have?

I personally disliked the first book in the Throne of Glass series and The Hunger Games series, and ended up giving up on both serie..."

If you didnt click with Sarah J. Mass's books, then you probably won't like ACOTAR!
You either love Sarah J. Mass like crazy or you hate it. There's no in between!

message 9: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarahakhtar) I read ACOTAR series because everyone recommended me but it didn't live upto my expectations. Still for some reason I'm going to read it's spin-off

message 10: by Amelie (new)

Amelie | 1106 comments I might give ACOTAR a miss then, I’ll have to see how I go! :)

Amanda Artist Cat (amandawholovesbooks) I hate A Court of Thorns and Roses!!! It's downright STUPID! The main character Feyre is rude grumpy and ungrateful and her love interest (whose name I forgot) was an utter bully, so I'm not chuffed. But that's just me, maybe you'll like it 😊!

message 12: by Amelie (new)

Amelie | 1106 comments Maybe, I strongly disliked Throne of Glass so it’s possible I may have a similar opinion with ACOTAR.

message 13: by Amna (new)

Amna (iamnaa) | 340 comments I loved Red Queen at first, but by the end of series I started to hate it. Author utterly failed to keep up the good plot in later books.

message 14: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lizaland) | 82 comments Amna wrote: "I loved Red Queen at first, but by the end of series I started to hate it. Author utterly failed to keep up the good plot in later books."

Same! I liked Red Queen but then the second book was kinda dissapointing so i just stopped torturing myself and didn't read anymore.

message 15: by Amna (new)

Amna (iamnaa) | 340 comments You have taken a good decision. The last book was so boring.

message 16: by Amelie (new)

Amelie | 1106 comments Lisa wrote: "Amna wrote: "I loved Red Queen at first, but by the end of series I started to hate it. Author utterly failed to keep up the good plot in later books."

Same! I liked Red Queen but then the second ..."

I agree that things went downhill after the first book. Also, Maven’s obsession with Mare was so unhealthy and creepy.

message 17: by Amelie (new)

Amelie | 1106 comments Harmony wrote: "Has anybody in here read Everything, Everything? Because I really want to rant with someone about how stupid it is."

I’ve read it and I thought it was okay. The plot was a little boring though, and the ending annoyed me. The whole story was like: girl is sick and can’t leave home, girl meets boy, girl falls in love, girl goes on a holiday, girl never was sick in the first place and her mum lied, girl refuses to forgive her mum, and girl runs off with boy, the end.

Maja (The Moonlight Reader) (majalovesreading) | 89 comments That has now deterred me from reading that book 📖

message 19: by Amelie (new)

Amelie | 1106 comments Oh ok 😂. It’s a romance novel, so if you’re not really into that genre you may not enjoy it. But those were just my thoughts on the book. 😂

Amanda Artist Cat (amandawholovesbooks) Harmony wrote: "Has anybody in here read Everything, Everything? Because I really want to rant with someone about how stupid it is."

Yeeeessss! It's STUPID! I'm so cross at the ending!!! It started great, but the ending AHHHHH....!

message 21: by human (last edited Jul 21, 2020 08:15PM) (new)

human (that0nefangirl) Amanda (Artist Cat) wrote: "Harmony wrote: "Has anybody in here read Everything, Everything? Because I really want to rant with someone about how stupid it is."

Yeeeessss! It's STUPID! I'm so cross at the ending!!! It starte..."

Same, it was good but then the ending was so rushed and horrible. But you know what I hated even more? The Sun is Also A Star. I hate that one with a passion.

Also Divergent. The whole trilogy. Grrrr...

message 22: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lizaland) | 82 comments I liked Divergent and Insurgent. But Allegiant was a totallllll disappointment!

message 23: by Amelie (new)

Amelie | 1106 comments Yes, the ending of Allegiant annoyed me, and I really did not like the extra epilogue: We Can Be Mended.

Amanda Artist Cat (amandawholovesbooks) I hate City of Bones! When I read it I kept thinking "Oh pur-lease!"
That whole "I'm your father" thing makes me make exactly the same face as this emoji: 😒. Or this: 🙄.
Sorry if I sounded grumpy and sulky, I just am very very very picky with my books! 😹

message 25: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lizaland) | 82 comments Omg that's the fact why I stopped reading that whole Shadowhunters chronicles.
And now I feel like I'm the only one who hasn't read Cassandra Clare's books and everytime she comes out with a new book and people love, I feel soooo bad! But I'm also scared to start her books again coz there's sooo many books!

Amanda Artist Cat (amandawholovesbooks) I don't like her writing style at all, so I'm not reading any more of her books! 😹

message 27: by Amna (new)

Amna (iamnaa) | 340 comments I haven't tried her books yet. Now I love myself for not doing it !!!!!

message 28: by Srujan, Bibliophile (new)

Srujan (srujanreads) | 1320 comments Mod
Minal wrote: "I too didn’t like Twilight"

I really feel luck I removed the thought of reading this book😂

message 29: by Maryam (new)

Maryam  (maryamhisham) | 323 comments Amelie wrote: "Maybe, I strongly disliked Throne of Glass so it’s possible I may have a similar opinion with ACOTAR."

I was thinking of trying it but I'm glad I read this before!

message 30: by Hazel (new)

Hazel (hazeluriel) | 78 comments I wrote a review on Godsgrave that totally was not a popular opinion. https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

Amanda Artist Cat (amandawholovesbooks) Adela wrote: "My unpopular opinion is that I didn't like Six Of Crows."

WHAAAAAT?? 🙀🙀🙀
I'm not saying you're wrong but I love love LOVE Six of Crows!!!! 😹
(Sorry, I tend to get overexcited when chatting about bookish opinions xD )

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

Amanda (Artist Cat) wrote: "I hate City of Bones! When I read it I kept thinking "Oh pur-lease!"
That whole "I'm your father" thing makes me make exactly the same face as this emoji: 😒. Or this: 🙄.
Sorry if I sounded grumpy a..."

yesssssss
no offense to all the Shadowhunters fans, since almost all of my friends are anyway, but...
PLEASE PLEASE GET THIS TRASH AWAY FROM ME.

message 33: by Amanda Artist Cat (last edited Aug 10, 2020 07:34AM) (new)

Amanda Artist Cat (amandawholovesbooks) @AspiringAuthor I agree 100%! No offence fans, sorry, I have odd tastes! 😹

Amanda Artist Cat (amandawholovesbooks) I dislike the (view spoiler), it was so stupid!! It kind of ruined the whole book for me... 😓