Shut Up & Read discussion

River Marked (Mercy Thompson, #6)
This topic is about River Marked
Archives- Buddy Reads > River Marked by Patricia Briggs

Comments Showing 1-31 of 31 (31 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (last edited Jul 16, 2020 02:21PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Leigh | 15996 comments Mod
This is the discussion area for the Buddy Read of

River Marked (Mercy Thompson, #6) by Patricia Briggs

We will start reading this book in July 15th.

Please feel free to join in and read with us at any time :)

Description: Being a different breed of shapeshifter-a walker-Mercy Thompson can see ghosts, but the spirit of her long-gone father has never visited her. Until now, on her honeymoon with the Alpha werewolf Adam. An evil is stirring in the depths of the Columbia River-and innocent people are dying. As other walkers make their presence known to Mercy, she must reconnect with her heritage to exorcise the world of the legend known as the river devil...

heart-1

Vaughn | 3426 comments Woohoo

message 3: by Sheri, Bookworm (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sheri | 12374 comments Mod
Yay!

message 4: by Sheri, Bookworm (new) - rated it 4 stars

I started.

message 5: by Sheri, Bookworm (new) - rated it 4 stars

I'm reading an anthology of urban fantasy short stories and there is one by Patricia Briggs...with Warren as the star! It makes me happy...I love Warren so much!! In Red, with Pearls

Apparently it's in the Shifting Shadows (Mercy Thompson #0.1, #0.5, #0.7, #0.9, #1.2, #1.8, #4.5, #5.5, #7.4, #8.5) by Patricia Briggs anthology, which I've read, but I don't remember it! We need to add this one to our Mercy list when we're finished with the rest.

message 6: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new) - rated it 5 stars

I will be starting soon.

message 7: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sheri wrote: "I'm reading an anthology of urban fantasy short stories and there is one by Patricia Briggs...with Warren as the star! It makes me happy...I love Warren so much!! [book:In Red, with Pearls|53893586..."

I read that one, too.

Vaughn | 3426 comments Leigh wrote: "Sheri wrote: "I'm reading an anthology of urban fantasy short stories and there is one by Patricia Briggs...with Warren as the star! It makes me happy...I love Warren so much!! [book:In Red, with P..."

I though we read that one together but I don't recall that story.

I'll be starting later today

message 9: by Sheri, Bookworm (new) - rated it 4 stars

Vaughn wrote: "Leigh wrote: "Sheri wrote: "I'm reading an anthology of urban fantasy short stories and there is one by Patricia Briggs...with Warren as the star! It makes me happy...I love Warren so much!! [book:..."

Either my memory is bad or I've read too many books, lol. I remember reading Shifting Shadows, but I don't remember the actual stories in it.

message 10: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sheri wrote: "Vaughn wrote: "Leigh wrote: "Sheri wrote: "I'm reading an anthology of urban fantasy short stories and there is one by Patricia Briggs...with Warren as the star! It makes me happy...I love Warren s..."

I don't remember the stories, either.

message 11: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new) - rated it 5 stars

Started. Poor Stefan!

message 12: by Sheri, Bookworm (new) - rated it 4 stars

I've never really liked Mercy's mom that much just because she abandoned her as a baby, but we get to learn a lot more about her in this book.

message 13: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sheri wrote: "I've never really liked Mercy's mom that much just because she abandoned her as a baby, but we get to learn a lot more about her in this book."

I agree. I wasn't a fan of Mercy's mom at the beginning of this series, either. The whole wedding plan was funny.

message 14: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new) - rated it 5 stars

I thought otters were cute and cuddly until I read this story. I like that we learn for about Mercy's Native American background...Coyote. The Fae have some seriously scary monsters. Mercy is always put into impossible situations. The Walking Stick comes in handy. The Letter!❤😭
Just finished and loved it!

Vaughn | 3426 comments I've started

message 16: by Sheri, Bookworm (new) - rated it 4 stars

I loved the wedding. It was perfect for Mercy and Adam.

I love the old Native American stories. Mercy learned a lot more about herself in this book.

Vaughn | 3426 comments I love that we get to meet her sisters in this and hear how much Bran cares about her. This would be my third or fourth time going through this book and I can't believe that there's still a few things that I keep forgetting about. Like when they first got to the campground and she's getting out of the water and she sees something and she looks back and then it disappears. Completely forgot that part.

message 18: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new) - rated it 5 stars

That is what I love about re-reading, not only enjoying the story over again but seeing all those things you missed the first time around.

Vaughn | 3426 comments All done. That was great. I remember the first time I read it, I didn't like it at all. This being my 4th or 5th, I love it so. Loved the time they shared together

Vaughn | 3426 comments I'm ready to start Fairgame when you two are

message 21: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new) - rated it 5 stars

If Sheri is ready we could start tomorrow or Wednesday.

Vaughn | 3426 comments Works for me

message 23: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new) - rated it 5 stars

I will work on badge and thread.

message 24: by Sheri, Bookworm (new) - rated it 4 stars

Either day is fine.

message 25: by Sheri, Bookworm (last edited Jul 20, 2020 06:48PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Vaughn wrote: "All done. That was great. I remember the first time I read it, I didn't like it at all. This being my 4th or 5th, I love it so. Loved the time they shared together"

I think this wasn't one of my favorites, either, but I did love the Native American stories and Coyote.

message 26: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sheri wrote: "Vaughn wrote: "All done. That was great. I remember the first time I read it, I didn't like it at all. This being my 4th or 5th, I love it so. Loved the time they shared together"

I think this was..."

I agree with you. The letter got me at the end and I like the Native American part with Coyote. It just had a different feel to it.

message 27: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new) - rated it 5 stars

Congrats Vaughn! Here is your badge.
heart-1

message 28: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new) - rated it 5 stars

Congrats Sheri! Here is your badge.
heart-1

Vaughn | 3426 comments Pretty

message 30: by Vaughn (last edited Jul 21, 2020 07:27AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Vaughn | 3426 comments Leigh wrote: "Sheri wrote: "Vaughn wrote: "All done. That was great.

I remember the first time I read it, I didn't like it at all. This being my 4th or 5th, I love it so. Loved the time they shared together

..."

made the mistake of reading the letter first when the book came out and spent the whole time thinking she died and it was the last book. Prolly why I didn't like it the first time. Lol

message 31: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new) - rated it 5 stars

The new thread is up. We start tomorrow.