What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Adult Horror/Mystery. HR guy starts new job for an mysterious evil character who finds oil for a oil company

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Madaj (last edited Jul 21, 2020 04:23AM) (new)

Madaj | 3 comments Book read around 1989.

It's a horror/mystery novel fiction about a guy who gets employed by a mysterious character, some sort of powerful man. He's taken to his house, some sort of dracula-like castle in the middle of a lake or similar (I think a ride on helicopter and a boat on dark waters at night is described).

He eventually finds his new employer is some sort of "top consultant" for a powerful oil company which makes his money by pointing the company to geographical locations where oil can be found by using some sort of powers/black-magic/evil ways to find oil reserves world wide.

At some point I think he finds out this "evil new boss" tortures people that he probably keeps locked in the basement of his "castle" by driving needles through victims testicles and he's actually some sort of demon/vampire/monster.

Sorry, can't recall much more.

[on hiatus] The rockabilly werewolf from Mars | 1527 comments Was this hardcover or paperback? And do you remember anything about the cover?

message 3: by Madaj (last edited Jul 19, 2020 08:52PM) (new)

Madaj | 3 comments It was paperback and a BIG part of why I don't remember the title is that ... well, I don't think I ever knew it because the book was lent to me by a friend for a few days to read and it was missing the cover and the first couple of pages so that it "started" in exactly page one.... I'm pretty sure the title had to also be in the spine, but I can't remember even seeing it.

It was in english and the person that lent it to me was irish, in case this helps somehow.

The back cover/spine as far as I remember was the usual black color with a sypnosys of the story but I can't recall any pictures/drawings.

message 4: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35348 comments Mod
Added the genre "adult horror/mystery" to the topic header.

message 5: by Madaj (new)

Madaj | 3 comments Bumping just in case someone knows what this was. Thanks.

message 6: by [on hiatus] The rockabilly werewolf from Mars (last edited May 17, 2021 07:10PM) (new)

[on hiatus] The rockabilly werewolf from Mars | 1527 comments Pretty sure this is Sepulchre

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Sepulchre (other topics)