Arlington Public Library discussion

Adult Reading Challenge > Read a Historical Fiction that takes place before the 1900s

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Arlington Public Library (arlingtontxpubliclibrary) | 46 comments Mod
Read a book set in the time prior to the 1900s and leave a review and let us know if you would recommend it.

message 2: by Lee Ann (new)

Lee Ann | 4 comments Sue Monk’s Book of Longings. This is an interesting take on the life of Jesus. Anna, sister of Judas and wife of Jesus tells her story. I struggled a little with the concept, yet found the telling interesting and gained a different perspective of the times, tabus and experiences of the Hebrew laws. It is worth the reading time and be sure to read the authors notes on her reason for writing.

message 3: by Lee Ann (new)

Lee Ann | 4 comments Sue Monk’s Book of Longings. This is an interesting take on the life of Jesus. Anna, sister of Judas and wife of Jesus tells her story. I struggled a little with the concept, yet found the telling interesting and gained a different perspective of the times, tabus and experiences of the Hebrew laws. It is worth the reading time and be sure to read the authors notes on her reason for writing.

message 4: by Terrie (new)

Terrie (mcmath) | 10 comments I read "A Murderous Relation" by Deanne Rayburn, which is the fifth book in the Veronica Speedwell series. Veronica is an independent woman in the 1880s who solves mysteries and is involved with the a series of interesting characters, including the royal family. I recommend this book because the characters a fleshed out and interesting.