FLASHLIGHT READERS discussion

GAMES! > Quote Game

Comments Showing 1-34 of 34 (34 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by alex (new)

alex (alexthebookish) | 216 comments Hey! I've seen this game before and thought it would be fun. So what happens is that the person below you names a page number and line number. You pick a random book and reply with the quote on that line and a new page/line. I'll start us off with a page and a line.

Page 53, line 7

message 2: by Domitylle (can only update books rn. sorry) (last edited Jul 16, 2020 09:25AM) (new)

Domitylle (can only update books rn. sorry) (dom_brlw) | 109 comments "very lucky, you know that"

- The Bad Beginning

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

"His hand shot out and grabbed her by the neck as she tried to get away."
- Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief

Page 96, line 12

message 4: by alex (new)

alex (alexthebookish) | 216 comments "Get them to make you something in red, it's totally your color"
-City of Fallen Angels

Page 111, line 11

message 5: by Srujan, Bibliophile (new)

Srujan (srujanreads) | 1320 comments Mod
Interesting!!

message 6: by lacey (last edited Jul 16, 2020 11:32AM) (new)

lacey (linguaphilelacey) | 124 comments Mod
"You're even more screwed than I am."
-- Truly Devious

page 76, line 5

message 7: by Amelie (new)

Amelie | 1106 comments “She trusts me.”

Page 102, line 4

message 8: by alex (new)

alex (alexthebookish) | 216 comments "Always he chased and always he caught her."
-Six of Crows

Page 443, line 14

Lemon༉₊˚๑  (quuer_reader) "At least twice a month, I see my Wanted poster flashed on the Jumbotrons. "
- Legend

page 37 line no. 4

Maja (The Moonlight Reader) (majalovesreading) | 89 comments “Citra was surprised to find the indignation came not just from the so-called new order scythes, but from the old guard as well.”

Page 84, line 7

Amanda Artist Cat (amandawholovesbooks) "Just before noon, Wylan would descend to wait in the canal side café that always drew a noisy collection of street preformers - musicians, mimes, jugglers - busking for tourist money."
- Crooked Kingdom

Page 33, line 10

message 12: by Maryam (last edited Jul 22, 2020 09:30PM) (new)

Maryam  (maryamhisham) | 323 comments 'They had landed next to a tumbledown garage in a.....'
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

Page 101 line2

message 13: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 532 comments "No few had fallen, renowned or nameless, captain or soldier; for..."

Page 42 line 9.

Lemon༉₊˚๑  (quuer_reader) "Am I in trouble ? Did they expel me?"
~Legend

Page 66 line 7

message 15: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 532 comments ' "It's no good, Sam," he said. "I can't manage it. This mail-shirt, I mean." ' Lord of the Rings, Return of the King

Page 600 ( or 60 if it's a smaller book), line 2.

message 16: by alex (new)

alex (alexthebookish) | 216 comments He saluted sharply and jogged off before Kit could ask him what you were supposed to do if someone you really cared about wanted to raise the dead in an ill-advised manner. -Queen of Air and Darkness
Page 486, line 12

message 17: by Alicia (new)

Alicia | 302 comments “He ends up next to Alex, smiling from ear to ear.” - Red, White and Royal Blue

Page 147 line 20

message 18: by Maryam (new)

Maryam  (maryamhisham) | 323 comments "...of this waifs thin, draggled, unsightly fur."
-Anne of the Island

Page 296 line 47

message 19: by Alicia (new)

Alicia | 302 comments “She had just made a huge mistake, and she didn’t to made another one, but Aiko was right when she told her that there are things that are worth to chase, independently from its cost” Caraval

Page 89, line 13

message 20: by Rheanna (new)

Rheanna (goodreadscomuser_rheanna) “‘It probably is’ said Kaz. Nina had the strangest sense that for once he was being sincere.”- Crooked Kingdom

Page 103 line 7

Amanda Artist Cat (amandawholovesbooks) "Does this mean the Circus is part of the challenge?" Isobel asks.
- the Night Circus

Page 10, line two

message 22: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 532 comments "..water beneath his cottage, and she knew he was looking for her."

The Mermaid-Christina Henry

Page 100, line 5

message 23: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarahakhtar) 'This is from Caroline bingley; what it contains has surprised me a big deal.'

Pride and prejudice

Page 21, line 8

Amanda Artist Cat (amandawholovesbooks) 'It comes out of your skin in waves, and these waves, stink-waves the witches call them, go floating through the air and hit the witch right smack in the nostrils.'
- The Witches by Roald Dahl

Page 1, line two

message 25: by Amelie (new)

Amelie | 1106 comments “They called me nymph, assuming I would be like my mother and aunts and thousand cousins.” - Circe

Page 91, Line 7

message 26: by [deleted user] (last edited Aug 26, 2020 07:56AM) (new)

"Will blinked at her. "What?""- Clockwork prince

page 125, Line 9

message 27: by Amanda Artist Cat (last edited Aug 26, 2020 04:24AM) (new)

Amanda Artist Cat (amandawholovesbooks) Can we talk about what happened?

Ninth House by Leigh Bardugo

Page 1 line 4

message 28: by alex (new)

alex (alexthebookish) | 216 comments It makes him look every bit the jerk that he is.
-The Wicked King, Holly Black

Page 1 line 1

message 29: by Holly (new)

Holly (hollyabookdragon) "They're coming" - sky in the deep
Page 37 line 6

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

"if only Miss Peregrine could tell us," Claire sniffled.
-Hollow city

page 58, line 9

message 31: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 532 comments "Better do nothing, then. Just forget about it." The Book of Dust, Volume Two, The Secret Commonwealth.

Page 100, line 2.

message 32: by Amanda Artist Cat (last edited Sep 28, 2020 05:42AM) (new)

Amanda Artist Cat (amandawholovesbooks) "You know, challenge your mate to jinx you and watch their face when the jinx just bounces off."
- Harry Potter and the Half-blood Prince

Page one, line 2

message 33: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 532 comments "..frozen moat to hurl hailstones against the walls of the castle and.."
- Frogkisser! Garth Nix

Page 57, line 18.

message 34: by Maryam (new)

Maryam  (maryamhisham) | 323 comments 'Snape?' shouted Harry. 'You didn't say-'
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

page 20, line 20