Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Book Issues > Description glitch

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Hugo (new)

Hugo (hugo_nebula) | 731 comments Hi.

Librarian here - I've been adding specific Descriptions to the early Pan Books of Horror this morning, and run up against an issue with Volume Eight, where I'm being told:

2 errors prohibited this book from being saved:
Description may only include links to other pages on Goodreads
Description may only include links to other pages on Goodreads

There are no links in my Description, as follows:

Within these pages dwell secret dread, foul darkness, inward horror, hideous fear...
The Children... Lover's Leap... Sugar and Spice... The Benefactor... Suitable Applicant...
Innocent seeming titles, yet they mask some of the most fearful happenings devised in the human imagination.
Be warned, for here the sorcery of words practice their black arts in twenty spell-binding tales of terror.
To make a mockery of sleep, Gerald Kersh, Raymond Williams, Ray Bradbury, A.G.J. Rough and many others conjure stories of evil that encompass Cannibalism, Sorocide, Voodooism, Murder, Head-Shrinking, Demonology, The Supernatural, and worse... much, much worse.

Am I missing something, or is this just a glitch in the Matrix?

message 2: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 25163 comments Its the A.G.J. the database is assuming its a web link. Been happening for about 2 weeks or so now. :(

Just remove the periods and it should be all good.

message 3: by Suzi (new)

Suzi | 8667 comments Hugo wrote: "Hi.

Librarian here - I've been adding specific Descriptions to the early Pan Books of Horror this morning, and run up against an issue with Volume Eight, where I'm being told:

2 errors prohibited..."

Feel free to contact support regarding this issue, as it is a site functionality issue, and Librarians have not control over it.

You can use this link: https://www.goodreads.com/about/conta...

message 4: by Hugo (new)

Hugo (hugo_nebula) | 731 comments Sandra wrote: "Its the A.G.J. the database is assuming its a web link. Been happening for about 2 weeks or so now. :( Just remove the periods and it should be all good."

Fantastic, Sandra - thank you. I'd never have noticed that.

message 5: by Hugo (new)

Hugo (hugo_nebula) | 731 comments Suzi wrote: "Feel free to contact support regarding this issue, as it is a site functionality issue, and Librarians have not control over it."

Good idea, Suzi - I'll do that. Thanks.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.