What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Perloo the Bold
This topic is about Perloo the Bold
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Fantasy, Bildungsroman, Animals, War - The book centers around a recluse young rabbit/hare who gets swept up in a impending war between a rabbit kingdom and a wolve kingdom. Spoilers. [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dyllan (last edited Jul 19, 2020 03:00AM) (new) - added it

Dyllan Soares (dyllansoares) | 2 comments This is a very long shot, but here were go.
The book in question was read to me and my brother in 2005, l in the 6th grade, below is all we can remember:

The main character was very sleepy and hermit like in the opening of the book, just sleeping in a hole all the time, he some how gets involved in a conflict that is about to start between the wolves and rabbits gets captured/winds up in a wolves camp about 1/2 - 1/3 of the way through the book, and befriends the leader of the wolves. I recall their was a sluggish/shadowy wormtongue (Lord of the Rings) type advisor who takes over the rabbit kingdom for a time, at one point, makes everybody stay home and posts guards at all there homes. The protagonist manages to prevent a bloody battle from happening, rejects taking the thrown and goes back to his hole, instead of accepting the crown, and the book end +/- how it started

My brother remembers the main character was shocked to find out leader of the rabbits made him successor because they talked like once. But leader impressed and left it in will or something
The Son(?) of leader mad at this, and plots to have the hermit killed(?)
Somehow he finds himself in wolf people camp and is surprised to learn they follow the same teachings of bird prophet and they ain't that diff.

I believe the son of the king - after his dad dies - conspires with the advisor to take out the hermit. While the protagonist is with the wolves, and the son of the dead rabbit leader is out prepping for war, the advisor takes advantage of the situation to come take power for a short while

The only discrepancies between us that he remembers the protagonist as being old, I think he was young, and don't remember any prophecy, though he thinks it might have been a minor world building point.

message 3: by Dyllan (last edited Jul 19, 2020 03:15AM) (new) - added it

Dyllan Soares (dyllansoares) | 2 comments Rainbowheart wrote: "Perloo the Bold?"

Thats it! Thank you so much!!

message 4: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 19602 comments Great, glad to help out!