Hooked on Books discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archive > August 2020

Comments Showing 1-32 of 32 (32 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Hazel (last edited Jul 27, 2020 07:22AM) (new)

Hazel (hazelev93) Having trouble getting through your to read shelf? Can't decide what to read next? Would you like someone to choose a book for you to read? This is a monthly challenge where participants get paired up randomly and their partner picks a book for them to read. If this sounds like fun to you, welcome to this month's Pick It For Me challenge!

Sign ups end on the 24th. Partners will be assigned shortly thereafter. Book choices for your partners are to be given -on or before the 1st-. Please check back often during that time to be sure that you don't miss anything!

Guidelines
** Sign up below with your to-read shelf (or the shelf you prefer your picks to come from). Please do this so I will not have to guess which one.
* Please be sure that your profile is set to public, or that you friend your partner so that they can see your shelves.
- IF YOUR PROFILE IS NOT SET TO PUBLIC, PLEASE PROVIDE A LIST FOR YOUR PARTNER TO CHOOSE FROM

If you do not plan to participate or are unsure if you can pick a novel for your partner, PLEASE, PLEASE do not sign up. It is very difficult to re-pair individuals once we are underway.

After your partner selects a book for you, be sure and check back in each week or so to let us know your progress. Tell us if you like the book, love it or think it is just so-so.

Participants:
1) Nola picks for Kathy (msg 14)

2) Morana Pick 2 picks for
Carrie (msg 15)

3)Christine picks for Arina (msg 16)

4)Gabriela picks for Nola (msg 18)

5)Matilde picks for Morana Pick 2 (msg 22)

6)Stephanie picks for Matilde (msg 17)

7)Carrie picks for
Stephanie (msg 27)

8)Kathy picks for Gabriela (msg 13)

9)Arina picks for Lisa (msg 23)

10)Lisa picks for Christine (msg 21)

message 3: by Morana (new)

Morana (moranalove) | 56 comments I'm in: use tbr shelf and 2 books please

message 6: by matilde (new)

matilde (matiswonderland) I’m in with 2020 tbr shelf

message 7: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Tuell (booksloveme) | 206 comments Mod
Im in pick from my next own shelf please
https://www.goodreads.com/user_shelve...

message 8: by Carrie (new)

Carrie  (icanhasbooks) | 155 comments Please pick from my mgp shelf

https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

message 11: by Hazel (last edited Jul 25, 2020 02:22AM) (new)

Hazel (hazelev93) Sign ups have now ended.

Partners have been selected.

message 12: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Broyles | 522 comments For Gabriela, I have selected "Eliza and Her Monsters" Eliza and Her Monsters by Francesca Zappia . I read this one a couple of years ago and loved it. I hope you enjoy it too.

message 13: by Nola (new)

Nola Reid for Kathy, I pick Assassin's Apprentice (Farseer Trilogy, #1) by Robin Hobb . happy reading :)

message 14: by Morana (new)

Morana (moranalove) | 56 comments For Carrie, I pick If the Slipper Fits

message 15: by Christine (new)

Christine Hatfield  (christinesbookshelves) | 1257 comments Arina - I pick A Gift in December by Jenny Gladwell

message 16: by Stephanie (new)

For matilde, i pick The Woman in the Window by A.J. Finn . I cant wait to read it.

message 17: by Gabriela (new)

Gabriela | 47 comments Hi Nola,

I pick A Very Large Expanse of Sea by Tahereh Mafi for you. Hope you like it!

message 18: by Gabriela (new)

Gabriela | 47 comments Kathy wrote: "For Gabriela, I have selected "Eliza and Her Monsters" Eliza and Her Monsters by Francesca Zappia. I read this one a couple of years ago and loved it. I hope you enjoy it too."

Thank you! I hope to start it soon.

message 19: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Broyles | 522 comments Nola wrote: "for Kathy, I pick Assassin's Apprentice (Farseer Trilogy, #1) by Robin Hobb. happy reading :)"

Thank you! I'll add it to my August list. I also have two more books in the series, so maybe I'll just have a Robin Hobb August!

message 20: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 70 comments Christine, I pick Angel Killer (Jessica Blackwood #1) by Andrew Mayne for you. Enjoy!

message 21: by matilde (new)

matilde (matiswonderland) For Morana I pick:

Looking for Alaska (it’s my favorite John Green book) and The Serpent King!

Enjoy your reading

message 22: by Nola (new)

Nola Reid Gabriela wrote: "Hi Nola,

I pick A Very Large Expanse of Sea by Tahereh Mafi for you. Hope you like it!"

thanks! I've been wanting to read that for a while now

message 23: by Nola (new)

Nola Reid Kathy wrote: "Nola wrote: "for Kathy, I pick Assassin's Apprentice (Farseer Trilogy, #1) by Robin Hobb. happy reading :)"

Thank you! I'll add it to my August list. I also have two more books in the series, so maybe I'll just hav..."

glad you liked my pick :)

message 24: by Carrie (new)

Carrie  (icanhasbooks) | 155 comments Morana wrote: "For Carrie, I pick If the Slipper Fits"

Thank you

message 25: by Carrie (new)

Carrie  (icanhasbooks) | 155 comments Stephanie, Wuthering Heights I love this book.

message 26: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 70 comments Arina wrote: "For Lisa

I pick Ready Player One (Ready Player One, #1) by Ernest Cline"

Thanks Arina! Can’t wait!

message 27: by Hazel (new)

Hazel (hazelev93) Some great picks this month!

Hope to hear thoughts on Wuthering Heights and Ready Player One.

Kathy--- if you end up reading Robin Hobb I might start mine too, see if we both like it.

message 28: by Stephanie (new)

thanks Carrie! I will put it on my august list! I have wanted to read it forever. just looking for a reason to be forced.

message 29: by Carrie (new)

Carrie  (icanhasbooks) | 155 comments Hope you like it.

message 30: by Hazel (new)

Hazel (hazelev93) How did you like it Arina?

message 31: by Morana (new)

Morana (moranalove) | 56 comments Thanks for the picks Matilde. I gave The Serpent King 5 stars and Looking for Alaska 3 stars.

message 32: by Hazel (new)

Hazel (hazelev93) Morana wrote: "Thanks for the picks Matilde. I gave The Serpent King 5 stars and Looking for Alaska 3 stars."

Serpent King looks like a cry-fest might have to give it a look.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.