Around the World in 80 Books discussion

ATW in 80 Books World Challenge > Simon’s Historical Fiction “Trip Around the World” 2020

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Simon (last edited Jul 19, 2020 07:13PM) (new)

Simon Hi All,

My favorite genre is historical fiction so have decided to attempt a historical fiction “trip around the world”.

Below are the countries I’ve been to and the corresponding book that matches that country:

Russia: The Romanov Empress: A Novel of Tsarina Maria Feodorovna

Italy: Oil and Marble: A Novel of Leonardo and Michelangelo

New Zealand: The Parihaka Woman

Australia: Jewel Sea

Austria: The Last Train to London

Germany: The German Midwife

Poland: The Dollmaker of Krakow

India: The Henna Artist

France: Mademoiselle Chanel

Monaco: Meet Me in Monaco

Iceland: Burial Rites

United States (North/South Carolina):

North Carolina: The Moonshiner's Daughter: A Southern Coming-Of-Age Saga of Family and Loyalty

South Carolina: The Indigo Girl

Ireland: The Irishman's Daughter

message 2: by Rosemarie (new)

Rosemarie | 3211 comments This looks like it's going to be fun for you-it's a cool idea for a challenge.

message 3: by Simon (new)

Simon Hi Rosemarie,

I started this back in March with my new Kobo due to the pandemic. Thought it would really be something I could do to pass the time since no one’s sure how long this will last for.

Right now, I am in England with “The Queen’s Secret: A Novel of England’s WWII Queen” by Karen Harper.

message 4: by Rosemarie (new)

Rosemarie | 3211 comments Happy book travels!

message 5: by Simon (new)

Simon Rosemarie wrote: "Happy book travels!"

Thank you! I see my trip is very different lol from other people's on here, as I am doing historical fiction only, and others are doing books from any genre from various countries.

message 6: by Simon (new)

Simon Hey all,

Forgot to update my "Trip around the world" via historical fiction since last time.

Since my last post on July 19, 2020, I finished my trip to England with The Queen's Secret: A Novel of England's World War II Queen. I've gone back to Renaissance Italy with Raphael, Painter in Rome by Stephanie Storey.