UK Amazon Kindle Forum discussion

Meet the Authors > Peter Dixon

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Peter (new)

Peter (pdinuk) | 26 comments Although I've contributed to the forum before, I never got round to setting up a topic here.
I mostly focus on war and peace in the nonfiction genre. My latest book is on WW2 secret history.
Setting the Med Ablaze Churchill's Secret North African Base by Peter Dixon tells the true stories of the men and women of the Special Operations Executive's secret North African base.
The Kindle edition launches today at https://getbook.at/Ablaze, and will stay at the launch price of £0.99 / $0.99 until July 23rd.
It's my second book on SOE. The first,
Guardians of Churchill's Secret Army Men of the Intelligence Corps in the Special Operations Executive by Peter Dixon was published in 2018 and readers seem to like it.
Comments and reviews welcome!

Rosemary (grooving with the Picts) (nosemanny) | 9116 comments Thanks Peter and welcome to your author thread!

message 3: by Jim (new)

Jim | 22066 comments Welcome aboard Peter

message 4: by Alicia (new)

Alicia Ehrhardt (aliciabutcherehrhardt) | 4450 comments Hope it does well for you.

message 5: by Anna (new)

Anna Faversham (annafaversham) | 1731 comments Welcome to 'Meet the Authors' Peter.

message 6: by Peter (new)

Peter (pdinuk) | 26 comments Probably against all marketing advice, I'm shifting the direction of my writing, at least temporarily.
I had an idea for a personal finance book that would be different from most 'Make Your First Million' books, so I wrote it. In Gain Save Give by Peter Dixon , I bring John Wesley's eighteenth century advice on money up to date. Wesley said "Money never stays with me. It would burn me if it did.”
Famously, his advice was 'Gain all you can. Save all you can. Give all you can.' It's as radical today as it was three centuries ago. Perhaps more so.
My new book Gain Save Give updates Wesley's words, not only for today's concerned Christian, but for all who want their money and resources to make a positive impact for good in the world.
As we look forward to a post-pandemic world, this practical guide aims to help the reader:
• Gain productively
• Save efficiently
• Give effectively
Each chapter concludes with some actions readers can put into practice right away, so we can all get a little closer to using money for good.
Kindle edition on pre-order now at https://getbook.at/GainSaveGive for 17th December launch, holding the $0.99 / £0.99 launch price until Christmas Eve.
Paperback and hardback available soon.
I hope you find the book both interesting and challenging. Please take a few minutes to leave an honest review!
Thank you!
Peter

message 7: by Jim (new)

Jim | 22066 comments Interesting idea and I hope it does well

message 8: by Peter (new)

Peter (pdinuk) | 26 comments Thanks, Jim. Me too!