The Royal Masquerade discussion

Lake Lore > The Beach - all

Comments Showing 1-50 of 51 (51 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Hayden (new)

Hayden (the_dinohead) | 1016 comments Mod
Go

message 2: by Abby {On A Half-Hiatus Ig} (last edited Jul 29, 2020 11:18PM) (new)

Abby {On A Half-Hiatus Ig} (yourclassicintrovertbooknerd) | 1218 comments Kolvar slowly walked down the beach, his hands in his pockets. He was going to head straight for the cave, but he hadn't been to the beach in Meldina in a long time, and there wasn't anybody in sight for the time being.

The sound of waves crashing against the shore and the winds rustling not too far off trees helped put his mind at ease, and helped him focus on the same thoughts that kept running through his head.

'Were my parents seriously going to force us to have an arranged marriage?! Would they have made an announcement at Athena's coronation, or at that brunch? I can't believe they've been doing it for all these years and I didn't catch on. I shouldn't have been so blind and childish. If I had acted differently, would Athena still be here? She was so stressed and confused, and I wasn't there for her. If the rebellion really is going to attack Talesworth, does that mean they're planning to kill us, or just hold us hostage?'

message 3: by Hayden (new)

((dang....this makes my heart hurt))

Abby {On A Half-Hiatus Ig} (yourclassicintrovertbooknerd) | 1218 comments ((Thank goodness, I was worried it wasn't too good lol))

message 5: by Hayden (new)

((No this is awesome))

Abby {On A Half-Hiatus Ig} (yourclassicintrovertbooknerd) | 1218 comments ((Thanks XD))

message 7: by Abby {On A Half-Hiatus Ig} (last edited Jul 29, 2020 11:36PM) (new)

Abby {On A Half-Hiatus Ig} (yourclassicintrovertbooknerd) | 1218 comments After 15 minutes of just walking, Kolvar found the rocky part of the beach that was made mostly out of large black rocks that jutted out of the ground.

He precariously made his way around the sharper rocks until he found a flat enough rock to sit on. After doing so he stared out at the lapping waves, his mind in a different place trying to come up with answers for all of his questions.

message 8: by Hayden (last edited Jul 29, 2020 11:30PM) (new)

Miles away from Kolvar, across the giant lake, Athena sat alone somewhat hidden by the trees. In her hand was a ribbon, given to her by one of the rebellion leaders.

She had stumbled on to the camp the night before, and was hidden by the leader Arche, to protect her from any violence a rebel might want to inflict on her. They had given her a bed, some new clothes, and some food to eat. After she had changed and ate, Arche had come into the tent they hid her in to talk. They had given her the ribbon as a sign that she was welcomed by the rebellion, if she so choose to be a part of it. That morning, after she had eaten again, they let her leave but asked her to think about their offer.

And so she did. She sat with her feet in the water, her hair down and flowing softly in the wind in tune with the simple white dress she was provided the night prior. From afar, she might have looked like a spirit or fairy. She looked at her lap, where she was holding the ribbon, gazing out into the lake, lost in thought.

Athena thought about a lot of things. She thought about how the rebels had the same ideals as her. They wanted a world where nobody lived in luxury while others starve. They wanted justice for the wrong people like her had committed against them, and they wanted peace. The "fallen" kingdoms hadn't fallen, they had realized that their people are worth more than a piece of jewelry or a nice cut of meat. Athena thought about how her role in the world could be used for good. Was her destined path supposed to be her becoming Queen in a few months? Or was it to help liberate others by becoming one of them? She wasn't sure. Athena also thought about Kolvar. How he was truly there for her anytime. How he had seen her as Athena, not as the key to gaining a stronger ally for his kingdom, or as a coin in an exchange. He liked her as she truly was.

But she also felt great sadness when thinking of Kolvar. She didn't know if she truly loved him enough to marry him, or if he felt the same. But if she did marry him, her best friend would be with her all the time. But she could never trap her best friend.

message 9: by Hayden (new)

((XD it took me six minutes to write my thing I'm so confused when it comes to time lol))

Abby {On A Half-Hiatus Ig} (yourclassicintrovertbooknerd) | 1218 comments After awhile, Kolvar had realized he'd lost track of time and it was nearly sunset. He considered going back, but decided to go back to Lover's Cave to explore it again.

He stood up and started slowly making his way back to the sandy part of the beach, then started following where Athena had led him last time.

message 11: by Abby {On A Half-Hiatus Ig} (last edited Jul 29, 2020 11:31PM) (new)

Abby {On A Half-Hiatus Ig} (yourclassicintrovertbooknerd) | 1218 comments ((oof lol, it's ok, it's a long paragraph!))

Abby {On A Half-Hiatus Ig} (yourclassicintrovertbooknerd) | 1218 comments ((Nooooooooooooooo, Athena is such a good person, she doesn't deserve to be sad DX XD))

message 13: by rose - 忻怡 - (new)

rose - 忻怡 - (_imperfection) | 17 comments ((You know what? I had been wanting America to bring Kolvar here jn. Talk about coincidence!!!))

message 15: by Hayden (last edited Jul 29, 2020 11:37PM) (new)

Athena had made her choice.

She would take the throne, but offer her kingdom for help. She knew she would be a great leader, but she would not fight those people who wanted the same things as her. Together, they would change Meldina, and hopefully, the rest of the world. Athena gripped the ribbon tightly, then stood and tied it around her wrist.

She decided to go back to the rebels' camp and tell those there her plan. She would join the ranks of the rebellion, but she would do it on her own terms.

With that, she headed off back to the secret cave, to the secret entrance of the rebels' camp.

Abby {On A Half-Hiatus Ig} (yourclassicintrovertbooknerd) | 1218 comments ((YEAH, GO ATHENA))

message 17: by Hayden (new)

Abby wrote: "((Nooooooooooooooo, Athena is such a good person, she doesn't deserve to be sad DX XD))"

((Neither does Kolvar!!! So how about a reunion?))

message 18: by Hayden (new)

((lmao this is the most interesting rp I've ever done lol))

message 19: by rose - 忻怡 - (new)

rose - 忻怡 - (_imperfection) | 17 comments ((Yay!!! Athena forever!!!!))

message 20: by rose - 忻怡 - (new)

rose - 忻怡 - (_imperfection) | 17 comments ((Btw I was thinking if she could meet the witch in the cottage on her way...what d'ya think?))

message 21: by Hayden (new)

((heck yeah! send in the witch!))

Abby {On A Half-Hiatus Ig} (yourclassicintrovertbooknerd) | 1218 comments ((XD, also heck yea, once she's done with the witch she can totally run into Kolvar, DRAMA IS THE BEST! XD))

message 23: by Hayden (new)

((YES))

Abby {On A Half-Hiatus Ig} (yourclassicintrovertbooknerd) | 1218 comments ((YESSS!!! Also I'm gonna go to bed in like, maybe 50 minutes))

message 25: by Hayden (new)

((ok! I also need to get to bed earlier so it's fine))

message 26: by rose - 忻怡 - (new)

rose - 忻怡 - (_imperfection) | 17 comments ((Where?))

message 27: by rose - 忻怡 - (new)

rose - 忻怡 - (_imperfection) | 17 comments ((I mean, where's Athena going? Is she still here?))

message 28: by Hayden (new)

Rose wrote: "((Btw I was thinking if she could meet the witch in the cottage on her way...what d'ya think?))"

((oh, uh, the cottage is technically a tower inside the castle...so do you think there's any way the witch could go BLARGH in the woods? Because near the castle is the beach and the cave))

message 29: by Hayden (new)

Rose wrote: "((I mean, where's Athena going? Is she still here?))"

((Athena is still walking in the forest))

message 30: by rose - 忻怡 - (new)

rose - 忻怡 - (_imperfection) | 17 comments ((Ok, she's now strolling outside the cave))

message 31: by Hayden (new)

((wait the witch or Athena?))

Abby {On A Half-Hiatus Ig} (yourclassicintrovertbooknerd) | 1218 comments ((Oh frick, please don't kill mah child))

Abby {On A Half-Hiatus Ig} (yourclassicintrovertbooknerd) | 1218 comments ((at least not yet anyway))

message 34: by rose - 忻怡 - (new)

rose - 忻怡 - (_imperfection) | 17 comments ((The witch. I've already posted...Don't worry, she won't die lol))

message 35: by Hayden (last edited Jul 29, 2020 11:58PM) (new)

((your child will NOT die at least not until the two dorks realize they love each other and stuff))

message 36: by Hayden (new)

((I just got the notification, I'm heading to post now))

message 37: by rose - 忻怡 - (new)

rose - 忻怡 - (_imperfection) | 17 comments ((Ok! Can't wait. Sparks between sweet Athena and the bitter old witch... *cackles evilly*))

Abby {On A Half-Hiatus Ig} (yourclassicintrovertbooknerd) | 1218 comments ((You are definitely gonna be able to play Maleficia well XD))

message 39: by Hayden (new)

((*wheeze* I'm sorry WHAT))

message 40: by Hayden (new)

((sparks between Athena and the witch? uh oh that feels like a no-no))

message 41: by rose - 忻怡 - (new)

rose - 忻怡 - (_imperfection) | 17 comments ((lol...sparks of hatred...))

message 42: by Hayden (new)

((they BETTER be))

message 43: by Hayden (last edited Jul 30, 2020 12:08AM) (new)

((I'm trying not to die from laughter))

Abby {On A Half-Hiatus Ig} (yourclassicintrovertbooknerd) | 1218 comments ((XD, breath please, I don't want you to die like that old guy in Mary Poppins XD))

message 45: by Hayden (new)

((dude that scene scared me when I was younger))

message 46: by rose - 忻怡 - (new)

rose - 忻怡 - (_imperfection) | 17 comments ((Don't die!!! What would our RP group look like if you died??))

Abby {On A Half-Hiatus Ig} (yourclassicintrovertbooknerd) | 1218 comments ((Lol, and I don't think I was ever scared of that scene, sure when they ran away from the bank I got spooked, but I think that was it))

message 48: by Hayden (new)

((XD any death scene in a movie I watched when I was little scarred me lol but now I kinda just laugh a lil))

message 49: by Hayden (new)

Rose wrote: "((Don't die!!! What would our RP group look like if you died??))"

((shorter probably))

Abby {On A Half-Hiatus Ig} (yourclassicintrovertbooknerd) | 1218 comments ((It'd probably vanish since your the only mod lol))

« previous 1