Mission Viejo Library discussion

Adult Summer Reading Program > Week 5 Book Recommendations by Lulu

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sandy (new)

Sandy (sbrimer) | 36 comments Mod
Wow! It is already Week 5 of the Adult Summer Reading Program - two weeks to go!
Selections this week are memoirs and biographies. Besides the titles listed below there are biographies and memoirs available for checkout from the library and through Libby/Overdrive as digital books/audiobooks. You can read people's stories and learn what shaped their lives.

•Inheritance: A Memoir of Genealogy, Paternity, and Love by Dani Shapiro
•Alexander Hamilton by Ron Chernow
•The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls
•Benjamin Franklin: an American Life by Walter Isaacson
•Becoming by Michelle Obama

Remember that the library is open for curbside service Monday through Friday, Noon - 4 pm. Go to cmvl.org for more information.

message 2: by Allison (new)

Allison | 54 comments Mod
Great recommendations this week! Lin-Manuel Miranda famously picked Chernow's Alexander Hamilton for vacation reading... should be an easy breezy read for the rest of us, right?! ;)

message 3: by Amandasantana (new)

Amandasantana | 9 comments I just finished a really original historical novel. It was called Sin Eater, by Megan Campisi. It's loosely set in Elizabethean England. I don't want to say too much about it. I went in cold and it was a very enjoyable read.

I also finished Rodham by Curtis Sittenfeld. My reaction to that one was mixed....

message 4: by Morgan (new)

Morgan Bird (morgsbirdy) | 4 comments Hi there, I haven't checked in for a few weeks! I recently wrapped up The Handmaid's Tale and I'm halfway through the sequel, The Testaments. Both novels are really interesting to read in the current political climate and inspired me to rethink how I'm an ally to women. You can really tell how the writing changed in the sequel in reaction to real-world events.