San Antonio Public Library discussion

Wanderlust books

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cmoreno) Share your favorite travel related books! What have you read that takes you to another place? Would you consider going to this place that you read about - whether real or imaginary?

message 2: by Beverly (last edited Jul 22, 2020 04:55PM) (new)

Beverly (bjbixlerhotmailcom) | 67 comments The following books are not strictly "travel related," but they all have given me a taste for Ireland and a desire to travel there. The "Irish Village Mystery" series, the first book being Murder in an Irish Village by Carlene O'Connor. This series is set in contemporary Ireland and has interesting characters and plots.

message 3: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cmoreno) One of my favorite books of traveling is Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Trail by Cheryl Strayed. Strayed goes through a journey by traveling by foot from the Mojave Desert through California, Oregon and Washington State. Strayed chooses this journey because of her mother's death, a failed marriage and a depression. This journey allows her to find herself battling against nature and yet she is able to find her own self in this difficult and healing time.

message 4: by Andrew (new)

Andrew (blitzetoile) | 6 comments Hello! I just finished reading a novel called Less by Andrew Sean Greer. It's about an LGBT man who travels the globe in order to avoid attending the wedding of his former lover. His trip to Japan sounded very nice. I've never really had an interest to go there, but now I think it would be nice to visit! He also traveled to Mexico, Berlin, Paris, Morocco, & India. I don't think I'm forgetting any other voyages. Interspersed in his travels are meditations on his own loves, losses, & life in general. It was a pretty typical novel about the global search for oneself, but I recommend it! I gave it 4 out of 5 stars.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Murder in an Irish Village (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Carlene O'Connor (other topics)