Graphic Novel Reading Group discussion

Buddy Reads free comic books > Velvet (currently issue #2 is up now)

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Richard Kenneth (last edited Aug 11, 2020 09:46AM) (new)

Richard Kenneth Conde | 283 comments Mod
Update August 11, 2020: Issue #2 is currently up please scroll below.

*** Please note the images of this comic book is only for this topic's comic book discussion purposes only; And not for sale or resale ***

The images of this comic book will be removed after a couple of weeks.

description

description

description

description

description

Okay let's start out the all new revamped Buddy Reads free comic books discussion with this. If it generates a lot of discussion and many member interests. Then we shall continue it.

Good luck with our initial "test drive."

*** Please note the images of this comic book is only for this topic's comic book discussion purposes only; And not for sale or resale ***

This espionage noir thriller set in the 1960’s is a full throttle thriller. I’m expecting double crosses all over and if I could just say something to the main protagonist, it would be not to trust anyone including colleagues.

message 3: by Trike (new)

Trike | 112 comments I read the whole run last year and loved it. The elevator pitch is: “What if Miss Moneypenny were even more of a badass than James Bond, and she was framed by an international conspiracy?”

It’s so good.

Trike wrote: "I read the whole run last year and loved it. The elevator pitch is: “What if Miss Moneypenny were even more of a badass than James Bond, and she was framed by an international conspiracy?”

It’s so..."

I definitely agree with you on that sentiment. I have read the first volume and the best part was the mood it was menacing sort of like the mood of the first James Bond movie released in theaters, Dr. No which was phenomenal.

message 5: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa | 2 comments I really enjoyed this first issue. The first aspect of this issue that got my attention is the coloring. I like how the colorist uses orange and blue contrast while also incorporating other warm colors to give it a softer look. The smoke effect is very nice, too. The story did a good job of hooking me. I think that having the opening be from the first victim's perspective helped get the reader attached to him. The end of the issue has me looking forward to reading the second and finding out more about Velvet's backstory.

message 6: by Alex (new)

Alex E | 4 comments The whole series is so good. I really hope they decide to write a vol 4. I can see so much potential in this character. Really fun, thrill ride of a book.

Update August 2, 2020 Issue #1 removed. Issue #2 will soon be uploaded for Buddy Reads.

message 8: by Richard Kenneth (last edited Dec 01, 2020 05:01PM) (new)

Update September 5, 2020:

Okay not much interest in issue number 2.

For those that want to continue this please let me know, and we can have issue #3 up and running once there is interest in the title.

description

Happy Buddy Reads reading everyone.

Feel free to join in anytime.