The Royal Masquerade discussion

Lake Lore > The Tents - all

Comments Showing 1-50 of 256 (256 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6

message 1: by Hayden (new)

Hayden (the_dinohead) | 1016 comments Mod
The tents are where servants serve food and drinks to the royals. It's also the best place to gossip and relax.

rose - 忻怡 - (_imperfection) | 17 comments America walked slowly around the tents. She had been to almost everywhere except here. The breeze was cooling and the servants bustled around to serve her but she couldn't enjoy all these right now. Her mind was muddled and her feelings fluctuating drastically.

Kolvar had refused for her to help. Athena seemed so distant. She had no one here. Her kingdom was in chaos. An old witch was plotting to destroy everything. Just. Great. America had a lot in her mind and yet so many dramas and conflicts seemed bubbling in the air.

She gazed at the letter in her hands that bore the royal crest of Shadowitch Kingdom, the words still echoing in her mind.

Princess America, we are sorry to inform you that your father is found dead yesterday. He is believed to be murdered by the rebels. The royal family has been threatened and the death rates of the witch guards are increasing. Do not come home. Stay where you are and we will take care of everything. ~Queen Midnight of Shadowitch Kingdom

America wanted to cry for her father but no tears came. He had been at least lenient to her and sneaked her small treats whenever she was stressed out after a long day of magic training with her Mom. Chocolate. He had introduced her to this magical, awesome delicacy. He was one of those she loved and cherished the most. Yet, still no tears came.

America sighed and folded the letter, gazing at the blue sky. She was a failure...her mission to gain allies from Meldina seemed so futile. Days have passed but she still had no obvious accomplishments.

Behind her, Maleficia crouched in the bushes, eyeing her curiously. This young witch from Shadowitch Kingdom was different. She seemed more powerful...And her heart, it was full of emotions that its intensity almost blinded her. She was powerful yet untrained. She would be just the one for Maleficia. Together, they could accomplish a lot. But only if she would cooperate.

Slowly, she approached America, tapping her softly. America whirled around, only to be faced with a whirling forcefield of dark magic. The witch in the cottage! She thought in alarm. Yet, she seemed to have no intention of hurting her. At least for now.

"What do you want?" America tried to ask in a cordial voice.
"I'm sorry for your father. He was a great man." Maleficia said, pointing at the letter. America stayed silent but wondered how in the world did Maleficia know about the letter.

"Walk with me, girl." Maleficia said simply as she strode forward. America hesitated but some sort of energy seemed to be urging her to follow. She increased her pace and caught up with the witch.

"Where are we going?" She asked suspiciously after being led in silence for too long. Maleficia turned and looked at her in the eye. "To my lair." She said quietly and flicked her hand. Everything went black in front of America as she had no time to react. She crumpled on the floor, helpless and powerless as the witch scooped her up and into the unknown.

rose - 忻怡 - (_imperfection) | 17 comments ((Hey guys, I might not be online a lot next week cuz exams and I'm trying to get rid of America first...))

Abby {On A Half-Hiatus Ig} (yourclassicintrovertbooknerd) | 1218 comments ((Wow lol))

Abby {On A Half-Hiatus Ig} (yourclassicintrovertbooknerd) | 1218 comments ((Also, R.I.P. America's dad, introducing her to chocolate was definitely the best decision you ever made, even though we don't exactly know what decisions you made....))

rose - 忻怡 - (_imperfection) | 17 comments ((lol))

Abby {On A Half-Hiatus Ig} (yourclassicintrovertbooknerd) | 1218 comments ((And your on!!! YES, now we just need Hayden!))

rose - 忻怡 - (_imperfection) | 17 comments ((ALERT!
We're currently searching for a RP-er, Hayden, who has went missing and is nowhere to be found. Please report anywhere you like in this group if you happen to see her anywhere. Your reward is...well...probably a virtual hug))

Abby {On A Half-Hiatus Ig} (yourclassicintrovertbooknerd) | 1218 comments (("I'm so on it! YO CHUCK, GET THE PIXEL DOGS, WE GOT A MISSING RP-er!!!"

Chuck: "ON IT BOSS!" He saluted, then let loose 4 pixel German Shepards and Labradors.

The pixel dogs sniffed at the top comment, then spread out across the group in search of the mod.))

message 10: by rose - 忻怡 - (new)

rose - 忻怡 - (_imperfection) | 17 comments ((Nice!))

Abby {On A Half-Hiatus Ig} (yourclassicintrovertbooknerd) | 1218 comments ((I take my friends seriously lol))

message 12: by rose - 忻怡 - (new)

rose - 忻怡 - (_imperfection) | 17 comments ((Don't we all? XD))

Abby {On A Half-Hiatus Ig} (yourclassicintrovertbooknerd) | 1218 comments ((We should lol, unless it's a harmless joke, then it's cool))

message 14: by rose - 忻怡 - (new)

rose - 忻怡 - (_imperfection) | 17 comments ((Yeah...))

Abby {On A Half-Hiatus Ig} (yourclassicintrovertbooknerd) | 1218 comments ((Sooooo, how've ya been))

message 16: by rose - 忻怡 - (new)

rose - 忻怡 - (_imperfection) | 17 comments ((Tireddd...I don't wanna go to school!!! And I'm so looking forward for the exams to be over!!!! Okay, calm down. *Take deep breaths* What about you?))

Abby {On A Half-Hiatus Ig} (yourclassicintrovertbooknerd) | 1218 comments ((I'm good, annndddd, idk, I finished school late since I'm homeschooled and lazy. I finished my math late because PRE-ALGEBRA 3-D GEOMETRY IS INFURIANTING))

message 18: by rose - 忻怡 - (new)

rose - 忻怡 - (_imperfection) | 17 comments ((Totally!! I hate geometry!!!))

message 19: by Abby {On A Half-Hiatus Ig} (last edited Jul 31, 2020 08:46PM) (new)

Abby {On A Half-Hiatus Ig} (yourclassicintrovertbooknerd) | 1218 comments ((Yeah, of course the actual algebra can be confusing and infuriating at times, but I'm mainly fed up on geometry >:p))

message 20: by Hayden (new)

((lmao I can't relate, school for me finished a month ago. But algebra and geometry SUCKS, especially the geometry part))

Abby {On A Half-Hiatus Ig} (yourclassicintrovertbooknerd) | 1218 comments ((HEcK YEa it does))

message 22: by Hayden (new)

((XD))

message 23: by rose - 忻怡 - (new)

rose - 忻怡 - (_imperfection) | 17 comments ((You're backkkkkk!!!!!!!))

Abby {On A Half-Hiatus Ig} (yourclassicintrovertbooknerd) | 1218 comments ((Your baackkkk!!!!!)))

message 25: by Hayden (new)

((I'm backkkkkk!!!!!))

Abby {On A Half-Hiatus Ig} (yourclassicintrovertbooknerd) | 1218 comments ((We're all baaackkkkkkkk))

message 27: by rose - 忻怡 - (new)

rose - 忻怡 - (_imperfection) | 17 comments ((Yayyyyyyyy))

message 28: by Hayden (new)

((XD XD this conversation is so awesome. Anyways, I'm in the Pacific Daylight Timezone, and I only really come on at night, around 9pm-2am. In the daytime, I'm usually out and about but when I have some quiet time I come on here))

message 29: by rose - 忻怡 - (new)

rose - 忻怡 - (_imperfection) | 17 comments ((Since our missing RP-er came back voluntarilt, all troops are called off and the virtual hug is given to the wanted RP-er instead!))

message 30: by rose - 忻怡 - (new)

rose - 忻怡 - (_imperfection) | 17 comments *voluntarily

message 31: by Hayden (new)

((XD a virtual hug is given back!!!))

message 32: by Abby {On A Half-Hiatus Ig} (last edited Jul 31, 2020 10:27PM) (new)

Abby {On A Half-Hiatus Ig} (yourclassicintrovertbooknerd) | 1218 comments ((XD lol, also same, except I'm ahead of you, so I leave before you Hayden))

message 33: by Hayden (new)

((yeah. I'm from Washington State & I think you are like 3 hours ahead of me))

message 34: by Abby {On A Half-Hiatus Ig} (last edited Jul 31, 2020 10:29PM) (new)

Abby {On A Half-Hiatus Ig} (yourclassicintrovertbooknerd) | 1218 comments (("YO CHUCK!"

Chuck: "WHAT?!"

"CALL OFF THE PIXEL DOGGOS, WE FOUND HER!"

Chuck: "GOT IT! here doggos, I got some pixel cookies for you!" rounds up doggos and puts them behind firewall*))

Abby {On A Half-Hiatus Ig} (yourclassicintrovertbooknerd) | 1218 comments ((Yeah lol))

message 36: by Hayden (new)

((Wait, I wanna pet the pixel doggos!!!))

message 38: by Abby {On A Half-Hiatus Ig} (last edited Jul 31, 2020 10:56PM) (new)

Abby {On A Half-Hiatus Ig} (yourclassicintrovertbooknerd) | 1218 comments After what seemed like forever, Kolvar had found his way out of the cave and stumbled across the beach until he made it to the tents the servants had been setting up.

A few of them rushed over to him and had taken him into an emergency tent that had medical supplies and everything needed in case anyone was hurt. They questioned him about how he had hurt himself, but he brushed them off and said it didn't matter then.

After awhile, he had begun to grow sour that Athena had left him. Sure he was still overwhelmed, and actually really, really happy, but whatever she had to go do surely could have waited a few minutes to make sure he got back safely!

message 39: by Hayden (new)

((oh if only he knew what she was up to and what she was thinking about him XD))

Abby {On A Half-Hiatus Ig} (yourclassicintrovertbooknerd) | 1218 comments ((If only, too bad we can't allow that! XD))

message 41: by Hayden (new)

About half an hour later, one Athena popped out of the cave, rounding around the small stretch of beach that led to the cave entrance, and walked across the beach to the tents, where she noticed her friends gathering.

'I must look kind of strange,' she thought as she approached the tents. She walked into one and immediately felt awkward. Everyone sort of stopped what they were doing and stared at her.

"Hi," she waved sheepishly. Carlos walked up to her and shook his head, handing her a danish and pushed her to Kolvar, who was looking disheveled in a chair. She sat next to him and smiled, begging her face not to turn red.

"How are you feeling? Hopefully better than you look," she teased, brushing her hand through his messy hair.

'Was that weird?' she thought to herself. The look on Kolvar's face said otherwise.

"When you're feeling better, you want to come look for seashells with me?" She asked, trying not to draw attention to the fact that she really wanted to talk to him.

message 42: by Abby {On A Half-Hiatus Ig} (last edited Jul 31, 2020 11:17PM) (new)

Abby {On A Half-Hiatus Ig} (yourclassicintrovertbooknerd) | 1218 comments "I-......." He opened his mouth, then closed it, a weird feeling knawing at his stomach.

Kolvar willed himself not to blush, but felt his face heat up slightly, so he assumed he failed.

"Y-yeah, yeah, sure...." He shut up before he said anything else, then looked away embarrassedly and discreetly fiddled with the stone and crystal in his pockets.

message 43: by Hayden (new)

Athena grinned even wider. She knew exactly what he was thinking about, because she was thinking about the same thing. She took a bite out of the jelly danish Carlos had gifted her and sat with Kolvar, unintentionally resting her arm on his shoulder, watching the bustle and busy-ness of the tent. Staff was tending to Kolvar, grabbing supplies, organizing supplies. It was a lot of activity, and to be honest, Athena was glad that none of it involved her,

Abby {On A Half-Hiatus Ig} (yourclassicintrovertbooknerd) | 1218 comments "Are you going to tell me what was so important you had to ditch me?" He asked after the staff who was helping Kolvar had left.

message 45: by Hayden (last edited Jul 31, 2020 11:38PM) (new)

"Listen, I, uh. I'm-I'm really sorry. I mean-I was so worried about you, and you know, the threat of war and stuff I kind of went-erm-berserk? Anyways, um, I got lost in the woods, and then this really cool looking princess-although technically she isn't a princess anymore but that's not the point-she introduced me to her friend, and they took me in for the night. Also, I'm sorry I lied. Carlos did see me that night, but he didn't give me this dress. And-erm-they wanted my help. So I went to think about it, because you know it's a really big deal and stuff. But then-um-I ran into this witch who was really weird and mean and then some magic thing happened to counter her magic which she tried to hurt me with-she didn't though so don't worry, you can get that look off your face-this ribbon here that my new friend gave me saved me. Then-then I ran into you. Although I wasn't me, because the magic hadn't really worn off. Sorry again, you caught me off guard and stuff. But anyways, I was running because I realized how important they were and stuff-for aiding the kingdom that is-and you kind of got in the way and I didn't want you to worry but you're also really dumb and stubborn which is fine because that's what I love about you-I mean, I don't love you I mea-er-nevermind. Anyways I did the-the thing to distract you so I could get to my friends and stuff and so yeah. I ran into them, we negotiated, and we came to an alliance, which is how they would help with the new council thing I'm gonna have as Queen, which is best for the people as well as me." Athena rambled, hyped up on sugar and adrenaline. She waited for Kolvar's reaction, scanning his face. She notice a small cut on his cheek.

"Oh dear did I do that?" without thinking, Athena gently touched his cheek, "Does it hurt? I'm sorry."

message 47: by Hayden (new)

((Athena no longer has to hide her anxiety and stuff, cause she doesn't have any anymore, so she's free to be her normal, awkward self lol))

Abby {On A Half-Hiatus Ig} (yourclassicintrovertbooknerd) | 1218 comments "I am.... so confused." He winced as she touched his cheek, both because it stung, and because he wasn't sure how to act around Athena now.

"What was that about a council? Who did you make an alliance with?" He started with what seemed to be the most political portion of Athena's ramble.

message 50: by Hayden (new)

"Oh," Athena jumped back as he winced. "I'm sorry. I just-it's weird. I guess since I don't need to put up a front anymore, like act like everything is fine even though I'm really worried and stuff, I'm not really sure. I feel a lot happier. But-I-I guess I kind of forgot how to be, um, you know, personal space and stuff. Sorry," she said, tucking a strand of her own hair behind her ear, looking down.

"I....." she caught herself. Athena cleared her throat. "Oh yes, the council. I decided my council won't be made of just noblemen and stuff. It's going to be made up of me, my-er-my spouse," she turned slightly pink and didn't look in Kolvar's eyes, "villagers who are chosen as representatives by the villagers, royal advisors I choose from the upper class and then representatives from the people I made the alliance with. The-er-the rebels." She whispered that last sentence.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6