Pride and Prejudice Pride and Prejudice discussion

Looking for nice editions of Jane Austen books

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jersy I´m looking for beautiful editions of Jane Austen´s books that will look nice on my shelves, so the spines (and that they match) are a little more important than the actual covers.
It´s a weird request, but I own all of her books in different editions and have some nice book ends I would like to present them in. Darker colors, especially if they look nice next to red or brown, are prefered, but I´m open to all recs.

message 2: by Tom (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tom Greetings "Looking For...",
Try looking at the (Folio Society). I have purchased maybe a dozen or more books and sets from them. The spines are not always the most elegant except for a boxed series. All their books come with a heavy board sheath, the paper is of very decent quality and the print will vary with the period. The spines will vary from highly ornamented to simple, sophisticated.... Individual volumes vary in height. Know that the price is rather stiff, generally $60 to $90 a volume. Boxed sets are more. You can see them on-line and decide for yourself.
I do not buy from them any more because of the price. The times we live in!!
Another is (The Literary Classics of the United States). The price on these hard bound books are more reasonable. They are rather small books, seven inches tall whereas F.S. Books range up to about ten to eleven inches. The paper is thin like the leaves of a bible text. The spines on T.L.C.U.S.) are simple, one color ranging in blue to a red brown color.
Hope this helps. Best of luck in your search. Oh! Another option is to have your books rebound by someone who specializes in the art of book binding. :)