Into the Forest discussion

A Song Below Water (A Song Below Water, #1)
This topic is about A Song Below Water
Previous Group Read Nominations > A Song Below Water spoiler free

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jalilah (new)

Jalilah | 4451 comments Mod
This thread is for the July/August Young Adult Book Winner A Song Below Water by Bethany C. Morrow. No spoilers allowed!

Margaret | 3681 comments Mod
I started this several months ago, and couldn't get into it. However, I'm going to give the audiobook a shot. It seems like I should like it! It's a good pairing with The Deep by Rivers Solomon. A Song Below Waters has sirens while The Deep has mermaids, and both deal with racism.

Shomeret | 286 comments I am looking forward to this. It sounds really good. I'm number 4 on the library hold list though. So I may not be able to join the discussion for a while.

My library hold time is estimated at 14 weeks! So it's going to be a while for me too.

message 5: by Jalilah (new)

Just saw my copy is in transit! So are 2 other books I ordered, including The Deep. Typical that everything comes at once!

message 6: by Jalilah (new)

Margaret wrote: "I started this several months ago, and couldn't get into it. However, I'm going to give the audiobook a shot. It seems like I should like it! It's a good pairing with The Deep by [a..."

I was just thinking the same thing! Its good pairing with the Deep.
I must confess I am having a hard time getting into it as well, but I think its my own reading taste quirk. I don't like fantasy where from the start you enter a world with a lot of magic and you have to figure it all out. Those of you who have been in this group a while know I prefer fantasy that's set in the real world and the magic is hidden at first.
This is a world set in modern day Portland Oregon where Sirens, gargoyles, eboki and sprites exist and everyone seems to know about them. If you like books like this you will love it.

message 7: by Leah (new)

Leah (flying_monkeys) | 1009 comments I'm still waiting for the library. Since they put all existing requests on hold during the quarantine, then re-activated them when they re-opened, the queue hasn't been updated. So not sure where I'm at in line. They're also quarantining returned books for 3 days, which adds to wait time too.

I've still got a while on my hold, too. This may end up an October or November read for me.