YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

The 100 (The 100, #1)
This topic is about The 100
BUDDY READ: Dystopian/Sci-Fi > The 100 (The 100 #1) by Kass Morgan - Starting July 16th 2020

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 84466 comments Mod
No one has set foot on Earth in centuries—until now.

Ever since a devastating nuclear war, humanity has lived on spaceships far above Earth's radioactive surface. Now, one hundred juvenile delinquents—considered expendable by society—are being sent on a dangerous mission: to recolonize the planet. It could be their second chance at life...or it could be a suicide mission.

CLARKE was arrested for treason, though she's haunted by the memory of what she really did. WELLS, the chancellor's son, came to Earth for the girl he loves—but will she ever forgive him? Reckless BELLAMY fought his way onto the transport pod to protect his sister, the other half of the only pair of siblings in the universe. And GLASS managed to escape back onto the ship, only to find that life there is just as dangerous as she feared it would be on Earth.

Confronted with a savage land and haunted by secrets from their pasts, the hundred must fight to survive. They were never meant to be heroes, but they may be mankind's last hope.

josie | 401 comments Ch1-4 - (view spoiler)

Krystal Ayers | 4319 comments josie wrote: "Ch1-4 - [spoilers removed]"

Have you watched the show at all? I am very curious as I read to see how similar the two are.

josie | 401 comments Krystal wrote: "josie wrote: "Ch1-4 - [spoilers removed]"

Have you watched the show at all? I am very curious as I read to see how similar the two are."

Nope! Though that’s why I picked this up, because I’d heard of the show

josie | 401 comments 89% - oops, I’ve kind of neglected this thread :/ (view spoiler)

Krystal Ayers | 4319 comments So have I, so sorry!! I'm so behind on a lot of books. But the show is really good!! I'm behind many seasons but I think I've watched 1-3.

josie | 401 comments Finished

Krystal Ayers | 4319 comments 20% (view spoiler)

josie | 401 comments Krystal wrote: "20% [spoilers removed]"

I definitely agree with you! The multiple points of views made it hard for me to get into it! It’s good when you push through though!

Krystal Ayers | 4319 comments 33% (view spoiler)

Krystal Ayers | 4319 comments 60% (view spoiler)

Krystal Ayers | 4319 comments Finished. (view spoiler)

Krystal Ayers | 4319 comments josie wrote: "89% - oops, I’ve kind of neglected this thread :/ who caused the fire? My first instinct was Octavia, as Bellamy said she “was gone”, but Clarke seems to be insinuating that it was Wells... On anot..."

(view spoiler)

josie | 401 comments Krystal wrote: "josie wrote: "89% - oops, I’ve kind of neglected this thread :/ who caused the fire? My first instinct was Octavia, as Bellamy said she “was gone”, but Clarke seems to be insinuating that it was We..."

Yeah (view spoiler)