Goodreads Authors/Readers discussion

Nonfiction > Good news, bad news on Launch Day

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Peter (new)

Peter (pdinuk) | 12 comments My late friend and expedition leader Michael Cole was predictable. During our months in Nepal, China, Peru and Nicaragua, we faced a few setbacks. But we could count on Mike to start any conversation with 'The good news is ...'. There was never any bad news.
Today's 'good news is' that the Kindle edition of Setting the Med Ablaze Churchill's Secret North African Base by Peter Dixon is out at https://getbook.at/Ablaze.
The genre is WW2 historical nonfiction. The book tells the true stories of the men and women of the Special Operations Executive's secret North African base.
The Kindle edition will stay at the launch price of £0.99 / $0.99 until July 23rd.
There is 'less good' news, though. James, our designer, has been set back by the coronavirus and is still working on the final paperback and hardback covers. They are nearly ready, but meanwhile the paperback is available on Amazon with a provisional cover. It will probably be a couple of weeks before the book is available from local book shops (if they are open).
I hope you enjoy the book. I've loved researching and writing it.

message 2: by Jeff (new)

Jeff Schanz (jeffschanz) | 82 comments This sounds really interesting, Peter. I usually like WW2 HNF. I've got a backup of stuff I plan to read, but I hope to get around to this eventually. :) Good luck!

message 3: by Tony (new)

Tony Brunal | 121 comments Congrats! Good luck on your book! Hope to read it.

message 4: by Peter (new)

Peter (pdinuk) | 12 comments Thanks, Jeff & Tony,
I hope so too. Any comments welcome in due course, plus a review if you have time, of course.