The Celestial Institution | Semi-Advanced discussion

Comments Showing 1-37 of 37 (37 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by clairene ⍥ (new)

clairene ⍥ | 146 comments Mod
The voices travel beyond the enchanted forest, and into the ocean as well. This is a sunny, nice and warm place to hang out, but sometimes the patches of rain travel to a particular part of the ocean; more specifically, the South-West region. But otherwise, it is a place that seems the least haunted, as compared to the other places beyond the Institution.

message 2: by Sushie || "In writing, you must kill all your (last edited Jul 14, 2020 12:42PM) (new)

Sushie || "In writing, you must kill all your darlings." -William Faulkner (73687) Verton barreled over to the ocean, the sweet, salty air calming his mind and bringing his memories home. "YAAAAHOOOO!" He screamed, tearing off his shirt and dove in, letting go of Amar's hand for an epic cannonball. He resurfaced, a smile very visible on his face as he laid on his back, floating on the salty water and breathing deeply.

message 3: by kylee (new)

kylee Amar didn’t follow him in. He stood on the beach, arms crossed as he surveyed the area. “Not what I imagined the ocean to be like,” he said. “Too vast. Too big.”

Sushie || "In writing, you must kill all your darlings." -William Faulkner (73687) Verton sat up in the water, treading lightly. He picked at a piece of seaweed on his leg and flicked it away. "So open. Come on." Verton teased, swimming closer to shore and shoving Amar in playfully. "Let your thoughts float away with you! Relax a bit, man!"

message 5: by kylee (new)

kylee “Just wait a sec, man,” Amar said, before he awkwardly took off his shirt, slipping his wings in first before lifting it up over his head and chucked it on the ground. He took off his shoes and socks, and very carefully stepped into the water.

Sushie || "In writing, you must kill all your darlings." -William Faulkner (73687) "Seriously? Just dunk! Stop this silly dilly-dally of yours." Verton pushed him under further. "Come on. Get in already." He splashed under the water and kicked around, breathing deeply. "Just like home..." he muttered to himself, making small waves with his hands.

message 7: by kylee (new)

kylee “Back off, i’m not used to the ocean, okay? There was only a river near my hometown, nothing bigger,” Amar said, but he did step deeper into the ocean. The water reached is hips, and he grimaced. So cold, he thought, shifting his legs. His wings were open and high above the water so they don’t get wet.

Sushie || "In writing, you must kill all your darlings." -William Faulkner (73687) "Fine, be lame." Verton said, pushing off the shore with his feet and crossing them in a relaxing manner. He laid back again and floated on the ocean waves, memories coming back and flowing through his thoughts. Home. Diarma.

message 9: by kylee (new)

kylee “Is this the same ocean where you’re from?” Amar asked Verton, as he moved deeper into the water. It was a different experience than what he’s used to; back home, the river is clean, slow, a full of smooth rocks. The ocean is clear, and full of creatures, which he doesn’t really like but doesn’t say anything.

Sushie || "In writing, you must kill all your darlings." -William Faulkner (73687) "Nah. I came from, like, halfway across the world from here. Any kind of water can bring back memories though..." He said this last part solemnly as he thought about Diarma and the day she left. He pushed the thought away angrily. Now wasn't the time.

Sushie || "In writing, you must kill all your darlings." -William Faulkner (73687) ((I have to go right now, bye))

message 12: by kylee (new)

kylee “Even like a puddle?” Amar half joked, staring into the water to make sure he wouldn’t step on anything.

message 13: by kylee (new)

kylee (bye!)

Sushie || "In writing, you must kill all your darlings." -William Faulkner (73687) Verton stopped kicking, contemplating this. "Maybe... but... I don't think so." He shrugged, "I guess I meant bigger bodies of water." He decided, getting back to his floating and kicking and relaxing. "Ahhh." Verton breathed happily. "I love the ocean." He dove backwards under the surface, searching for some kind of souvenier and came back up proudly presenting a sea shell. "It's a beauty."

message 15: by kylee (new)

kylee “Yeah, totally that..” Amar’s arms were out of the water, his elbows up to keep them dry. “Just not my cup a tea, i guess.”

Sushie || "In writing, you must kill all your darlings." -William Faulkner (73687) "Yeah whatever." Verton said, swimming back to shore. As he passed Amar, he manipulated the water around him into small gas bubbles, raising the bubbles up as he made a fart sound. "Gross!" Verton said backing away and covering his mouth and nose with one hand to hide his snickers. He leaned against the hot sandy beach, looking up at the sky.

message 17: by kylee (new)

kylee Amar scoffed and followed after Verton. He sat down next to his shirt and shoes, leaning back on his hands and staring up at the sky. “I prefer open fields over anything,” he said. “Sure, it’s kind of like the ocean with all its openness, but i trust it more.”

Sushie || "In writing, you must kill all your darlings." -William Faulkner (73687) "Fair enough." Verton said, shrugging and still snickering under his breath. He stared at the setting sun, the beautiful colors that graduated out of the hilltops and the hot sand cooling quickly on his back.
Beauty of the sea. A wonderful sight. And...
Voices?
He sat up straight, cocking his head curiously, "Did you hear that?"

message 19: by kylee (new)

kylee “Hear what?” Amar said, briefly looking at Verton before his eyes shift back up to the sky. “I just hear the ocean and your dumb voice.”

Sushie || "In writing, you must kill all your darlings." -William Faulkner (73687) "No. Be quiet. Listen." He said, clamping Amar's mouth shut with one hand and leaning forward on the other. "Something's... whispering..." He narrowed his eyes against the slightly foggy air and slowly darkening sky.

message 21: by kylee (new)

kylee Amar glared at Verton, but stayed quiet. After a few quiet moments, his eyes start to pick apart the natural sounds and he can hear the voices, ever so slightly.

Sushie || "In writing, you must kill all your darlings." -William Faulkner (73687) Verton noticed the change in Amar's eyes after a few moments of silence and he slowly removed his hand from Amar's mouth. "So..." He asked, "You hear it, too?" His voice was barely a whisper, afraid to break the silence, but still curious. What could they be? Verton wondered mentally, And what are they saying?

message 23: by kylee (new)

kylee Amar nodded slowly, turning his head to face the woods. “Are they students?” He asked, very quietly.

Sushie || "In writing, you must kill all your darlings." -William Faulkner (73687) "I don't know..." Verton said thoughtfully. "But I sure am glad you hear it. I thought I was going insane, or something." He pulled his feet completely out of the water and shivered, tugging his shirt and shoes back on. "I'm outa here. These voices are creepin' me out. You can come, too if you want, but I'm definitely not staying."

message 25: by kylee (new)

kylee “Yeah, like id stay here alone,” Amar grumbled, tugging on his socks and shoes. He stood up, but not before grabbing his shirt and pulling it on.

Sushie || "In writing, you must kill all your darlings." -William Faulkner (73687) "Good choice." Verton said, shook from the whole experience. He wrung his hands nervously as they walked away, shaking and wary. "So where to now?" Verton asked after they'd walked a while.

message 27: by kylee (new)

kylee “Someplace less... full of water and voices?” Amar shrugged. “This place is wild...” He kept looking over his shoulder, his eyebrows furrowed and eyes squinted as if he could see figures connected to the voices if he tried hard enough.

Sushie || "In writing, you must kill all your darlings." -William Faulkner (73687) "Hmmm... The forest?" Verton teased, eyes bulging as he made spooky movements with his fingers and ghost noises.
Then he laughed loudly, "I'm jesting." His eyes wrinkled playfully and he elbowed Amar in the waist. "But really. Where should we go?"

message 29: by kylee (new)

kylee “Isn’t there some stores nearby? Those are bound to not be spooky,” Amar said, grinning.

message 30: by clairene ⍥ (new)

clairene ⍥ | 146 comments Mod
(( kylee, try to type at least three to four sentences per post! thanks! ))

Sushie || "In writing, you must kill all your darlings." -William Faulkner (73687) "Sure. We can check those out." Verton agreed, peeking behind him once more before hurrying away from the ocean as quickly as possible. He didn't want to spend another second at the dreaded place.

message 32: by kylee (new)

kylee ((I will try!))
Amar nodded. “I should have some money, so the trip hopefully won’t be wasteful.” He tried to be cool, but his pace did hurry. The voices really freaked him out, even if he didn’t want to show it.

Sushie || "In writing, you must kill all your darlings." -William Faulkner (73687) ((Where are they going?))

message 34: by kylee (new)

kylee (You can choose this time!)

Sushie || "In writing, you must kill all your darlings." -William Faulkner (73687) ((Okay... The bakery?))

message 36: by kylee (new)

kylee (sure)

message 37: by Kanomi Okina (new)

Kanomi Okina (goodreadscomkanomi_okina) | 15 comments [Pixie]

She burst out of the water, her breath held. Pulling out her enchanted bracelet, she put it on. She groaned as her tail split in two causing her to gasp aloud. Pulling herself onto the shore, she collapsed.