Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

ARCHIVES: CHALLENGES > Pick Me A Winner: August 2020

Comments Showing 1-36 of 36 (36 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ☆☆Hannah☆☆, The Book Junkie (new)

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 7285 comments Duration: August 1- 31

Partners will be picked on the same day!

Guidelines for this challenge:
* Create a "shelf" for your partner to choose from before the challenge begins
* You choose 3 books from your partners shelf for your partner to read
* Your partner picks three from your shelf for you to read
*After you read your book come back and post to let your partner know when you are done and what you thought of the book (no pressure, it can be just one sentence)

**** The challenge is to read one book from your shelf that your partner chose. You do not have to read all three! (It's just to give a choice) ****

Please sign up below and post a link to your shelf for your partner to choose from!

message 2: by ☆☆Hannah☆☆, The Book Junkie (last edited Jul 31, 2020 09:25PM) (new)

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 7285 comments Participants:

Sarah Nichole
Sarah
Cynthia
Michelle
Carrie
Sophie
PreePree
Leah
HeatherH
Hannah

message 3: by ☆☆Hannah☆☆, The Book Junkie (last edited Jul 31, 2020 09:25PM) (new)

message 4: by Sarah Nichole (last edited Jul 19, 2020 01:28PM) (new)

message 11: by Leah (last edited Jul 31, 2020 08:46PM) (new)

message 13: by ☆☆Hannah☆☆, The Book Junkie (new)

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 7285 comments Partners have been picked! See post #3.

message 14: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 1680 comments My Partner is Carrie:

Banned Book Club by Kim Hyun Sook Never Seduce a Scot (The Montgomerys and Armstrongs, #1) by Maya Banks White Night (The Dresden Files, #9) by Jim Butcher

message 15: by HeatherH (new)

HeatherH (bkwrm85) | 157 comments For Sarah Nicole:
The Two Lives of Lydia Bird by Josie Silver Children of Blood and Bone (Legacy of Orïsha, #1) by Tomi Adeyemi The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah

message 16: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 229 comments My partner is PreePree and I am choosing:

The Silent Patient by Alex Michaelides because it's an interesting, fast read.

Residue (Residue, #1) by Laury Falter because it's been on your shelf the longest.

Twell and the Army of Powers (The Como Chronicles, #1) by Kate O'Leary because it's the highest rated.

Hope one's a winner!

message 17: by Sarah Nichole (new)

Sarah Nichole | 141 comments My partner is HeatherH:

My Lady Jane (The Lady Janies, #1) by Cynthia Hand Girl, Serpent, Thorn by Melissa Bashardoust Talking as Fast as I Can From Gilmore Girls to Gilmore Girls (and Everything in Between) by Lauren Graham

You picked me some really good ones Heather idk how to decide!! Lol. Hope you enjoy your picks too!

message 18: by Sophie (new)

Sophie My partner is Cynthia! I pick:

Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty Strange the Dreamer (Strange the Dreamer, #1) by Laini Taylor The Winner's Curse (The Winner's Trilogy, #1) by Marie Rutkoski

message 19: by Carrie (new)

Carrie  (icanhasbooks) | 155 comments Michelle wrote: "My Partner is Carrie:

Banned Book Club by Kim Hyun Sook Never Seduce a Scot (The Montgomerys and Armstrongs, #1) by Maya Banks White Night (The Dresden Files, #9) by Jim Butcher"

Thank you

For you:

Justice for Sara by Erica Spindler The Toll (Arc of a Scythe, #3) by Neal Shusterman Need by Joelle Charbonneau

Happy Reading

message 20: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 1680 comments Carrie wrote: "Michelle wrote: "My Partner is Carrie:

Banned Book Club by Kim Hyun Sook Never Seduce a Scot (The Montgomerys and Armstrongs, #1) by Maya Banks White Night (The Dresden Files, #9) by Jim Butcher"

Thank you

For you:

Would you be able to choose a different one. The Toll is not out till November. I got ahead of myself..oops.

Thanks!

[bookcover:Justice for Sa..."

message 21: by HeatherH (new)

HeatherH (bkwrm85) | 157 comments Sarah Nichole wrote: "My partner is HeatherH:

My Lady Jane (The Lady Janies, #1) by Cynthia HandGirl, Serpent, Thorn by Melissa BashardoustTalking as Fast as I Can From Gilmore Girls to Gilmore Girls (and Everything in Between) by Lauren Graham

You picked me ..."

Love these picks!!! I think I'll be going with Girl, Serpent, Thorn.. Or My Lady Jane - one is audio and one ebook so maybe both >.<

And I'm glad I made your decision hard lol, I love having too many good options! I read Two Lives and Children and both were five star reads for me! Nightingale is on my list for this month!

message 22: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia | 6111 comments My partner is Sophie and for her I pick:

1. The Midnight Library by Matt Haig ... I've never seen or heard of it before but the title and cover art caught my eye.

2. The Kingdom of Back by Marie Lu ... because I really want to read it too.

3. The Restaurant at the End of the Universe (Hitchhiker's Guide, #2) by Douglas Adams ... because it is the shortest on your list and continues a series.

Happy reading!

message 23: by Sarah Nichole (last edited Aug 15, 2020 10:49AM) (new)

Sarah Nichole | 141 comments HeatherH wrote: "Sarah Nichole wrote: "My partner is HeatherH:

My Lady Jane (The Lady Janies, #1) by Cynthia HandGirl, Serpent, Thorn by Melissa Bashardoust[bookcover:Talking as Fast as I Can: From Gilmore Girls to Gilmore Girls|404..."

Girl, Serpent, Thorn is coming in my BOTM box this month but I’m not sure when so I didn’t have it on my list. My Lady Jane had me cracking up though literally laughing out loud.

I think I’m going to read Two Lives because I’ve been feeling contemporary...I’m excited!

message 24: by HeatherH (new)

HeatherH (bkwrm85) | 157 comments Sarah Nichole wrote: "HeatherH wrote: "Sarah Nichole wrote: "My partner is HeatherH:

My Lady Jane (The Lady Janies, #1) by Cynthia HandGirl, Serpent, Thorn by Melissa Bashardoust[bookcover:Talking as Fast as I Can: From Gilmore Girls to ..."

I hope you enjoy it like I did!!!

message 25: by Leah (new)

Leah | 2677 comments My partner is Hannah, and I choose:
That Second Chance (Getting Lucky, #1) by Meghan Quinn The (Secret) Baby by Leddy Harper Crave (The Gibson Boys, #3) by Adriana Locke

message 26: by ☆☆Hannah☆☆, The Book Junkie (new)

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 7285 comments My partner is Leah and I pick:

1.) Saving Sandcastles (Lobster Bay Book 1) by Meredith Summers

2.) Game of Dog Bones (A Melanie Travis Mystery Book 25) by Laurien Berenson

3.) An Amish Picnic Four Stories by Amy Clipston

message 27: by Carrie (new)

Carrie  (icanhasbooks) | 155 comments Michelle wrote: "Carrie wrote: "Michelle wrote: "My Partner is Carrie:

Thank you

For you:

Would you ..."

Sure thing, how about: Stray (Shifters, #1) by Rachel Vincent

message 28: by PreePree (last edited Aug 03, 2020 12:37PM) (new)

PreePree | 478 comments My partner is Sarah. I will pick books with low ratings from your list. I am curious to see if you will like them :

The Ship by Antonia Honeywell Sip by Brian Allen Carr Sam & Ilsa's Last Hurrah by Rachel Cohn

message 29: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 1680 comments Carrie wrote: "Michelle wrote: "Carrie wrote: "Michelle wrote: "My Partner is Carrie:

Thank you

For..."

Thanks..

message 30: by PreePree (new)

PreePree | 478 comments Sarah wrote: "My partner is PreePree and I am choosing:

The Silent Patient by Alex Michaelides because it's an interesting, fast read.

Residue (Residue, #1) by Laury Falter because it's been on your shelf the longest...."

I read Residue (Residue, #1) by Laury Falter . I gave it 2 stars.

message 31: by Sarah Nichole (new)

Sarah Nichole | 141 comments I just completed The Two Lives of Lydia Bird and oh my goodness that was an emotional roller coaster. I rated it 5 stars and absolutely adored it!

The Two Lives of Lydia Bird by Josie Silver

message 32: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 229 comments I finished The Ship by Antonia Honeywell today. I'm glad I got it off my TBR shelf but yeah 2 stars. Just long, and sad, and didn't really like or connect with any of the characters.

message 33: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia | 6111 comments Is there going to be a September PMaW?

message 34: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia | 6111 comments Update: I started reading Big Little Lies and like it so far but know I won't finish the book before midnight. Thank you for the good pick :)

message 35: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 1680 comments Completion Post

Justice for Sara by Erica Spindler

Book - Justice for Sara
Author - Erica Spindler
Date - 9/2/20
Rating - 4 Stars

Review - Funny story..I listened to this on audio. The narrator is Tavia Gilbert. She is the same one who narrates The Night Huntress Books. What was funny is that the character's name in Justice for Sara was Kat, the same name in The Night Huntress Books. In the beginning I was a little confused everytime she said Kat. I was waiting for something supernatural to happen and when it didn't I got confused for a minute. I'm like, crap, wrong book. Anyways, it was an interesting mystery thriller. The twist was easily guessable, but the story was well written.

message 36: by ☆☆Hannah☆☆, The Book Junkie (new)

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 7285 comments Cynthia wrote: "Is there going to be a September PMaW?"

No. But I'm getting ready to set everything for October.