Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Dangerous Love: Transforming Fear and Conflict at Home, at Work, and in the World
This topic is about Dangerous Love
Book Issues > Someone else has claimed authorship of my book

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chad (new)

Chad Ford | 2 comments Someone has claimed the authorship of my book Dangerous Love by Chad Ford. As I am the actual author, how do I get control of the author page to my book?

message 2: by Suzi (new)

Suzi | 8667 comments Chad wrote: "Someone has claimed the authorship of my book Dangerous Love by Chad Ford. As I am the actual author, how do I get control of the author page to my book?"

1. Goodreads disambiguates between authors of the same name by using spaces between the author's first and last name.

2. When publications are automatically imported from Amazon or other sources, the "handshake' between Goodreads and the other source do not recognize multiple spaces, so the work goes to the default 1 space profile.

3. The book appearing under another author's profile is neither deliberate nor malicious.

message 3: by Chad (new)

Chad Ford | 2 comments Thank you. So how do I claim
Authorship of this book?

message 4: by Michael (new)

Michael Clarke (michaelsclarke) | 4 comments I have the same problem and interested in how to resolve this.

message 5: by Suzi (new)

Suzi | 8667 comments Michael wrote: "I have the same problem and interested in how to resolve this."

please provide a link to the edition or editions in question

message 6: by Michael (new)

Michael Clarke (michaelsclarke) | 4 comments https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/5...

It should be Michael S. Clarke. From what I am reading this may have been done automatically.

This is my profile, but my picture isn't coming up so something may be wrong with this as well. https://www.goodreads.com/author/show...

message 7: by Michael (new)

Michael Clarke (michaelsclarke) | 4 comments It says that I am pending approval for claiming my author profile.

message 8: by Michael (new)

Michael Clarke (michaelsclarke) | 4 comments I think I have it sorted. My profile name needed to be the same as the author name on the book. I needed to create two author profiles, one for each spelling of my name.