The Sword and Laser discussion

Sam Maggs
This topic is about Sam Maggs
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Author Questions / AMAs > Questions for Sam Maggs 7/22

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Veronica, Supreme Sword (new)

Veronica Belmont (veronicabelmont) | 1707 comments Mod
We'll be interviewing video game, comic book and prose novel author Sam Maggs on the show on July 22nd to talk about her new book The Unstoppable Wasp: Built On Hope! Please post your questions below.

message 2: by Louie (new)

Louie (rmutt1914) | 885 comments In the comics, Nadia, like her father, struggles with her mental health. Is that something the novel addresses? If so, what were the challenges depicting that struggle in a YA novel?

message 3: by Louie (new)

Louie (rmutt1914) | 885 comments Favorite member of the G.I.R.L. squad to write for?

message 4: by Richard (last edited Jul 18, 2020 08:44AM) (new)

Richard Vogel | 234 comments Which medium (books, comics, video games) was the most difficult to write in and why? Which is her favorite?

When writing in the well established world of Spider-Man, the story worked well for a video game structure and was original. Considering the existing current media of Marvel Spider-Man movies and the excellent Into the Spider-Verse, what was the process to create a new story the was different and interesting from the previous and current works?

Adding one more question for my daughter. Simply, how did you break into the comic business?

message 5: by Chris (new)

Chris (chrisliterati) | 5 comments Hi! New to the group and I got so exited because I worked with Sam Maggs on this book (hi Sam, Chris C!). My question is: if you could do the same treatment for any other marvel superheroes, who would you want to write?
Thanks so much!

message 6: by Jan (last edited Jul 20, 2020 08:46AM) (new)

Jan | 440 comments Bzzzzz, I am probably way too late (damn you, life!) but I do have a question:

You have written in many areas and have vast experience with all kinds of different stories, I am wondering what the main difference is in writing a comic book, game content and novels regarding the development of the story and the characters? Any tv or movie scripts you would like to write?

message 7: by Mark (new)

Mark (markmtz) | 2495 comments You've told us the backstory of Enterprise crew member Yeoman Leslie Thompson. Are there any other Star Trek tales you'd like to tell?

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.