What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Opposite of Always
This topic is about Opposite of Always
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA Romance, Time Travel. High school boy meets college girl on stairs of party, falls in love, both are African American. Girl is sick, boy tries to pay for the girl's medication. [s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Laila (new)

Laila Azhar (lailaazhar) | 5 comments Other details:
- Both the boy and his girlfriend are Black
- The boy is a high schooler (senior I think?) and the girl is in college
- One of the friends has a distant father
- The boy tries to find ways to pay for the girl’s medication

message 2: by Sarah (last edited Jul 18, 2020 02:53AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Sarah | 62 comments Maybe Opposite of Always.

Sounds extremely similar.

message 3: by Kris (last edited Jul 18, 2020 07:33AM) (new)

Kris | 35336 comments Mod
Laila, I removed the spoiler from the topic header ("girl dies, boy relives until he saves her, two friends (dating) day he’s distant"). Spoilers are okay in the comments. Just give us a clear warning first, so the spoiler can be avoided.

I added genre and some plot details to the topic header, so your book might be recognized from the header alone. Many members only read the headers.

I guessed "relives" meant the boy experiences time travel. How does he do this?

Feel free to update it by clicking the small "edit" link after the header. This only works on the full Desktop website - not the Mobile website or app. (On the Mobile website, there's a "Desktop version" link at the bottom of the page.)

message 4: by Laila (new)

Laila Azhar (lailaazhar) | 5 comments Sarah wrote: "Maybe Opposite of Always.

Sounds extremely similar."

Thank you!! That's it!

message 5: by Laila (new)

Laila Azhar (lailaazhar) | 5 comments Kris wrote: "Laila, I removed the spoiler from the topic header ("girl dies, boy relives until he saves her, two friends (dating) day he’s distant"). Spoilers are okay in the comments. Just give us a clear warn..."
Got it!

Sarah | 62 comments Awesome! I read this not that long ago, so it was sounding extremely likely. It was quite an interesting book, although I was slightly disappointed with it. Really liked the concept.