FLASHLIGHT READERS discussion

DEBATES! > Marvel v.s. DC

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Domitylle (can only update books rn. sorry) (dom_brlw) | 109 comments I prefer Marvel too!
I think it's more entertaining, the plots are better, the characters more attaching and everything.
But that's just what I think :)

Domitylle (can only update books rn. sorry) (dom_brlw) | 109 comments Harmony wrote: "Honestly, I'm really looking forward to "politely" explain to DC fans that Marvel is better. ;)"

XD

Harmony wrote: "Same, I really like their origin stories too! And aren't the actors fantastic?"

They are definitely amazing! And the actors ARE really amazing, clearly reflecting their characters

Domitylle (can only update books rn. sorry) (dom_brlw) | 109 comments XD, can definitely understand that!

♡°Alejandra♡° | 21 comments MARVEL

message 5: by sid (new)

sid (icarusxfallss) | 32 comments Marvel 100%

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

I think Marvel is the best, personally

*·˚elizabeth*·˚  | 171 comments marvel is way better!!!

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

plus, female characters are treated with a lot more respect in the marvel comics. DC females are just... yikes

Amanda Artist Cat (amandawholovesbooks) Bea wrote: "plus, female characters are treated with a lot more respect in the marvel comics. DC females are just... yikes"

Agreed! Though I don't like either, Marvel is a bit better, DC's plots are LAME. (Sorry for the strong wording, I'm a bit annoyed! 😂)

message 10: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 532 comments Marvel!!

message 11: by Amelie (new)

Amelie | 1106 comments I actually prefer DC over Marvel...XD

My favourite DC movie is Man of Steel and my favourite Marvel movie is Dr Strange.

Amanda Artist Cat (amandawholovesbooks) Amelie wrote: "I actually prefer DC over Marvel...XD

My favourite DC movie is Man of Steel and my favourite Marvel movie is Dr Strange."

YES, SAME!! I love Dr, Strange xD (I mean the movie, not a fictional crush thingummy!)

message 13: by Amna (new)

Amna (iamnaa) | 340 comments I haven't watched much of DC movies (mainly because I am not interested).
I will be always a die hard Mavel fan. But I didn't like End game.

So personally I think there is no use in this debate as Marvel is always better than DC.

message 14: by Alicia (new)

Alicia | 302 comments I prefer Marvel, the characters are more human and beatable. Except for Wonder Womam, I feel the other characters very plain. I like the Arrowverse shows though.

message 15: by Minal (new)

Minal | 472 comments I prefer Marvel over DC. The Marvel movie plots are better and they make good use of characters. The DC movies I liked are Wonder Woman and the first 3 parts of Batman as it was directed by Christopher Nolan

message 16: by Amna (new)

Amna (iamnaa) | 340 comments It's so shocking that no one is supporting DC.
Now I am glad that I didn't watch much of DC.

message 17: by Quinley (new)

Quinley (Phoenix_Bluefeather) (phoenix_bluefeather) | 18 comments I've only seen a few movies from both Marvel and DC and for me it's really just I like both equally I suppose or really don't have a preference when it comes to those two.

message 18: by Tisha (new)

Tisha (theyaqueen) | 110 comments Okay, so, the Dark Knight trilogy by DC, in which Christian Bale starred? I love that.
But the rest of the DC films, I hate. For some reason, it's too much of a good-superhero-saves-the-day, I suppose.
And I love Marvel. Every single movie (except Thor 2). I'm obsessed with like everything Marvel. Like, a lot. Like, a lot a lot.

message 19: by Amna (new)

Amna (iamnaa) | 340 comments I am re watching marvel movies nowadays and i accidentaly came to notice this debate again.
I will be always a fan of marvel (still no hate for DC movies). Now I realised that Marvel have many female heroes while DC have only Wonder Woman (i don't know if there is any other heroine). Marvel represents everyone equally and they have better plots. Marvel shows more about personal relations between heroes and their conflicts very naturally.
Thus MARVEL is better than DC

message 20: by Amna (new)

Amna (iamnaa) | 340 comments Tisha wrote: "Okay, so, the Dark Knight trilogy by DC, in which Christian Bale starred? I love that.
But the rest of the DC films, I hate. For some reason, it's too much of a good-superhero-saves-the-day, I supp..."

What's the story of thor 2 btw ??

message 21: by Tisha (new)

Tisha (theyaqueen) | 110 comments I think it goes something like Jane absorbs the Reality Stone, and there's an elf who wants to kill her to get it... I don't know, I've only watched it once lol