#ClassicsCommunity 2021 Reading Challenge discussion

Buddy Reads > August Children's book Classic

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

library girl reading (gidgetsbookshelves) Hey I thought I'd see what you guys want to read in August. I promise to keep up and read the book picked. July just kicked my butt reading wise with to much stress going on. But doing better and more in the frame of mind to read now.

So for August Children's book which would you like to read: I have an idea on which I'd like to read but want your input as well.

A: Winnie the Pooh
B: Pippi Longstocking
C: Island of the Blue Dolphins
D: Anne of the Island

message 2: by Barry (new)

Barry Cunningham (cunningba) | 34 comments A. Winnie the Pooh

message 3: by Gia (new)

Gia D: Anne of the Island

message 4: by Janice (new)

Janice | 193 comments Sorry, but I can't decide between B: Pippi Longstocking (never read this) and D: Anne of the Island (because I love reading about Anne). :)

message 5: by Gia (new)

Gia Janice wrote: "Sorry, but I can't decide between B: Pippi Longstocking (never read this) and D: Anne of the Island (because I love reading about Anne). :)"

Janice, I can relate! I had a bit of a struggle deciding between Anne and Winnie the Pooh but finally decided on Anne because I just love her SO much! (I also have Pippi on my shelf, too, so sometime would be fun to read that.)

library girl reading (gidgetsbookshelves) I'm same and I want to read Winnie the Pooh! Man I'm having a major comfort children's classic vibes in that is all I want to read. :)

message 7: by Gia (new)

Gia Shannon wrote: "I'm same and I want to read Winnie the Pooh! Man I'm having a major comfort children's classic vibes in that is all I want to read. :)"

I'd read Winnie the Pooh in a heartbeat for August:) Whatever you all want to do is great with me!

message 8: by Janice (new)

Janice | 193 comments Gia wrote: "Janice wrote: "Sorry, but I can't decide between B: Pippi Longstocking (never read this) and D: Anne of the Island (because I love reading about Anne). :)"

Janice, I can relate! I had a bit of a s..."

I hear you :) I love Anne too <3 and it is just so comforting and lovely reading all about Anne :)

message 9: by library girl reading (last edited Jul 23, 2020 10:23AM) (new)

library girl reading (gidgetsbookshelves) So it looks like Anne and Winnie the Pooh are the favorites for August. I'm not sure I'll be able to read both but I will seriously try. I think I can since fingers crossed I don't have to go back to work till after Labor Day.

So August:

Winnie the Pooh
and
Anne of the Island

message 10: by Gia (new)

Gia Great! All we can do is try:) You may surprise yourself!

message 11: by Janice (new)

Janice | 193 comments Sounds good to me :) I only read one book at a time and tomorrow I will be starting with Persuasion by Jane Austen then I will start reading Anne of the Island and maybe after that start Winnie the Pooh. :)

message 12: by Adrika (new)

Adrika Mondal (adrikamondal) | 20 comments Shannon wrote: "So it looks like Anne and Winnie the Pooh are the favorites for August. I'm not sure I'll be able to read both but I will seriously try. I think I can since fingers crossed I don't have to go back ..."
Sounds great! I use to watch Winnie the Pooh animated cartoons as a toddler, so it will be great!
Also I have read only the first book of Anne series. I intend to devour all the books soon
HAPPY READING

message 13: by Adrika (new)

Adrika Mondal (adrikamondal) | 20 comments Janice wrote: "Sounds good to me :) I only read one book at a time and tomorrow I will be starting with Persuasion by Jane Austen then I will start reading Anne of the Island and maybe after that start Winnie the..."

I am such a slow reader! I hate myself for that. I am currently reading two classics, A room with a veiw and Agnes Grey. I yearn to read Austen's novels. I will start with Pride and Prejudice.